amsterrock

Dating Apps

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Seems like we’re all wondering how to meet people. So since i tried a few sites, i thought i’d share my findings to help some of you that are brave enough to get out there. If you’ve tried apps/sites, feel free to add to this list.

OkCupid - this site is very intuitive and well made. Even the app is great, although sometimes glitchy. I really liked the interface and the simplicity, and reasonably priced. It asks you a lot of questions to try and get the best matches. Highly recommend for single women.

BiCupid.com - unfortunately this is not associated with the previous company. Site looks like it hasn't been updated in 20 years. The app looks better though. Not a lot of people on here, but a wide range of interests. A lot more expensive than the average.

Polymatchmaker - again another basic site lacking an update. Most people seem to be couples looking for a third partner. Will have matches of people that haven't logged in in years because you cannot delete your account, just cancel the subscription. 

Craigslist - lots of posts looking for a quick hookup. If you're looking for pictures of vaginas, this is the place to go. Please be very cautious if you contact anyone on here.

Meetup - big cities tend to have numerous groups catering to lgbt. Great place to get out of your comfort zone in a group setting.

Edited by amsterrock

Tinder - very "hook-up-y", and even more based on looks than most other apps/sites.  If you're not traditionally hot, it will be hard to get a lot of matches.  Very much like the old "Hot or Not" site.

Plenty of Fish - Hard to navigate, IMO.  Luckily, my GF somehow managed to find me and shoot me a message!  Need to have a paid membership to see much of someone's profile.

Craigslist - occasional diamond in the rough, but mostly very explicit hook up ads.  Be prepared for guys and couples who don't care that you explicitly said you're ONLY looking for women.

OKCupid - continues to be a good app/site, and has been around for quite awhile now.

Fetlife - specific to fetishes, can look people up based on fetish.  Good way to find a unicorn and learn about kink and swinger events and communities.

Meetup - good for interests of all kinds, including LGBT.  Good way to explore.  Don't limit yourself to LGBT stuff!  You never know who might also share your love of knitting!

Yea, forgot to mention most sites will require paid membership to send or view messages. 

and I'd like to precise that some of the things you said are not the same for other countries outside the US, e.g. Tinder in Europe

12 hours ago, amsterrock said:

Anyone tried Her?

I found it to be a lot like Tinder, and more fakes/scammers than real women.  I did meet a couple of women from there who I had first dates with.  A lot of fakes who said they’re in the military (which was easy to determine was fake with a few questions, since I’m a veteran).  Those ones generall eventually ask for money.  I reported them before it ever got to that.