I was sitting in my office listening to a group of ladies talking about sexuality.  The group consisted of a range of ages.  They were openly discussing bisexuality and how it had become the new norm.  How it was easier to be labeled as bi, and how accepting people were of it.  

They were each sharing stories of who they would bang and of people they thought who were bi.  The conversation was as amusing as it was concerning.  A LOT of assumptions flying about.  They were also discussing people they could not determine being straight,  bi or homosexual, and my name came up.  It didn't surprise me.  

Have you ever overheard conversations regarding sexuality where you've wanted to butt in and say a thing or two? 

Note: I didn't have the time nor the energy to  say a word!

52 minutes ago, these-broken-wings(TBW) said:

I was sitting in my office listening to a group of ladies talking about sexuality.  The group consisted of a range of ages.  They were openly discussing bisexuality and how it had become the new norm.  How it was easier to be labeled as bi, and how accepting people were of it.  

They were each sharing stories of who they would bang and of people they thought who were bi.  The conversation was as amusing as it was concerning.  A LOT of assumptions flying about.  They were also discussing people they could not determine being straight,  bi or homosexual, and my name came up.  It didn't surprise me.  

Have you ever overheard conversations regarding sexuality where you've wanted to butt in and say a thing or two? 

Note: I didn't have the time nor the energy to  say a word!

Oh, to have been a fly on that wall. Whenever I've been in discussions with regards to sexual preferences I've tried to own my bisexuality. My friends are all aware as is my husband but generally when people find out they are shocked. Apparently I come across as very heterosexual. Which I honestly don't even know what that means. 

In the work place I think it's difficult to have your say. I know it would possibly be a problem where I work as I'm a massage therapist and I think if my clients were to find out they would feel uncomfortable. For some reason people think of you bi you automatically want to fuck all women. Even my husband has that in his head. Which in my case is furtherest from the truth. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, these-broken-wings(TBW) said:

There was a lovely conversation in my office recently between two female co-workers, one of them being my boss, talking about how awful it is when women hit on them.

I wanted to butt in and tell them to STFU, but what can you do?

The co-worker who isn't my boss was also absolutely scandalized when the word "lesbians" appeared in the subject of an industry newsletter (about a recent court case). She deleted it really quickly to get the horrible word out of her email. 

Edited by moonbynight
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

@these-broken-wings(TBW)  Heard quite a few random discussions of the sort you mentioned. Some can even be hilarious. It's amazing how people can have stereotypical views.   

• Upvote 1

My dad told my kids that women are gay either because they were sexually abused or their hormones are haywire. My daughter was 10 at the time and told him how incorrect that information is. 

Needless to to say they don’t know I’m bi. 

• Upvote 1

I heard once my single female colleagues expressing their disappointments why our new male colleague happens to be gay because he’s too handsome to be gay according to one of them. Another woman said jokingly “I’ll seduce him, turn him into a real man.” I did butt in jokingly and told them to leave the guy alone and that for sure he wasn’t interested in any of their pussies even if any sit on his face. They laughed for a bit and stopped talking about it. It saddens me that some people think only heterosexuals can be good-Looking or intelligent. Or you’re such a waste ( your good attribute genes passing to the next generation - family) if you’re good looking  but gay. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

This kind of conversation is a great opportunity for me to casually mention that I'm bi.  I'm lucky that I have very open minded co-workers.  I go to the LGBT drinks and I'm sure people wonder because I'm married to a man.  I like the mystery!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ziantha said:

I go to the LGBT drinks and I'm sure people wonder because I'm married to a man.  I like the mystery!

Oh I like your thinking! 

I do the same.   I love the mystery!  Most people know that I'm bi and some refuse to embrace the rumors.  Those that refuse to embrace the open discussions about my sexuality, well, I let them stay in the closet.  Its safer for them there.  Their religious beliefs clash with their non romantic love for me. Haaaaa !  I love it.  Naughty and nice I am.

But yes, if the conversation got out of hand i would have stepped in.  I wouldn't have disclosed my orientation, but I would have told them the discussion was inappropriate for the environment (at the time they were the only ones using the space).

I'm off to introduce a Muslim friend to a lesbian web designer tonight.   My friend has no idea! Nor about me, but then, perhaps she too is ignoring the rumours? It makes no difference to me of course.  They either like me or they don't.  

