Apsalar15

Monster Hunter World

5 posts in this topic

Alright girls,

Anyone playing Monster Hunter World? I've been hyped about it for ages coz I've been playing MH games for a few years so I'm LOVING it :D so good to have it back on PlayStation. 

Be great to find some fellow hunters on here...

Me!  I am not doing it on Xbox Live though.  Mostly just playing it with my husband and son.  We try to limit the kiddos video game playing and I really am not too sure he needs to be online just yet at his age. 

It is the first time I have played it and didn't realize that it has a history so to speak until I started looking into it.  

I must say that the game is awesome, yet frustrating at times.  I was tough to level up initially but I feel like there are too many games out there that are way too easy.  It was nice to be able to sit down with a game that really made you work hard to progress.  I think that part of our problem is that playing solo has made it pretty tough.  I am guessing that going online and actually using the team dynamic of the game would make some of the critters way easier.  This is especially true of the elder dragons.  Man some of them are tough.  It gets frustrating when you get into it with one of them, use up all of your time, and were either really close to taking it down or fainted too many times.  GRRRR!!!

The story is pretty awesome too.  The palicoes are brilliant and hilarious.  My favorite monster so far is the Kirin.  Mr Prancy Pants!  Such a dorky looking thing but man he kicks butt.   

Oh wow, a reply! :"D 

We're on PS4. It's actually slightly easier on solo mode because the difficulty multiplier is ramped up as soon as you play with even one other player. I think we worked out that it's pretty much the same difficulty playing with 2 players as 4 so you're best off in a team of 4 if you're doing multiplayer! 

I've been playing properly since MH3U. I prefer it being on a proper console *but* the old games had a lot more monsters and a lot of them were much cooler. Hoping they bring a lot of them back, I might go back to playing it then.

Ha!  I just noticed you originally posted that back in January.   

I am always happy when they work on backwards compatibility with game consoles.  My household was miffed when the Xbox One initially came out with a short list of games that were backwards compatible.  The 360 was much better.  Slowly, but surely though they are increasing the list and also added games from the original Xbox.  My kid and I freaked out this past weekend when we found out that the original Star Wars Republic Commando for the Xbox was now playable on the Xbox One.  I honestly don't know why I held on to the game so long but man am I glad I did!

Did the other iterations of MH give you time limits on hunting/capturing monsters?  I really know nothing about it.  I only know the latest version.

Yeah, same time limit. The old games were much harder though, the new one holds your hand more and they made loads of quality of life improvements. You had to find the monster then throw a paintball at the monster so it would show up on the map, and that was time limited. No scoutflies, no handler etc. Just harder in general really lol. I do prefer a lot about the new game but the SOS thing and the MMO feel to it have taken something away. You used to make a room and take turns to post quests, and if you wanted to rank up, each person had to post it so if you had four people you'd have to do the same key quest four times to get everyone leveled up. It was fun though, more sense of community coz high level players would purposely hang out just to help newbies. It was nice :)