kairi

If you ran your own small country, what would be rule #1?

I just read this and thought we could pass our time with commenting here :P

So, if you ran your own small country, what would be rule number #1? It could be anything,  crazy, weird amazing personal rules 

• Upvote 1

Maybe we should change this to when we create our village, what would rule #1 be :evilgrin:

Edited by Nidalaeh
  • Upvote 3

Hmmm

Gonna be a bit controversial and say no religion.

• Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, Nidalaeh said:

Maybe we should change this to when we create our village, what would rule #1 be :evilgrin:

lol yes sure it can be the village :P

No bullying and ban alcohol and drugs. Pass a law where you had to earn a certain amount of money to have children, or a nominated amount has to come from your income to cultivate your children’s interests. Parents, siblings, relatives who mistreat their children/relative face life in prison. People who mistreat animals severely punished.....

• Upvote 3

No alcohol?! I'm living in a different country to you then haha

• Upvote 9

36 minutes ago, Apsalar15 said:

No alcohol?! I'm living in a different country to you then haha

I agree. I don't drink much, but do love a drink every once in awhile.

Edited by Nidalaeh
  • Upvote 4

1. Decriminalize the use of all drugs. Treat addiction as a medical issue and not a criminal justice issue. 
  2. Focus on gender equality and aim for Iceland's stats. Women make up 66% of graduates from University, hold 30 of the country’s 62 parliamentary seats (48%), and over 80% of women in Iceland make up part of the work force.
  3. Provide world class education for free. In Finland, not only are bachelor degree programs free of tuition fees, so are master and doctoral programs. Students pursue higher education goals without mountains of debt facing them after they graduate.
  4. Universal Health Care. Good health care isn't just for rich people. In the first world we pay taxes and access to decent health services should be an expectation.
  5. Labour and employment laws that are strongly biased in favour of employees. 

OK I know you said one and I did five lol. I could go on and on and on so I'll stop here. 

• Upvote 4

My rule #1 would be to strongly encourage the expression of LGBTQ identity in all areas of life so that our country becomes a magnet and sanctuary for LGBTQ people worldwide. 

• Upvote 6

My rule #1 is for everyone to have a compulsory (yes, it is compulsory!) endorphin shots! That endorphin shots come in a form of at least 5 hugs (more than 1 source) on every waking day of your life. It should be consented (except the pet, lol) and not perverted in nature. You can hug a stranger, a pet, a colleague, a bystander, of course your partner, your crush etc. :D 

Edited by blueberry
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, celeste teal said:

My rule #1 would be to strongly encourage the expression of LGBTQ identity in all areas of life so that our country becomes a magnet and sanctuary for LGBTQ people worldwide. 

Yes. Love it. :hyper:

• Upvote 1

To open the borders so everyone could live freely and can stay as long as they want in my country.. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Punk Maneuverability said:
  1. Decriminalize the use of all drugs. Treat addiction as a medical issue and not a criminal justice issue. 
  2. Focus on gender equality and aim for Iceland's stats. Women make up 66% of graduates from University, hold 30 of the country’s 62 parliamentary seats (48%), and over 80% of women in Iceland make up part of the work force.
  3. Provide world class education for free. In Finland, not only are bachelor degree programs free of tuition fees, so are master and doctoral programs. Students pursue higher education goals without mountains of debt facing them after they graduate.
  4. Universal Health Care. Good health care isn't just for rich people. In the first world we pay taxes and access to decent health services should be an expectation.
  5. Labour and employment laws that are strongly biased in favour of employees. 

OK I know you said one and I did five lol. I could go on and on and on so I'll stop here. 

Punk I was thinking of you and your village,  babe so you can go on and on. ;)  

I just realized I posted ideas on @Punk Maneuverability blog instead of here. It would be a place where people would help each other out. Raise our kids together. No one having to do things on their own and struggle with it. Have farms with livestock and gardens to provide food. People use their own skills to help out in the community. I guess not really rules, but ideas.

I watch a lot of shows about the old times in the west. I wish people could be there for each other now as how they was back then. 

• Upvote 1

It feels like rule#1 should be quite short (for all it's tempting to make it contain two or three or twentyfive clauses!)

So as supreme ruler of my new nation, I move Soft And Fruity Land Rule 1: We Don't Mind What You Do Just Keep The Noise Down.

Further rules might add "except..." because some things are quiet yet still an abomination ;)

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, blueberry said:

My rule #1 is for everyone to have a compulsory (yes, it is compulsory!) endorphin shots! That endorphin shots come in a form of at least 5 hugs (more than 1 source) on every waking day of your life. It should be consented (except the pet, lol) and not perverted in nature. You can hug a stranger, a pet, a colleague, a bystander, of course your partner, your crush etc. :D 

That sounds like the movie Trolls! :)

My #1 rule would be the Golden Rule with a twist: treat others how they want to be treated. It's about treating each other well and respecting our diversity.

• Upvote 4

To think about the footprint you’ll leave on the earth. x

• Upvote 2

On 5/8/2018 at 11:28 AM, Olive said:

That sounds like the movie Trolls! :)

Oh, you've given me an idea what to watch tonight. I haven't watched that yet. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2018 at 1:37 PM, NoOne said:

Be kind.

This is my #1.

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2018 at 4:31 PM, Olive said:

My #1 rule would be the Golden Rule with a twist: treat others how they want to be treated. It's about treating each other well and respecting our diversity.

I love this adaptation. Sometimes well meaning people do harm because they project their preferences onto others who are different. I would require that the citizens of my country/village enroll in continuing education courses on empathy and ethics. Ultimately, I think encouraging people to think critically for themselves about moral systems will produce better results than external rules, although those are necessary to protect against extremes.

• Upvote 3

My rule would be not to profit at the expense of happiness, well-being, deaths of any living being (no production of weapons, no wars). No exploitation of animals or people.

• Upvote 2