Edited by these-broken-wings(TBW)
  • Like 1

I frequently hear conversations about all sorts of things that want to butt in on and say something, but I usually manage to restrain myself. Good manners, prudence, and all that. There's nothing to be gained by going round telling random strangers that they're a pack of nattering fools, even (And especially) when it's true. Besides, I tend to go by an old rule of the Hell's Angels. Those who know, don't tell. Those who tell, don't know.

My friends know about my sexual preferences. I suppose if I heard a random person wondering if I might maybe be bi, I might be inclined to do a George Carlin, who used to have a routine on snappy answers to stupid questions.  Question: "Are you queer?" Answer: "I don't know, bend over and let's find out." I suppose if she were attractive, and honestly seemed to be wondering, I might honestly wonder about asking her out for a drink.

18 hours ago, moonbynight said:

There was a lovely conversation in my office recently between two female co-workers, one of them being my boss, talking about how awful it is when women hit on them.

I wanted to butt in and tell them to STFU, but what can you do?

The co-worker who isn't my boss was also absolutely scandalized when the word "lesbians" appeared in the subject of an industry newsletter (about a recent court case). She deleted it really quickly to get the horrible word out of her email. 

That is rediculous. Do we live in the dark ages

12 hours ago, blueberry said:

I heard once my single female colleagues expressing their disappointments why our new male colleague happens to be gay because he’s too handsome to be gay according to one of them. Another woman said jokingly “I’ll seduce him, turn him into a real man.” I did butt in jokingly and told them to leave the guy alone and that for sure he wasn’t interested in any of their pussies even if any sit on his face. They laughed for a bit and stopped talking about it. It saddens me that some people think only heterosexuals can be good-Looking or intelligent. Or you’re such a waste ( your good attribute genes passing to the next generation - family) if you’re good looking  but gay. 

So basically if you gay or bi you need to be ugly so as to not mess with the gene pool of pretty people. So funny:) 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:51 PM, 63395 said:

My dad told my kids that women are gay either because they were sexually abused or their hormones are haywire. My daughter was 10 at the time and told him how incorrect that information is. 

Your daughter is awesome.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2019 at 3:37 AM, moonbynight said:

Gosh Anyone who reacts with a strong response like that kinda makes me wonder if they are hiding something.

Posted (edited)

This discussion has reminded me of an incident many many years ago ( more than a decade ago, actually ) in the workplace.  During breaktime, a group of us (all women) were gathered in the breakroom and a couple of basically obnoxious women (obnoxious in all respects, not just on this topic) started chatting about how disgusting the thought of lesbian sex is, how can they do that, it is so terrible, so awful so disgusting etc. etc. etc. And then another woman joined in, and then another, and then another.  Each seeming to be trying to outdo each other in voicing their agreement that lesbian sex is soooo disgusting.  At this time in my life, I was mostly completely closeted about being bisexual (only my husband and one good friend was aware).   And sitting in the midst of these women, I folded my arms and began to scowl slightly....and as the conversation continued....my scowl deepened....my eyes narrowed.....and part of me was hoping someone would notice A) I was not joining in on this enthusiastic group-affirmation of heterosexuality and  properly worshiping the phallus and B) notice how deep my scowl was getting.  But nobody noticed (I was always a very shy, quiet, retiring person, so people rarely paid much attention to me anyway).  But as break time ended and the group dispanded, continuing to laugh about lesbians and continuing to be mutually self-congratulatory over how all of them loved hetero sex so much ....  I remember feeling rather very bad at how gutless I was and how much I wished I had spoken up and said what I wanted to say, namely something along the lines I guess of STFU.  Not to mention the fact I would have liked to remark that some of these women seemed so desperate to so quickly and firmly jump on this bangwagon, that I I suspected they were trying to hide the fact they had in fact done this so-called disgusting thing themselves.  (And as a matter of fact, some time later, I learned that one of them in fact had).

Well, that was then and this is now.  Now, in a similar circumstance, I think I would speak up.  And would relish and enjoy the wide-eyed shocked deer-caught-in-the-headlights looks I would get as the normally quiet little ole me told 'em where to stick their disrespectful BS.   :D  

Edited by CallistoDidNotWin

7 hours ago, these-broken-wings(TBW) said:

Gosh Anyone who reacts with a strong response like that kinda makes me wonder if they are hiding something.

I've definitely had the thought cross my mind that the lady doth protest too much.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, 63395 said:

Needless to to say they don’t know I’m bi. 

That is where I would step in and ask "dad did you abuse me?"