Apsalar15

International Women's Day

11 posts in this topic

Ladies of shys!

I just wanted to say on this day, how grateful I am to have ended up here and to have spoken to you. Thank you for making me think, smile, laugh, blush and feel like I have a tribe even if I can't see you irl. You're all courageous, loving, interesting people and you deserve to feel amazing. Have a great day xxx

International Women's day. Hmm so it is.

I'm going to a football match at the weekend. Just hope I won't be detained for being a girl. Sounds a ridiculous thing to say, right?  Last week in Iran at a football match, 35 fans were indeed detained, for being female. Across the gulf in Saudi Arabia, women are fighting for the right to possess a driving licence.

It knocks me sick.

6 minutes ago, SioRan said:

International Women's day. Hmm so it is.

I'm going to a football match at the weekend. Just hope I won't be detained for being a girl. Sounds a ridiculous thing to say, right?  Last week in Iran at a football match, 35 fans were indeed detained, for being female. Across the gulf in Saudi Arabia, women are fighting for the right to possess a driving licence.

It knocks me sick.

Don't get me started on Saudi Arabia and the way the Tories suck up to them >:( I'm trying to maintain a good mood today lol

I think they should make it a national holiday!! We should celebrate and be celebrated

Heres to strong women.

May we know them.

May we be them.

May we raise them. 

10 minutes ago, Twiceifilikeit said:

I think they should make it a national holiday!! We should celebrate and be celebrated

Heres to strong women.

May we know them.

May we be them.

May we raise them. 

Totally agree. Show the world we are strong and stronger women will follow!!

5 minutes ago, shazza21 said:

Totally agree. Show the world we are strong and stronger women will follow!!

I feel very passionately about raising my Daughter to be a strong, independent woman who’s default is not “I can’t” (insert pink sparkly hearts!) 

1 minute ago, Twiceifilikeit said:

I feel very passionately about raising my Daughter to be a strong, independent woman who’s default is not “I can’t” (insert pink sparkly hearts!) 

Me too. My daughter moved out a month after she was 18 and went to live in a different country although she suffers from depression and anxiety. She now has her own home a lovely man and is doing the job she always wanted. Being a chef and loving it. She will be 21 this year and buying her own home. I couldn't be prouder. She is one very strong woman ❤

I'm raising two strong girls but I also have to live with them lol! My toddler is definitely the feisty one, she's a right little dragon :D

1 minute ago, Apsalar15 said:

I'm raising two strong girls but I also have to live with them lol! My toddler is definitely the feisty one, she's a right little dragon :D

Yeah been there got the tshirt lol

My daughter always put me and her older brother in our places!!

Happy Women’s Day! If women ran this world everything would be a lot more organized and not chaotic (USA Im talking about us). 

I am so thankful I found this amazing place. I keep telling my husband how supportive everybody is. I’m not sure he totally believes me. (I won’t let him read anything). 

Happy Women's Day! Celebrate strength, indepence, and independence! I'm actually spending the day with 2 wonderful strong women friends. Shopping for house renovation stuff, then whatever else we fancy. Followed by great food. Perfect!