Rani

Travelling to Toronto

Posted (edited)

Its my first trip to Toronto and first trip to Canada. I am planning a trip to the east coast of the US and going to a wedding in Toronto. I will have 3-4 days to spend. 

What places would you recommend I see?

@RadioMouse and other people.

Edited by Rani

Oh, I'm all the way out in Western Canada and haven't been to Toronto in years. 

That said, a gay guy friend of mine moved there namely for the much better LGBTQ+ scene than my hometown. 

I think the coolest place I found there was Young Street (Torontonians, help me out!) - full of neat, artsy and creative stuff. 

Toronto is also close to Niagara Falls, which is a nice sight. I haven't been though. 

• Like 1

Toronto is a beautiful city.  There is so much to see and do.  First what time of the year are you planning?  Right now it’s still cold so pack appropriately ;)

There is the CN tower it gives you a great view of the city.  Ripley’s aquarium. The distillery district. We have museums, art gallery’s, then there is Centre island, if u like shopping check out The Eaton Centre, if u like the theatre, there are great shows to choose from, sporting events, great food, so many varieties of restaurants! Omg I could go on and on but I am not sure what u are looking for so I suggest u go on Toronto tourism.  See for urself.  You will have a great time no matter what u decide to see.   We are all friendly here eh! :)

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 12:29 PM, RadioMouse said:

That said, a gay guy friend of mine moved there namely for the much better LGBTQ+ scene than my hometown. 

I think the coolest place I found there was Young Street (Torontonians, help me out!) - full of neat, artsy and creative stuff. 

Toronto is also close to Niagara Falls, which is a nice sight. I haven't been though. 

Ooo, I've always wanted to ski Whistler.  Maybe one day. 

• Like 1

I always love going to Casa Loma and wandering the gardens, but it's not the right time of the year for it.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 6:25 AM, Rani said:

Its my first trip to Toronto and first trip to Canada. I am planning a trip to the east coast of the US and going to a wedding in Toronto. I will have 3-4 days to spend. 

What places would you recommend I see?

@RadioMouse and other people.

When are you coming? There are so many festivals happening in and around Toronto in the summer(if that is when you will be here). Also, like others have said CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium and if you like amusement parks Canada's Wonderland is just north of the city.  If you give dates I can look around for some other things going on.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 6:00 AM, ShyBi1972 said:

When are you coming? There are so many festivals happening in and around Toronto in the summer(if that is when you will be here). Also, like others have said CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium and if you like amusement parks Canada's Wonderland is just north of the city.  If you give dates I can look around for some other things going on.

My trip to North America is Late June to July. Im still deciding places. I was thinking of Vancouver or Toronto. It would be awesome to attend some festivals, aquariums and theme parks. 

June 26 to July 12 but had planned to visit a few other cities and meet some friends here

On 3/27/2019 at 9:13 AM, LizzySizzles said:

I always love going to Casa Loma and wandering the gardens, but it's not the right time of the year for it.

When is the best time to go to Casa Loma

On 3/27/2019 at 8:11 AM, Active Life said:

Ooo, I've always wanted to ski Whistler.  Maybe one day. 

Ive heard Whistler is lot of fun and apparently a lot of Australians go there. 

57 minutes ago, Rani said:

When is the best time to go to Casa Loma

When the weather is nice so the gardens can bloom. I'd think by June it should be good to go!

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2019 at 6:29 AM, RadioMouse said:

Ive heard Western Canada is a wonderful place as well. I am sure i can find some lgbtq+ groups there as well but like you said Toronto has a more developed scene. Ive heard Niagara falls is great as well.

1 hour ago, LizzySizzles said:

When the weather is nice so the gardens can bloom. I'd think by June it should be good to go!

Thats good to know