Iamme

Tough to meet bi women

I’m feeling pretty frustrated and need to vent please. I know exactly what I want and I’m not fearful or apprehensive. I’m a confident but not arrogant, attractive, funny bi female.  I don’t know any other bi females and I don’t know how to meet anyone. My previous relationship was in a different state.  We were friends growing up.

Dating sites are ridiculous, after many years I have only seen men pretending to be women or requests for threesomes. I’m not a club person and wouldn’t want to go by myself anyway. I had a bad experience with Meetup groups.  What’s a girl to do lol. Done whining now. 

• Like 2

hi I can relate to feeling frustrated im definitely new to all of this I realized I may like the same sex at 34 im 38 with two kids and multiple failed men relationships I'm shy in the sense that I don't know how to hit on a woma in the streets not really into the bar or club scene so I'm venturing out here for the first time
  • Like 1

Use apps 

heaps of women on Her!

an app for lesbian, bi, queer etc - no men allowed 

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2018 at 6:34 PM, brebreebx1 said:

hi I can relate to feeling frustrated im definitely new to all of this I realized I may like the same sex at 34 im 38 with two kids and multiple failed men relationships I'm shy in the sense that I don't know how to hit on a woma in the streets not really into the bar or club scene so I'm venturing out here for the first time

Welcome! There are many nice ladies on here that might be able to provide you some guidance. It is hard to talk to women especially if you do not know if they are into women. You sound like me about not really going to bars or clubs to meet someone unless you have previously formed a rapport with someone. Take your time and just chat with a few ladies and form some new friendships along the way. This can be a great start for you! 

I used POF to meet women and made some great friends from that. It's more difficult to meet women in clubs; while it's easy for me to flirt with men, it's harder to flirt with women if you aren't sure if they are interested in women or not. 

Never thought of doing that before. Interesting idea.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:33 PM, Iamme said:

Dating sites are ridiculous, after many years I have only seen men pretending to be women or requests for threesomes. 

This...sadly...so much this....

I recently decided to turn on the 'everyone' setting on the bumble dating app (I had been sticking to men - I'm in a conservative area and therefore mostly in the closet so I was consciously not looking for women but then I realized that since the women I'm meeting are in my area, they should understand why I'm hanging half-in/half-out of the closet so why not try...but I digress)

So far I've only found about 20 women in my area and so far the majority of their descriptions can be summarized as follows:

- Hi! I'm in a relationship and we're looking for a woman to join us

- I'm in a relationship so I'm just looking for a friend with benefits - no relationships

- Suspiciously lacking in any personality or details besides one pic and a snapchat handle

It's such a bummer :/

I was on another forum and read the same title. It kinda made me laugh (not at you), because when as a lesbian on a dating app, all I can think is, “There’s only bi women on here!” 

Maybe it’s just my area. 

@Iamme I’m in the same situation. Seems like I just don’t know where to look, because I end up attracting pervy men looking for a fantasy to fulfil. 

What is tough is to meet a woman who has a clear head, not living in a fantasy and genuine. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, blueberry said:

What is tough is to meet a woman who has a clear head, not living in a fantasy and genuine. 

Amen @blueberry

4 hours ago, blueberry said:

I second that emotion ....

• Like 1

As it happens, I have a clear head. Just saying!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, almocado said:

As it happens, I have a clear head. Just saying!

Too funny! 

Edited by contessmed
  • Like 1

I totally get how you feel. I live in South Carolina and i swear its like the town i live in is full of only straight people

1 hour ago, MidnightBabe said:

I think we all find people in places where we do what we love to do. That's where I met my special someone!

Same @MidnightBabe Same :)  Very grateful for that.

• Like 1