Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suncat

Reintroducing myself

4 posts in this topic

Hi! I joined this site a couple of years ago because I was having trouble being open about my sexuality despite years of knowing I was into girls but never having had a chance to explore it. Even though my friends are open minded and a couple of them queer themselves, I've found it difficult to really be open about this part of myself. Partly out of fear that I was wrong because for so long it all just kind of felt like it was in my head, and because I thought based on my relationship history that people would somehow not believe me. Anyway, I'm now 26 and since about a year ago I'm now out to my friends, my mum and basically anyone who asks. I guess there just came this point where I could just no longer hold it all in. I slept with a woman for the first time and it really confirmed my that my feelings were real, and I've been trying to start dating more now (which is sometimes scary!). So a lot of things have changed for the better, and I honestly NEVER thought I would ever reach this point. However sometimes I really feel the need to talk to other bi women because a lot of my friends have moved away and sometimes I just have too many feelings to process about girls and life in general :P Last time I was here everyone was so supportive and lovely, but then for whatever reason I didn't end up coming back to the site. However I'm here now and very excited to hear all of your stories!

Welcome back! Not that I've been here that long but I reckon the support from these awesome ladies is still very much the same ;) enjoy! A great place to be! 

Welcome back!  It’s so liberating when you can just be out and be yourself.  Your dating history has little to do with what you really want.  I dated men primarily for a long time just because it was easier.  Now I exclusively date women.  Assumptions are dangerous!

Thank you both! Unfortunately it's sometimes too easy to be influenced by the way others see you. I'm also now mostly interested in dating women and it's so exciting to be able to do that.