Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ExploringLife

scared to act on my feelings!

9 posts in this topic

Hey! I recently decided I was bi and told people about it. I've felt like I needed to be honest as I'd been having feelings and attraction towards women for a while and kissed lots of girls whilst on nights out etc. Anyway my dilemma now is that I'm talking to an older woman I met online, and the time is approaching to meet up for a drink but I am just really nervous about it, and I don't want to be because I don't want to make things awkward. But, part of me wonders if this is even what I want, I am not sure I want to be in a relationship with a woman and I am definitely scared to go further than kissing but also intrigued. Anyone else feel like this?

I can’t say that I relate, but I will say, if you’re unsure whether or not you’re ready for a relationship with a woman, you’re probably not. If you’re nervous about meeting this woman, then maybe it’s not a good idea right now

Relax and just treat it as a coffee with a friend. If you are still not sure maybe you are not ready

This was the reason I joined shy. It took me almost two years. I don't think I would have done it earlier but now I am ready.when the time is right you'll feel it 

Edited by kairi

I'm always nervous when I'm going on a date, and especially when I went on my first date with a woman- yikes!  Be honest that you're nervous, and just go with it.  And don't drink too many drinks to try to get comfortable- that just sets you up for trouble!

HAVE FUN!!!

I think it wouldn't hurt to go out as friends but be open to the possibility of more- just make sure she's aware this is how you feel. Maybe if you're not totally ready, just wait for it to happen naturally with another woman. 

Edited by Veronica

You'll never know until you try. Embrace your nervousness. There's nothing you can do that'll make it go away. It's your first time. She'll probably notice it but who cares? If she's among the good ones, she'll understand and will do something or say something to make you feel at ease. Be YOU.

After many meetings with women and experience, this nervousness will mellow but there's no guarantee that you won't feel it again of course. Go there and have fun. Just think and think that you're only talking to one of your good friends and having a catch up. Don't worry about how are you going to flirt or what...Be there as you. 

Enjoy!

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, ExploringLife said:

Hey! I recently decided I was bi and told people about it. I've felt like I needed to be honest as I'd been having feelings and attraction towards women for a while and kissed lots of girls whilst on nights out etc. Anyway my dilemma now is that I'm talking to an older woman I met online, and the time is approaching to meet up for a drink but I am just really nervous about it, and I don't want to be because I don't want to make things awkward. But, part of me wonders if this is even what I want, I am not sure I want to be in a relationship with a woman and I am definitely scared to go further than kissing but also intrigued. Anyone else feel like this?

Your nervousness is perfectly natural. She would be nervous too. The thing is, you've chatted to her online, there is obviously something there that has got you to the point of contemplating a meet-up. If you don't meet this woman, it will probably drive you mad and you'll regret the missed opportunity. Go for it and have a drink with her. A spark or no spark will be your best indication. 

23 hours ago, SioRan said:

Your nervousness is perfectly natural. She would be nervous too. The thing is, you've chatted to her online, there is obviously something there that has got you to the point of contemplating a meet-up. If you don't meet this woman, it will probably drive you mad and you'll regret the missed opportunity. Go for it and have a drink with her. A spark or no spark will be your best indication. 

Thank you I totally agree with you here and feel like I would regret it if I just left it!!