la-femme

Shybi's future :- UPDATE on our troubles..

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

After what seems like 100 phonecalls and crossed wires over activated/deactived hosting accounts and what domain names were where... I think we've done it  ! 

Dear ******************

The domain below is currently being transferred from its current package to the specified package:

Domain: shybi.com

Contract number of package receiving domain: 6*******6

Please allow up to 24 hours for the domain transfer. Please wait until the transfer is complete to alter any domain settings. During the domain transfer, the subdomains, e-mail addresses, website files and other data associated with the domain name will not transfer automatically. Once the transfer is complete, you can then migrate your data and recreate your domain settings as necessary.

Thank you for using 1&1.

So at least I'll have access to the domain name again ! Thank you all so much for coming together on this. I cannot thank you enough.

I would love to say that we can now move forward but unfortunately one of the donators ( as is absolutely their right ) wishes their donation returned in full and has started a Paypal  fraud ( ?) case against me. I have no idea what's up with that or what happens next in these cases as it's never happened to me before. This will put on hold any changes or updates we need over the next month or so ie ipb forum software renewal etc as I'm obviously going to refund the donation instead of putting it towards the £170 hosting bill I actually needed it for.  

I do apologise but it is what it is and I can only do my best with what I have. 

But.. at least I have will the domain name safe for our use which is a start ! 

Thanks again everyone LF xxx 

We all need this site as much as this site needs us 

I’m glad to hear that everything is back on track, but sorry to hear about the PayPal fraud case, hopefully it will all be sorted out soon. Thank you @la-femme for your time and effort that you’ve put into this site, you have many members here who are grateful for all you do.

Thank you, @la-femme!

@la-femme  We appreciate you and all your efforts.  Please let us know what we can do to help going forward. 

No refund was issued and the case was closed. A member panicked messaged me, said the site was down. I had said to them previously that if the site went down I would split my refund for them and another member who gave when they couldn't really afford to. Given that it was inaccurate I cancelled the claim I just wanted you to know that money wise is the same as it was before this post was made.

I've offered to support admin in the future privately and I'm glad everyone seems on board.

Edited by Hungry

2 minutes ago, Hungry said:

No refund was issued and the case was closed. A member panicked messaged me, said the site was down. I had said to them previously that if the site went down I would split my refund for them and another member who gave when they couldn't really afford to. Given that it was inaccurate I cancelled the claim I just wanted you to know that money wise is what it was before this post was made.

I've offered to support admin in the future privately and I'm glad everyone seems on board.

Sounds like just miscommunication and with the site down, no way of knowing anything. I think after yesterday, most everyone is on board to keep the site up. Just have to figure out the details going forward. 

Just now, JadeBleu15 said:

Sounds like just miscommunication and with the site down, no way of knowing anything. I think after yesterday, most everyone is on board to keep the site up. Just have to figure out the details going forward. 

Totally and I've had an email exchange with @la-femme and while I won't be on the site I'm happy to help out and one thing she said she definitely needs going forward is help in running the site so I trust they're many who'd be willing to step up. Take care of yourselves :D

Just now, Hungry said:

Totally and I've had an email exchange with @la-femme and while I won't be on the site I'm happy to help out and one thing she said she definitely needs going forward is help in running the site so I trust they're many who'd be willing to step up. Take care of yourselves :D

Awful sorry to see you go,  you take care. 

Thank you la-femme for taking care of things and I'm glad to hear that the fraud thing was dropped. Looking forward to the site being around for a long time. When you get to the place where you might want others to help I'd be happy to lend a hand, whatever you need.