Bifrog

Hi everyone

14 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I finally decided to join you today. I'm in my 30s and I have finally admitted to myself that I'm bi after having been seriously attracted to a straight co-worker last year. There have been crushes to both sexes before but never like this. I've been lurking a few times, wanted to see how others have dealt with a similar situation to mine. I have finally managed to get over her when I decided that I don't want to suffer anymore. I feel free now, though I think I'll always like her but thankfully don't have any feelings anymore that would make being around her uncomfortable.

Anyway, since I joined this "bi-world" I have seen that many people have had these unrequited crushes, not the only one by far. It helped reading about other people's experiences. Glad to be here.

Oh straight women...sigh. You're definitely not alone in that. Welcome to ShyBi!

Hi, welcome aboard :)

Not been here long myself but I've already met some great people, everyone's lovely here. Probably the least bitchy women's site I've ever encountered actually!

Welcome, I hope you find the support you are seeking. You are definitely not alone in your experiences. Although for me, I know my crush is bi but not interested.  

Hey, welcome!

Id echo what others have said - this is a great site and the ladies on here are awesome

Welcome to the site!  This is a wonderful place for support and community.  If you haven't already, be sure to check out How Our Forum Works to see the site rules and other helpful posts.

Girl crushes generally seem to come less often, but be more intense, based on what I've seen here.  It's hard when you fall for a straight girl.  They'll always break your heart!

On 1/14/2018 at 11:14 AM, Apsalar15 said:

Hi, welcome aboard :)

Not been here long myself but I've already met some great people, everyone's lovely here. Probably the least bitchy women's site I've ever encountered actually!

Hey, we can be bitchy in the right cause! Usually rallying each other for support when people's partners are treating them badly. Henceforth I may think of this site as ShyBitch...in the best way possible of course.

You know what I meant @ChemFem! :)

Thank you all for the welcome. I already have good vibe about the place. I think I'll mostly be lurking unless I decide to bore you about my crush I thought was mostly over. As they say "One step forward, two steps back". I need to meditate and take a walk to think about it. If I work on myself, take time for myself, I'll slowly be back to only taking steps forward in regards to my crush at work. Some days it just gets harder, you look at her and think how beautiful she is and then you're screwed, especially when she looks at you, too, and you gaze at each other for longer than it's considered casual (never happens with anyone else), it leads to more thinking about her. Damn. :lol:

Edited by Bifrog

Oh @Bifrog, I know it's painful but reading that makes me miss having a crush. I'm still mad in love with my fiance even after 6 years but I want a crusssssh lol

I had a mad crazy attraction episode a few months ago when I was across the country. I was riding the subway, exhausted and anxious for my trip to be over. I was zoned out and this woman got on the subway and I felt the pull as soon as she boarded. She sad next to me and I tried so hard to not look at her. I sat there gushing and overwhelmed with my attraction to her. She was not gorgeous, in fact very plain, so I could not tell you what it was. I was just instantly hot and bothered and wanted to be passionately intwined. I spent days in confusion and had to admit to myself that I am bi. Don't get me wrong, I've said it for awhile now and even had a few encounters but this hit me so hard that I woke up. It was my point of no return. 

Edited by unknown
transposed words didn't make sense

5 hours ago, unknown said:

I had a mad crazy attraction episode a few months ago when I was across the country. I was riding the subway, exhausted and anxious for my trip to be over. I was zoned out and this woman got on the subway and I felt the pull as soon as she boarded. She sad next to me and I tried so hard to not look at her. I sat there gushing and overwhelmed with my attraction to her. She was not gorgeous, in fact very plain, so I could not tell you what it was. I was just instantly hot and bothered and wanted to be passionately intwined. I spent days in confusion and had to admit to myself that I am bi. Don't get me wrong, I've said it for awhile now and even had a few encounters but this hit me so hard that I woke up. It was my point of no return. 

Aaah there's always that one who makes you go "Yep...I'm definitely bi" :D I was quite lucky that mine was when I was 16. 

On 1/19/2018 at 0:33 PM, Apsalar15 said:

Oh @Bifrog, I know it's painful but reading that makes me miss having a crush. I'm still mad in love with my fiance even after 6 years but I want a crusssssh lol

You have nothing to miss, the experience mostly sucks.

I try hard not to care but I still do and she's not worth it, not of my thinking about her, not of my admiration. If they don't appreciate you or like you back then they're not worthy of me appreciating and liking them. But you don't choose the people you fall for. My brain tells me she's not worth it but my heart still cares a bit. I'm telling myself that liking someone is something positive but people are so strange, nothing they do or think makes sense. It's so rare for me that I like someone and now I have to stop liking them because it's pointless and only leads to suffering when you expect something from them, attention, respect, liking you back and you get disappointed when you don't get those things.

I hope I learned something from this experience, I mean other than the fact that people disappoint you over and over again, and handle it differently the next time I'm about to fall for someone.

On 1/20/2018 at 0:03 AM, Apsalar15 said:

Aaah there's always that one who makes you go "Yep...I'm definitely bi" :D I was quite lucky that mine was when I was 16. 

Ahhhh! Lucky you are! I'm a tad jealous but also think its wonderful that you we're secure enough to be in a place of safety to know and free to accept yourself. I suppose I'm finally at a point where I should go to the welcome post and introduce my "unknown" self. Thx! :)