la-femme

Anyone want to join me in testing this ?

Join me ! :wub:

• Like 2

Hi @la-femme  Happy to help you test this.  So how will this work?  How will this be different from Forum topic discussions?  And would club "membership" be restricted in some way, perhaps by whomever started the club?

Edited by CallistoDidNotWin
  • Thanks 1

Whoo hooo! I'm in. What band is that in the banner? 

• Upvote 1

Depeche Mode

@CallistoDidNotWin  @celeste teal   Clubs can be :-

=========================================

Public
Everyone can see the club and its posts, and can participate without joining.

Open
Everyone can see the club and its posts, but only members can participate. Everyone can join.

Closed
Everyone can see the club and who's in it, but only members can see posts and participate. Users need to ask a leader to join.

Private
Only members can find the club and see its posts. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.

Read Only
Everyone can see the club and its posts, but only members can participate. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.

================================================

For the moment is set so only Admin ( me ) can set up a club etc. Because I wanted us all to see how they worked a little bit before openining it up to selected usergroups. But anyway, they can be as private and public as you like !

• Upvote 1

Happy to join :D 

• Thanks 1

@leigh11 Ooooh welcome to our little testing ground !

• Like 1

Glad to join thanks for the invite and hopefully I'll figure out how to get the chat working. :)

Edited by wolfbigrl88
needed to add more
  • Upvote 1

Try typing either your username here or even a completely random one  where the Guest box is and let me know if it lets you in. The chat installing now is just a free version to see if we get on with it ( or if I need to try another ).

• Upvote 1

Thanks la-femme can't wait until more catch on to the chat room and hopefully you'll be able to put the same parameters into place with 50 posts and open on Thursdays :)

Be happy to be part of the test group!

I'm a lost bunny.

@la-femme 

4 hours ago, la-femme said:

Try typing either your username here or even a completely random one  where the Guest box is and let me know if it lets you in. The chat installing now is just a free version to see if we get on with it ( or if I need to try another ).

I typed in my username and it let me in. No one was there...i guess that’s right?  I’d love to help out!  Let me know what else i can do!!!

12 minutes ago, California shy said:

@la-femme 

I typed in my username and it let me in. No one was there...i guess that’s right?  I’d love to help out!  Let me know what else i can do!!!

I was there!

So I can get in via the browser from my phone, but not the mobile app.

Edited by Shei

I was able to get in both on my mobile and on my pc. I hope we can give it a go and if it doesn't work then get something else going quickly because I think since everything is back stable we are attracting the attention of those who used to be regular members here and are now coming back hopefully. :)

11 hours ago, Shei said:

I was there!

So I can get in via the browser from my phone, but not the mobile app.

I saw you, @Shei!  I was able to get in from my iPad...

I am a lost bunny X2. Where is this chatroom? 

@la-femme I saw that in the new club you created, for Fitness, that the topics there were pre-existiing ones from the forum. Can we just move topics into a club? Do they still remain in the forum where they were created?

@celeste teal  I was kind of just testing a bit further but the ability to move pre-existing topics into a club is a moderation/admin feature - in actual fact I could turn entire forums into ie the UK/Irish pub etc - but thought I'd just start a more generic one.  If you were to start your own club I would be happy to move topics across for you if you show me where they are.  Links from/to the orginal topic location can be kept and are set to expire 6 months later, but I didn't do this with the Fitness club ( was just seeing if moving topics  would work instantly or if went into a background task queue ).

Any club you or anyone else starts is yours to do with as you wish ( within normal limits ) and can be as private or as open as you like.  Hope this helps ?