Glittergal

Hi, nice to meet you all :) a bit of my story

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I'm Glittergal. It's nice to meet you all.

A little about me...I'm 18 but I've known I was bi since I was 15. I'm Kinsey 4, so I'm slightly more attracted to women than men.

I lost friends for my sexual orientation when I was in 9th grade, when I was still questioning and decided to cut off a homophobic friend in our friend group. The group fell apart in the most ironic of ways, which I'll talk about in later posts, but I feel like I still have pain and resentment left over from this event. Similarly, I had a month-and-a-half long relationship with a guy I had a crush on last year when I was a junior and he was a senior. I lost my virginity to him and he ultimately ended up using me for sex. I broke up with him after an intense pregnancy scare and quickly realized he was a POS and really low-hanging fruit compared to guys I like this year. It hurt a lot to know I let him use me as a sex object but I've recovered a lot with time. I'll probably get more into that later as well. These events, more than I'd like to admit, have had their effects on me. I think speaking to similar people who may have similar stories would be helpful as I get older and (hopefully) wiser. Other things I will probably talk about here are inner conflicts, some family issues, things with friends of the present and past, my goals and hopes, my fears, and maybe some of my opinions that have also have their profound effects on me.

I'm also very, very, very eager to explore my sexuality more, now that I'm legal, but this time in a healthier, safer, and more empowering ways. And this time with other women. I have a lot of fantasies but I'm also very shy lol.

I hope the women here can share their wisdom and truths, hear what I have to say, and heal with me I guess. I really appreciate women and I find that I value and yearn for their company at times, in both romantic and sexual ways, and non-romantic and non-sexual ways.

This is probably more serious and dramatic than it needs to be...Some more casual things about me are that my favorite color is purple, I'm a huge makeup geek, I love to sing and waste time I don't have listening to music. I have huge celebrity crushes on Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan (Stucky and other gay ships for the win!!), I have alopecia but it's not that bad (yet), and I want to be a medical researcher so I'll be in college for a long time working for that doctorate degree but I also want to be an activist. Do I have anything in common with anyone, or did I scare everyone away with my melodramatic intro lol? <3 

Edited by Glittergal

Welcome to Shybi Glittergal. Yep scared me. A lot of knowledge for a 18 year old. We all get used no matter the age. I'm 54 and still get caught on occasion.  It's all lessons we learn, or hope we do. 

Hello! I also have interests in both research and activism, though for me it's more related to microbiology than human medicine. As @Vampire said, impressive self-knowledge. You already have a head start in life. Welcome to ShyBi!

Welcome to the site!  Please check out How Our Forum Works to see the site rules and other helpful posts if you haven't already.

I think many of us were used for sex by a guy somewhere early on.  I know my first boyfriend broke it off with me for not putting out (when I was 15).  Some guys are just scum, but the same can be said for women!  How fortunate you are to know this stuff about you so young.  You'll find a lot of members here who realized it after they'd already married men and started families.  I was 18 when I realized I was into women, and 25 when I came out as gay (only to then end up married to an abusive man for 7 years, then leave him).  We all have our journeys, and as you poke through the forums, I think you'll find a lot of interesting stories and relatable situations.

Welcome!  I don't think I need to say it, but you have a great self-awareness already.  I wish you luck in your journey!

On 2/15/2018 at 8:09 AM, BiTriMama said:

Welcome to the site!  Please check out How Our Forum Works to see the site rules and other helpful posts if you haven't already.

I think many of us were used for sex by a guy somewhere early on.  I know my first boyfriend broke it off with me for not putting out (when I was 15).  Some guys are just scum, but the same can be said for women!  How fortunate you are to know this stuff about you so young.  You'll find a lot of members here who realized it after they'd already married men and started families.  I was 18 when I realized I was into women, and 25 when I came out as gay (only to then end up married to an abusive man for 7 years, then leave him).  We all have our journeys, and as you poke through the forums, I think you'll find a lot of interesting stories and relatable situations.

Heh, I did the reverse. I broke up with a boyfriend when I turned 18 because I figured me being underage before was the only thing staving off unwanted advances. Why this didn't raise red flags earlier I don't know. Anyway @Glittergal the point is some people are asshole but those on here mostly aren't. Sorry for your bad experiences but I'm sure you'll go on to wonderful things. :)

@Glittergal welcome! Really enjoyed reading your intro! I'm a bit of a makeup geek too! There's some great subjects up for discussion here and everyone is very supportive! It's a great site and I'm enjoying being part of it, it's really helped me. X enjoy!