Mooncups

Just become a member!

10 posts in this topic

Hi there!, It looks like I could get some great support here, only found the site yesterday.

Back story: Just under 50, lived alone for years with cats.  first time in years fell in love, madly, with a woman. It was great, now its shit.   It's driven me Mad so its good to read posts of others who felt the same.  I've done a lot of reading, primarily on Limerance, etc attachment ishoos and problems with rejection and had a few therapy sessions.  I never thought I could fall in love at all let alone so heavily with someone so unsuited to me / each other.  I didn't think the sexuality counts but maybe I need to explore this as I really enjoyed being intimate with her and feel a bit bereft now its over.

I've never posted on a forum before but I think this site along with others could help me identify myself so will sign in another time for now as this is a brave move for me.

So Voila!  I hope I can share some feelings on here but I've had no response and the site seems to be at risk of shutting down?

I swear, every product I ever get into goes Out of Production.

Welcome! You’re right, this is a great place for support. It’s not typical for a new member introduction to go unnoticed, and receive no response, sorry about that, but as you’ve noticed, we have some site issues at the moment that’s taken the majority of attention. Hopefully all will be back to normal soon and you can enjoy this fantastic little community. Have a look through the forums, particularly ‘how our forum works’, there’s lots of helpful information there including some house rules. 

Welcome!  I hope you find the support you're looking for here.  This place has been a wonderful resource for my own journey.  There are many years of experiences and advice running through its veins.

Thank you for the response.  You all seem so kind.  

However can anybody suggest any more similar forums that I can join.  I live in South France and would like to open up to the local bi shy community.  Any suggestions?  As i said above I find website I like, a pasta dish I adore, a packet of crisps that changes ingredients!!  Its like a conspiracy against me that whatever I find no longer exists or is under closure. I wanted to join a small community initially and yours seems great but I feel I need a site with more traffic.  Not that I want to say much right now but it's like having no cigarettes, I need more!  hope your understand. 

Edited by Mooncups
editing

I think my thinking is the best way to get over someone - my very intense feelings towards another woman that was not reciprocated - is to get under another.

I feel a bit used as an older woman, not yet 50, by a young hussy.  I feel I fell in love and she just wanted sex.  I feel used and underestimated.

If gay love is as shallow and as deceptive as heterosexual love, then where is there the community I thought existed under that rainbow.  I thought I was entering a safe zone yet I am torn to pieces emotionally by someone though younger than me, has 20 years comfortable with her sexuality and playing the game with me.   Young people tend to think us elders should be grateful for any attention we get.  I am older and wiser but this has destroyed everything I aspired to be.

So any advice where to find the scene, near me, without using apps, would be of help.

Edited by Mooncups
editing

Nevermind Chicas,  I'll go back to Mumsnet and search for other sites.  Thanks you having me.

We are from all over the world here. We have big time differences and we are being patient with each other :) But we do support each other and that's what's this site is about. I don't know what scene near you you are trying to find but I am sure in time others will advise you. 

Welcome if you stay! 

You'd be best off posting in the relationship forum, this is just the welcome bit so people don't tend to create or read massive threads here. The traffic is in other areas - you just need to actually look around :)

Welcome to the site!  This can be a great place for support, but no, it's not as active as, say, a large Facebook group.  That would probably be the next closest thing to what you're looking for.  For some direction on this site, check out How Our Forum Works, where there are many threads, including the site rules, with some great guidance.

Relationships with women can be really intense and can take you by surprise when you least expect it!  Limerence is a very powerful force, and it's good to recognize it for what it is.  I think most of us have landed in relationships we realized were WAY wrong for us once that initial excitement wore off!  But it sounds like it helped you learn about yourself, and that alone is a great gift.