JESV

Want to be able to speak freely

6 posts in this topic

I just signed up to this site tonight.  I just acknowledged/recognized that I am bisexual within the last year. However I am married so its not like I will ever get to act on it.  Although I wish i could.   The fantasies are awesome though - but are depressing as I have them about people I know and not strangers (I try but harder).  I told my husband as well - he is not happy about it but trying to get used to it.  No one else knows as I feel might be awkward so decided to a Google a place I can really express myself as not fully open with the hubby all the time as depresses/angers him.  So hello everyone!

Hello! You might be surprised at the number of members on here who have actually been able to act on their bisexuality while married. I can't promise that will be the case for you, but don't lose hope. Welcome to ShyBi!

Welcome to Shybi! 

I’m in a similar situation with my husband, he’s not approving, and unable to talk about anything related to my attraction to women.

As @ChemFemmentioned, there are quite a few married women here who explore their bisexuality, some ethically, some not so much lol (nobody here judges them for that). And there are plenty of women who acknowledge/recognize their bisexuality later in life. Regardless of what path you’re on, this is a great place for support and self expression.

Welcome, you found a great and safe place to communicate with women who feel the same as you and are in similar situations.  We all navigate it differently, but the discussion and openness has been a saving grace for many of us, self included.

17 hours ago, JESV said:

I just signed up to this site tonight.  I just acknowledged/recognized that I am bisexual within the last year. However I am married so its not like I will ever get to act on it.  Although I wish i could.   The fantasies are awesome though - but are depressing as I have them about people I know and not strangers (I try but harder).  I told my husband as well - he is not happy about it but trying to get used to it.  No one else knows as I feel might be awkward so decided to a Google a place I can really express myself as not fully open with the hubby all the time as depresses/angers him.  So hello everyone!

Same here ! Hello !

Welcome to the site!  Your situation is just the kind of thing that’s why this site exists.  It’s so important to have support and to not feel alone with this.  If you haven’t already, be sure to check out How Our Forum Works to see the site rules and other helpful posts.

I’m sorry to hear your husband isn’t more supportive.  Often that’s out of fear that this somehow makes you more likely to leave.  Hopefully in time, you two can find some common ground on this.