lostgirl78

Which threads or forums are from members only?

7 posts in this topic

Hey! I’m an oldie, been gone a while. I just can’t remember which posts are private and can’t be viewed by non members? There are things I want to post about but want to make sure no one outside of this place reads them. Also, I don’t remember the rules of posting pics and where they are private as well. I know profile pics are public. 

Thanks!

The way the site is now, none of the forums are private, but guests cannot post.  There isn’t a private forum (the NF is still not accessible) at the moment.  I believe you can set your blog privacy settings so that guests cannot see them.  That’s probably the mistake privacy you have access to on the site.

I hope that helps!

Good to see you back! 

Didn’t there used to be some areas that were private? Why did that change?

Mum's/Mom's Corner is still limited to members only. Or at least it was last time I looked while logged out, which was several months ago but after all the forum changes. Maybe one or two others? I'm not sure.

I don't think anyone here knows why the change. Maybe it was an oversight in the transition process. Maybe it was to increase the searchability and bring more traffic to the site. 

My personal pet peeve is that blogs can be either public or limited only to specific individuals, but not limited to members only. 

It is probably safest just to treat it like everything is public, since clearly it might change at a later time.

3 hours ago, moonbynight said:

My personal pet peeve is that blogs can be either public or limited only to specific individuals, but not limited to members only. 

It is probably safest just to treat it like everything is public, since clearly it might change at a later time.

That really stinks. I love this site. And it was always my go to to talk about struggles with friends that understand. But it was also my safe zone. Now without things being private to members only, I do t feel composting anything. 

That sucks about the blogs as well. Most everyone I knew on here isn’t on here any longer. So I’d like to post for anyone in here to see, without it being public. 

Guess im just out of luck. ☹️

maybe not - maybe u get creative... if u subtly post what kind of situation needs attention- maybe those qualified to discuss their opinion or experiences with you  can be done via a Private Message? if it is an important and relevant topic - come up with a clever way to get some answers if u can’t be super obvious.

Edited by TBD78

I believe that the change was due to helping to get more traffic, or it may have been an expense to upgrade to more privacy, I'm not sure.  @la-femme would better be able to speak to that.

Really, though, there is no true anonymity online.  At least hiding behind a profile here, as long as others don't know about it, gives you a decent amount of privacy.  But the risk is always there that somehow something becomes searchable or available in some way.