Luvmegirl

I have a question

5 posts in this topic

If you want to reach out to members and not trying to hook up just getting to know others that can support you and you can show support to them. How would you do that. I know the rules are we can’t message someone first without asking so how does that work?

i also don’t know how to tell how many posts I’ve got and how you are invited into the chat room where you can meet members here. Any suggestions?

You meet people here through the forums, you get to know them by reading what they post and responding to posts. If you connect with someone (inspired by her post, or share a common interest or situation) and you want to get to know her, you can use the PM system...but I’d only recommend doing that if you’ve at least posted in response to a post of hers and she knows who you are. You probably wouldn’t publicly ask if you could message her, but you’d probably share some dialogue in the forums before messaging. 

There is no chatroom at the moment and hasn’t been for a while, and no sign of it returning anytime soon.

Your post count is listed somewhere on your profile, right under your name I think. 

It isn't a dating site but friendships happen. If you want to privately message someone you do that and keep the conversation friendly or take it where you want :) When I joined you couldn't pm anyone unless you reached 50 posts, now I don't know how it works and also I agree with everything @Cute&Curious said

53 minutes ago, kairi said:

It isn't a dating site but friendships happen. If you want to privately message someone you do that and keep the conversation friendly or take it where you want :) When I joined you couldn't pm anyone unless you reached 50 posts, now I don't know how it works and also I agree with everything @Cute&Curious said

Thank you so much for that advice. Yea I know it’s not a dating site but if ppl form a friendship and they both want to go further that should be fine.

Your best bet is to create threads in the forums and get to know members that way.  You can send a message to someone about a post they've made; that is generally acceptable, but it's often better to respond right in the thread.  Ideally, you have some rapport with that person before you send them a message.

There isn't a chat room here, and again, the site isn't meant for meeting members, but that happens more organically.

You can see how many posts you have under your avatar.  The number next to the plus sign is how many "likes" (or "reputations") you've received.