Lindalu

My Journey

10 posts in this topic

For many years I played the role of dedicated wife and mother. Twenty six years and five children later, I found myself at a crossroads. I could stay with a man I no longer loved, keeping the 'perfect' family  unit together.Or take the tough, scary step and leave.I chose the latter and it was the right decision.That was a year ago.On reflection, the past year has been, in the main, an exciting and refreshing one.I have met some interesting(and some not so interesting!) people, enjoying good company and also enjoying my own company, my own space...when I needed to.Recently, I've made friends with a woman and she has awakened a sleeping giant within me, that I never knew existed.The feelings that she evokes are stronger than any I've ever felt towards a man.Its exciting and beautiful, if a little overwhelming.I am at the start of a new and very different journey and who knows where it will lead, where I will be or how i will feel, this time next year.For now, I am enjoying the moment and open to all life's possibilities.The next chapter will be written when its ready.When I'm ready!

Congratulations for getting to this point in your life! It sounds like chapter 2 is truly yours to create and you're off to an exciting start! I too am starting a new chapter and am eager for new opportunities in all areas of my life. I wish you the best with your new lady friend. Hoping one comes into my life as well!

Mandolin,

Thank you for your kind words.

Wishing the same happiness to you in return...

And then some!!!

Linda

Very well said.... May you find happiness and a love that goes beyond words ..

Good for you!  It's amazing what getting out of the wrong relationship can do for you, and the freedom to pursue what's right for you can be so liberating.  I hope things keep going well for you!

Lindalu thank you for sharing, that’s amazing and brave I am happy that things are going well.  You sound very happy.  It is so encouraging to others like myself who are at that very crossroad, I too have been married for almost 26 years and realizing I am no longer in love with my husband and trying to find the strength to take that step.  

@Lizzie1967...and you will take that step...when the time is right for you.You deserve to be happy and I hope you will be...in time.Meanwhile,

take care of yourself,

will be thinking of you 

@SimplyTrouble...@BiTriMama...

Thank you both for your kind words

Hoping your journeys are equally fulfilling

So pleased you are happy Lindalu, I too was in a similar situation to yourself and have my own place now, I do not regret a thing and am loving the journey.  Life is for living and being who you are, enjoy every moment ! 

I have a wonderful girl in my life, who has brought me so much happiness. I wish you the very best :) 

@thesebrowneyes...thanks for your kind words and wishing you continued happiness too!