So i recently just came out to my straight best friend about my feelings for her and she was very accepting of it but of course the feelings weren't mutual. Now i feel like i have competition with almost all of our guy friends because they are like obsessed with her. I can tell she's obviously flattered by how they all feel about her but I cant help but to get upset now whenever they try to flirt with her and she blushes because of it. Like i have no clue what to do to get her attention or how to even compete with those guys, if thats what she's into. No one else knows how i feel besides her and i wanna keep it that way. But what do i do? She isn't into girls and i highly doubt i can get her to reconsider. 

Start dating other women.

If your friend is straight then she will always have a place in your heart but it's not worth you creating pain for yourself over it. You may not want other women now, but if you go on dates then you'll meet someone eventually who will steal your heart. Then you'll have a girlfriend and a great best friend.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah. That bit at the start of Romeo and Juliet where Benvolio offers the advice to stop fixating on your crush and "examine other beauties" is the only good advice here I'm afraid.

She's straight, she knows you think she's a dish, but she doesn't feel the same, and she's sadly never gonna feel quite the same about you flirting at her as she will about those guys.

Move on sweetheart. I’m sorry but I have to tell you to move on. Is this your first girl crush? She’s not into you so there’s no competition going on here. I suggest that you also spend less time around her for your very OWN sake.