Vikinggirl

Thankful

9 posts in this topic

Hi ladies. I am very new on here. A little nervous. I am married and my husband has no idea how I feel. A friend told me to check out this site. I am so glad I have. I thought I was a freak. I had a short relationship with a female years ago before marriage. My feelings have never changed for women and I'm at a place in my life where I am confused as hell. Lol

I see here I'm not the only one. I'm so glad I am here.

Welcome!  It’s always a big relief to know you’re not alone!

If you haven’t already, be sure to check out How Our Forum Works to see the site rules and other helpful posts.

What’s keeping you from telling your husband how you feel?

To be honest, I think I'm still in the marriage for my 9 year old as our other kids are older. My husband seems to enjoy letting people know that I'm his wife, but pay no attention to me otherwise. 

I have an amazing career and can take care of myself, but I'm just lost. I do know if I tell him, he will freak out and my life will not be the same. Not just for me though, but for my kids as well. 

So I ended up here, to at least be able to get my feelings out hopefully with no judgement.

Welcome! 

Welcome ... I'm in exactly the same situation and there's quite a few women who are too, some choose to share this with their other halves and some don't. You must do what's best for you x enjoy the site it's very supportive 

Hi! So glad you found the site! I think you will find it is not only supportive but also helpful in thinking about what you want and what could be.

Welcome! I’m very glad to be here too; interacting with people has helped calm and sort through my feelings and think about what I want from the future. 

@Violettais totally right - do what is best for you regarding who you tell and when. Not everyone is in a position where it would be happily received. 

I hope your confusion settles soon!

Hello and Welcome, your story is so similiar to mine and many others here. This place is wonderful to get out your feelings and meet other women who feel the same. 

On 1/26/2018 at 5:31 PM, Vikinggirl said:

To be honest, I think I'm still in the marriage for my 9 year old as our other kids are older. My husband seems to enjoy letting people know that I'm his wife, but pay no attention to me otherwise. 

I have an amazing career and can take care of myself, but I'm just lost. I do know if I tell him, he will freak out and my life will not be the same. Not just for me though, but for my kids as well. 

So I ended up here, to at least be able to get my feelings out hopefully with no judgement.

I’m sorry to hear you’re not happy in your marriage.  Do you plan to stick it out, or leave at some point?  Do you feel like he’s as unhappy as you are?