13 posts in this topic

So I signed up for Bicupid then immediately deactivated the account. I really want to meet someone but I am so scared to put myself out there. Maybe I will be able to one day. 

I tried that, along with 4 other sites. Quit all as it's just not my thing really. Don't stress tho.  You'll meet someone when you least expext it. Just be you, that's the simplest way and the best way to meet someone.  

@Vampire thanks. I quickly figured that out too. 

@girlwiththephoenixtattoo I am in the same boat.  I have no idea how to meet a woman...just not into the idea of dating apps.  However, the drive to experience a woman (and potentially have a relationship) is almost overwhelming.

Edited by Kailee

Give yourself time, I find that you know you're ready for something at the point when you want it more than you are scared of it. Online dating/dating apps definitely have their flaws but for me at the moment I find it to be the best way to meet people as I'm not great at approaching people in person.

BiCupid is absolutely rubbish, you're not missing anything. You have to pay a ridiculous fee to send a message, and the one person who caught my eye had uploaded their pics five years ago and not posted anything for almost as long, so they don't even keep their user activity or profiles up to date. Awful place.

POF is better but it's mostly couples looking for random threesomes, from what I saw. I've taken myself off of all of them coz I don't see it working for me in my situation.

@Apsalar15 that’s what I have been hearing. After BiCupid I am done. I will just have to find another way to meet a woman. 

@suncat yeah I am just going to try and put myself out. Guess I’ll just have to see how that goes. 

Ive recently ventured into the dating app scene as well. Figured I'd keep it for a month and then reassess, I feel like as a married woman there s not many ways to meet other women. I've chatted with a few women online, but it s slim pickings. Wish there was something more catered to our situation. 

1 minute ago, amsterrock said:

Ive recently ventured into the dating app scene as well. Figured I'd keep it for a month and then reassess, I feel like as a married woman there s not many ways to meet other women. I've chatted with a few women online, but it s slim pickings. Wish there was something more catered to our situation. 

I know. It is definitely difficult being married. At least for now I have comfort here. 

Maybe we should push each other to go to a meetup event. It s hard to get the courage to go alone, but if we re challenging each other to get out there, it could help?

I am up for it. 

Plenty of Fish... POF seems to be working for me, have had lots of interest, 20+ in a week, a few awkward and a few really good conversations, and met someone locally that i'm going  to try and get to know better over lunch and a game of pool tomorrow.

I joined as a spur of the moment thing and so far so good.

I haven't  upgraded to a full account but don't think it's necessary. I can see if someone 'wants to meet' and send them a message, just can't use the rest of that feature.

Go for it ladies.. there are people out there just like you looking for people just like you.

Edited by bi-the-ocean