Nidalaeh

Have you ever saved an animal’s life? How about a person’s life?

19 posts in this topic

I saved a cat's life. When Rae was 3 days old, her mother abandoned her in the yard. I took her in and bottle fed her. Now she is a mommy to 5 adorable kittens, lol. Never saved a person's life.

Edited by Nidalaeh

Well... i save worms from puddles quite regularly...which my daughter loves..she calls me wonder woman...which i love:air_kiss:...she was fascinated last week when i caught the bumble bee in a glass and put it outside..

Also had a couple of  baby birds for a few days when injured..

Saved a parrott fish from hole in the head disease..

Ohhh and saved 4 people from dying...so far :cry:scares me to death everytime x x...

Technically I saved someone from suicide. Helped quite a lot at least.

One of my cats I got from an old neighbour, she was only 6 weeks old and her son had thrown the kitten across a room so I demanded she give it to me. She was also only fed biscuits, no meat. Shes now a five year old, beautiful fluffy jet black ball of love. I think she probably would've been either hurt, killed or abandoned if I hadn't intervened.

I've saved many insects in my time. Gotta help the little guys.

I found a kitten once and rescued it. Knowing more about cat behavior now, I'm not absolutely sure it was truly abandoned. But it was in a bad location (on a thin strip of land between a bike path and a busy road) to be a solo kitten. I couldn't keep her (allergies, no-pet rental), but passed her on to a kitten rescue after a few days of bottlefeeding.

Saving lives is part of my job. I have made catches that probably saved lives, though it isn't Grey's Anatomy-style drama at all, and I find it hard to point to specific situations where someone would absolutely have died if I hadn't been there. 

7 hours ago, moonbynight said:

I found a kitten once and rescued it. Knowing more about cat behavior now, I'm not absolutely sure it was truly abandoned. But it was in a bad location (on a thin strip of land between a bike path and a busy road) to be a solo kitten. I couldn't keep her (allergies, no-pet rental), but passed her on to a kitten rescue after a few days of bottlefeeding.

Saving lives is part of my job. I have made catches that probably saved lives, though it isn't Grey's Anatomy-style drama at all, and I find it hard to point to specific situations where someone would absolutely have died if I hadn't been there. 

I can understand about not being able to give specific situations. My mom is a nurse and sister going to school to be a nurse. I def know it's not Grey's Anatomy style of drama.Also when I posted this topic, I thought of you and being a Nurse :)

12 hours ago, Beaulieu1 said:

Well... i save worms from puddles quite regularly...which my daughter loves..she calls me wonder woman...which i love:air_kiss:...she was fascinated last week when i caught the bumble bee in a glass and put it outside..

Also had a couple of  baby birds for a few days when injured..

Saved a parrott fish from hole in the head disease..

Ohhh and saved 4 people from dying...so far :cry:scares me to death everytime x x...

Way to go Wonder Woman!!! I bet she isn't the only one that thinks that :)

My Dad and I saved a chipmunks life when I was little. Our cat and given it to us as a present. We doctored it up and I took it to school for show and tell and released it. 

Earlier this year a little bunny somehow got stuck in my pool skimmer, I pulled him/her out and wrapped it up in a towel and held it. Once it was dry and warm I released it. It was in the winter so I wasn’t checking the skimmer daily, no telling how long it was in there. 

1 hour ago, contessmed said:

Id like to think being kind each day and showing love to those who don’t always deserve it .. may contribute to saving someone ... 

I agree. you never know if you being nice is the one thing that will keep someone from doing something stupid.

11 hours ago, Nidalaeh said:

Way to go Wonder Woman!!! I bet she isn't the only one that thinks that :)

Lol...you refering to my missus...she says it..but i dont deserve it..  x x:wink:

6 hours ago, Beaulieu1 said:

Lol...you refering to my missus...she says it..but i dont deserve it..  x x:wink:

lol, yes I was!

11 hours ago, Beaulieu1 said:

Erm I might have to give my wonder woman a cheeky slap for that silly comment,  she deserves it and more, mind you I think i could still take you down!! :superman:xxx

#suchaknobber

4 hours ago, Mofgirl said:

Erm I might have to give my wonder woman a cheeky slap for that silly comment,  she deserves it and more, mind you I think i could still take you down!! :superman:xxx

#suchaknobber

Haha.....:hysterical:bring it on if you think ya hard enough girlfriend.....:haha:.its like that quote the other day....about having a fight babe....that would be me...:bottom:...

Start slapping and you wont hurt me your turn me on...:wink: x x. Haha..whoop whoop.....good try knobber.... x x

Love you gorgeous x x

Edited by Beaulieu1

9 hours ago, Nidalaeh said:

lol, yes I was!

@Nidalaeh you know us ...so well:hysterical:...lol x  x

6 minutes ago, Beaulieu1 said:

@Nidalaeh you know us ...so well:hysterical:...lol x  x

LoL, yes I do!! LIfe goal for me one day to have a relationship something like that :)

1 minute ago, Nidalaeh said:

LoL, yes I do!! LIfe goal for me one day to have a relationship something like that :)

Thankyou my darlin...she is all i need... I'm gonna marry her i tell ya...:wub:...  x x..

If we ever says yes!!! :blush:

Ayeeeeeee......I'll wait for you for ever... if i have too..

I gotta funny feeling i wont have too:wink:

I'm vegan so I don't contribute to the massive killing and torture of cows, chickens, pigs, sheep, fish... I do my best not to exploit any animal for my benefit.

I've tried recently to save a kitten. I saved it from some dogs that had it and I decided to keep it. Unfortunately it was very small and probably the dog when had it in its mouth must have done some damage. I was feeding it every two hours and it was sleeping on me. And I thought she could make it but she didn't