yorkshiregirl

Y'all right?!

8 posts in this topic

Well that is my typical greeting and, i have to say i am a little nervous actually starting a topic and actually having to write about myself! 

I'm Becca and hello :rolleyes: i have commented on a few posts already but thought it would be good to just pop on a little bit about myself. 

I'm 28, married to a man, two wonderful little girls and one on the way. I've been a 'watcher' on shy for a while but decided to take the plunge as everyone seems really supportive and friendly...so thank you for that ladies! 

I came out to my husband, mum and one female friend last year. Their responses were good, just very neutral. My husband was very much into the "this means we can have a threesome" thing but i think he has got a bit more insecure as time has gone on. Its definetly something we need to work on together...he is a great father but has some controllig tendencies and can be quite jealous...long story and quite a strange upbringing...i digress lol.

Anyway, i have really always known i was attracted to both men and women and i think i crushed on a girl when i was about 9 (year 5 in the UK) and she was the year above me and things kind of went from there, except they didnt and i feel i internalised my feelings for a long time. Struggled in primary and secondary school due to bullying (emotional not physical) and feel like i just internalised my feelings for women to fit in...my school was not kind to anyone who was different and being a 5'10" 11 year old who was already chunky (the chunk turned to curve thankfully lol) i already had a 'target' on my back!

I met my husband at 17, we married when i was a week shy of 21. I love my husband, he is my best friend...but i know i married him because i was scared of being left alone...which fyi not the best reason for getting married! I had a breif thing with a lovely woman last year...nothing physical more than a kiss (she is French and lives there) but ahe made me realise that i really am into women. Now i've got my head around that, i feel ready to talk about it more and get to know more lole minded people! 

Sorry for the ramble, i ramble when i am a little nervous so apologies! Thank you for getting though this lol and i wish you all have a wonderful and positive day x

Hi :) Don't be nervous tho I understand it. I was too when I joined and wasn't commenting

We are very friendly here :wink::P

Edited by kairi
Cause sometimes my humor is bad :p

Welcome to the wonderful world of Shy. We were all nervous first thing but everyone is so friendly and such a safe place to be 

Welcome to Shy. Don't worry about rambling, I do the same thing when I'm nervous. We are a bunch of friendly people and I enjoy seeing your posts in the future.

Welcome to Shys yorkshiregirl !!  I'm sure you'll have a splendid time here discovering your feelings, I've been a member for many years and have found it so supportive and educational :) 

have lots of fun ! 

Thank you ladies, i am already feeling super welcome. 

Its really noce to have a place where i feel at home!!!

Welcome to the site!

It's tough when your guy assumes that bisexual means threesome.  Nope!  There are many ways to express bisexuality, most of which do not involve threesomes.  What would you have if you had it your way?

How is your marriage in general?  You said that he is controlling and jealous, what does that look like?  Are you happy being married to him?

My husband was excited about the thought of getting to have a threesome also (he was a little ashamed) until he really thought about it. I think once men think about what a threesome would look like with their newly bi or lesbian wife they’re less intrigued.