Posted (edited)

I need some help. I'm a mom of 3 now, moved in with my girlfriend and her son. But now my son has been acting out more. He has ADHD & odd, he's been saying things that involve the word kill. I'm afraid something bad will happen. So I want to try and do something before that would ever happen. Advice on home remedies, would really help, I'm afraid my girlfriend will tell me to leave. She's already said she can't do this twice. I love her so much. 

Edited by xxshy-bixx

I’m not so sure a home remedy is going to work in this case, or wouldn’t be my only form of action. He needs to talk to someone. I’m not saying that talking to him shouldn’t happen, but he definitely needs to talk to someone who knows how to deal with this kind of situation.   

• Upvote 1

I agree with @Ty2254 He needs professional help. As for your girlfriend, she’s possibly scared or nervous with what’s going on and that’s perfectly normal. If she asks you to leave, it doesn’t mean the end of whole thing, right? I dunno. But first things first, if I were in your shoes, I’d get professional help for my son. Be strong. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you ladies. I'm planning on getting professional help, I just moved so I'm getting settled first. I believe when she says I can't do this, I feel she means for good. But they just started at a new school. So I'm hoping things can and will get a little better before i can find a professional.  

For the A.D.H.D. you can use diet to help, from what I remember, sugar, red food dye, riboflavin amongst others is bad, my one friend is A.D.H.D. and his mom had him on a special diet, even the ice cream and peanut butter was homemade with low or no sugar.

I am no expert, and considering he uses the word kill you should really see a professional, I know my child hood friend use to have wild mood swings even with medications, but once he was on the special diet he did level out.

Edited by CuriousSheena
added info
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2019 at 5:17 PM, CuriousSheena said:

For the A.D.H.D. you can use diet to help, from what I remember, sugar, red food dye, riboflavin amongst others is bad, my one friend is A.D.H.D. and his mom had him on a special diet, even the ice cream and peanut butter was homemade with low or no sugar.

I am no expert, and considering he uses the word kill you should really see a professional, I know my child hood friend use to have wild mood swings even with medications, but once he was on the special diet he did level out.

Thank you. I will definitely try some kind of diet. He is just very picky. And he has some bad mood swings.