Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
softfruit

Who's going to a Pride?

4 posts in this topic

It's - shockingly - my second trip to an LGBT Pride of the year in a few weeks' time (Bury Pride, April 7th).  The first was Student Pride last month - hadn't been to that in ten years and gosh it had changed for the busier and better!

So I thought maybe a thread for people going to Prides to bounce around excitedly about them beforehand or tell us how it went when they sober up after. Who's going to what? What are your hopes or fears?

Obviously we are not going to be making plans here for any kind of Shys Meet Up as that's outside the rules of the forum but there might be other things that are within the rules like noting where and when organised bi marching groups are meeting or the like.

bi-proud-sticker.jpg

I'm undecided about going to Pride in either San Francisco or Oakland this year.  I took my son a couple of years ago to SF, which was a lot of fun.  I have the feeling my GF would prefer to avoid the crowds.  We'll see.  I may see about getting together with a group of friends or something.  I know the organization I work for generally marches in the parade, so there's also that option.

Pride in Louisville is in June. I hope to go this year. I wanted to go last year but was unable to. 

7 hours ago, BiTriMama said:

I have the feeling my GF would prefer to avoid the crowds. 

I don't know how much this is the case in other countries but in the UK there are loads of littler prides here now - so like in the county where I live there will be around 14 of them this summer ranging from the really big 4-day flamboyant and drunken spectacular of Manchester Pride with many many 1000s of attendees to little ones like Bury which is I guess maybe 800 people right down to Levenshulme Pride at a couple of hundred people who live within easy walking distance of the event.  Maybe she'd enjoy one of the slightly smaller affairs?  Or not - Prides ain't for everyone, but I'm hoping to keep this thread on the upbeat and positive :)