teeny

Aloha

8 posts in this topic

Aloha from Hawaii. 

It will be nice to getting to know you all. I should tell you I will be absent about 40 days because I'm heading to Nepal to trek up to Everest Base Camp. A little about me, well I ended up in Hawaii last year after falling in love with a woman...well she never fell back. Maybe I read her actions wrong, I don't know, she threw me a lot of change ups. She confused me- big time. 

So I took my broken heart and left for Hawaii.  I've never fallen so hard for anyone in my life. I still admit to being completely in love with her and maybe I will be forever, I really don't know. I'm trying to move on but it's hard. I've always been attracted to women, there's just something about them. I've been married to a man for 15 years, he knows all about my attraction to women and he doesn't care and when and if a woman comes into my life, I don't share with him. I'm a private kind of woman. 

Although I do write a lot, life experiences so sometimes, women have become my muse, or Mona Lisa. 

I'm more the listener and less the talker. I'm shy so it takes me time to warm up. I'm also a Capricorn so you know I'm not the easiest person too get along with, as I can be moody. 

I'm a dreamer, but I'm also a doer. When I have something in mind- you can bet I will get it done, in time. Like the Seven Summits I want to climb. 

People call me teeny because I'm skinny and due to my very fast metabolism it SUCKS. I don't tan very well, it's gotta be the Irish in me, so my pasty white butt matches the rest of my pasty skin. 

I'm a huge fan of themes from movies as far as music goes and can probably name a tune in 3 notes or less. I have two college degrees I don't use. One in Forensic Science and one in Travel and Tourism. I'm still trying to find what I want to do in life. I just haven't found it. I guess I am a little lost. 

I really don't trust any men, except my husband who is more like my best friend. We stopped any physical intimacy three years ago. 

So that's the basic rundown of me. Other than, living in Hawaii is NOT always paradise. 

Oh I also love to hike and trek and I carry a bear, Ellen, with me wherever I am hiking or trekking. She was given to me last Valentines Day by the woman I fell in love with, also known as My Love. 

IMG_0594 (2).JPG

Hi welcome and I am impressed xaxa :)

Welcome to the site!  Sounds like you have an AMAZING adventure ahead of you!  So awesome!  It’s great that you’re husband isn’t so supportive of you dating women.  Can I ask, what is keeping you two together?

If you haven’t already, be sure to check out How Our Forum Works to see the site rules and other helpful posts.

Sometimes it takes us awhile to figure things out in life, and right after a heartbreak can open us up to new possibilities.  Hopefully you’ll get some answers for yourself along this journey you’re taking!

Your bear is adorable! I hope she will survive the thin air of Everest :p. Sorry to hear that your love affair didn't work out, but it sounds like you are coping with that loss in a very healthy and productive way. Welcome to ShyBi!

Hi @teeny - welcome to Shybi! 

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out with your lady love, and hope that you're beginning to feel better. 

Have you ever gone trekking in Nepal before? I l really love it there - it's the perfect place to clear your head, and enjoy Tibetan diaspora culture. I went up to Everest Base Camp about 20 years ago, but haven't been back there since. It was a very intense experience, and really took it out of me, but was very much worthwhile. 

I hope you have a wonderful time in that glorious place. Please be sure to tell us all about your adventures! :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome! What keeps my husband and I together? We balance each other out somehow, best friends and yet somehow it works without sex. No I've never been to the Himalayas, but I've been reading about it and researching it for many years. I cannot wait to go and I really hope I do find some peace of mind and an amazing experience! 

On 2/22/2018 at 5:22 AM, teeny said:

No I've never been to the Himalayas, but I've been reading about it and researching it for many years. I cannot wait to go and I really hope I do find some peace of mind and an amazing experience! 

So, you probably know how cold it is at night then, and also that the sun is extremely dangerous at all times (I got scorched through a slight opening in my scarf, because my sun block had worn off)... Don't underestimate the cold - it's ABSOLUTELY FREEZING, and you'll need a sub-zero sleeping bag, and full thermal kit (a down puffa jacket; fleece jacket; hat and gloves; and thermal undergarments).

Also, be sure to bring all of the other kit you need (like high-quality polarizing sunglasses with maximum UV protection; enough high-factor sun block [including a sun-block lip stick] and sun screen; a good water bottle or two; high-quality boots and walking poles; crampons [because there are sometimes huge sheets of ice at Base Camp]; and gaiters), as quality products aren't widely available in Nepal, and if you do find them in Kathmandu or Pokhara, they cost a fortune (and are often counterfeit goods, not the real thing).

You may already know all of this, but I thought I ought to mention it anyway, because it's very common to see trekkers at Base Camp, and lower down, with inadequate equipment, which results in discomfort and sometimes dangerous situations. The best books to read are the ones actually geared toward trekking, not the more general ones (like Lonely Planet, which is hugely popular, but not designed for serious trekkers.) 

Bon voyage, and happy trekking! :)

Hey! I'm on O'ahu! Welcome.