MishalB04

Hello

7 posts in this topic

Hi all just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie. I have been bicurious all my life and unfortunately did not explore those curiosities before becoming married at a very young age. My husband and I are open with one another about my feelings. He has recently encouraged me to explore this side of me a bit more. Looking forward to hearing from others about Thier experiences . Particularly those who are in relationship's and how that works.

Hi and Welcome to Shy’s

Hi, welcome to the site! 

Welcome!  If you haven’t already, be sure to check out How Our Forum Works to see the site rules and other helpful posts.

We have a whole forum on here dedicated to being in a committed relationship and being bi.  It can be tough to navigate, but you’re far from alone.  Go through the various forums and you’ll see a lot of posts you can probably relate to.

There’s a great book I often recommend if you’re considering this kind of arrangement.  It’s “The Ethical Slut” by Dossie Eaton.  It’ll help you avoid a lot of the common mistakes and help you and your husband communicate better with all this, even better than you are now.  You’re lucky you have a guy who’s supportive!!

On 1/30/2018 at 6:29 AM, BiTriMama said:

There’s a great book I often recommend if you’re considering this kind of arrangement.  It’s “The Ethical Slut” by Dossie Eaton.  It’ll help you avoid a lot of the common mistakes and help you and your husband communicate better with all this, even better than you are now.  You’re lucky you have a guy who’s supportive!!

Just downloaded this book. I knew there had to be some books out there, just didn't know what to search for. I'm so unimaginative :blush:

MishalB04 your guy is awesome for being encouraging :air_kiss: 

4 minutes ago, sikchick said:

Just downloaded this book. I knew there had to be some books out there, just didn't know what to search for. I'm so unimaginative :blush:

You can also check out Opening Up by Tristan Taormino, and there’s a website, morethantwo.com.  I don’t agree with some of the stuff on morethantwo, but that’s my own opinion.  I haven’t read Opening Up, but I really liked The Ethical Slut.  I think EVERY couple should read it, poly or not!!

Thanks! I'd like to read and then recommend to my partner. Would be great to open up conversation into something less casual perhaps. Not really sure what I want, but reading and sharing ideas can't hurt that's for sure.

I think my friends should all read these books too, might help them be more open minded <_<

Edited by sikchick