Peaceful.Insanity

Art Photography

403 posts in this topic

I was thinking of sharing a few photographs (not of anyone, but just artistic photography) as soon as I get to a computer that has some of them on it.

Do any other ladies here like photography? I just got a Sony Syber-Shot 8.1 mpx, and I love it. :hysterical:

I love photography!! It's just hard to get out around here to take them because it rains too damn much!! I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT SLR... I LOVE IT!!!

I would love to see your pictures!

I love taking pictures! But that camera talk is all greek to me. lol I tend to make do with what amounts to pretty basic equipment.

There's an Art and Poetry forum, Peaceful, where some others might have posted some photographs. I've only scratched the surface there myself, so I'm not sure. I look forward to seeing yours there.

Hehe awesomeness, I was just about to make a thread like this!

I dont have a "real" camera cause im hella broke, but I have a webcam and I edit my pics with Picassa...I like to take ordinary pics and make something totally odd out of them. I thought I'd share a few :)

My lotion looks so sad =(

lotioni.jpg

(This one looks very creepy, but its just my boyfriend shaking a snickers bar infront of the cam, but it freaks me out...)

snickerhand.jpg

I was messing with the focus on the cam and I thought...hmm...I could do my eye! So then I did focal b&w and it really made my eye color pop!

eyes1.jpg

The other night I decided to shoot things upside down, and this is the light off of my lamp

halo.jpg

This is a pic that my friend took of the edge of a lake...I like making things dark :blush:

lake.jpg

Another attempt at making my cam focus...

mynail.jpg

This photo is my fave, its of my friend at Halloween and it was such a blah pic...i love it >_<

cgloves.jpg

And lastly, a weird pic of my toofys. The end =)

mouf.jpg

I love to take random photos ... or sometimes not so random, lol.

Most of my better photos are on my DA account, haven't taken any in ages though *slaps wrist* nor uploaded any new photos on to it.

Here are a few of my faves from there:

Faerielightshead.jpg

Rich.jpg

roseframed.jpg

And you can see more here: http://borneofstars.deviantart.com/gallery/

These are really beautiful pictures! I'm inspired to dig out some of my random pics too, and start taking some more!

Very nice pics, ladies!

(Don't you just love, dA, by the way, Luce? It's so great.)

A few of my own:

climbingstrongbg2.th.jpg

fountainue9.th.jpg

Abby, I love isolating color as well! A couple of examples:

firehydrantips9.th.jpg

mailboxilu6.th.jpg

Abby, those are some great pics. I tried looking at them first before I read the captions and you're right. The one with you're bf was freaky, lol. I love the pic of your eye too. You also have beautiful teeth. Mine, sadly, I don't like at all.

I love photography also but don't have a camera anymore and have to pay, pay, pay other bills, lol. so for now I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys.

Peaceful I like yours too. The mailbox pic reminds me of a movie I saw a while back...now if I could just remember the name...

hmmmmm......

Oh, I think it was The Lake House with Sandra Bullock (she's soooo hot, lol) and Keanu Reeves (he's hot too, lol).

Love the pics, keep em coming.

Tranquility of My Troubles

Just something I wrote the other day... :blush:

Here is where the troubles of my days lie

To come up with new ways to torment

Me; their sighs of relaxation and bemusement

Like nails on a chalkboard to my sensitive ears.

For such things are only heard when I am at

A low, usually having been placed there by

their cold, hard hands.

You ask how my problems can rest in such a

Tranquil and serene place, do you really think

That such cruel creatures would let their own

harsh actions cause themselves harm?

Look closer, my friend. The rushing waterfall

With such a steep drop is a river of my

Dreams falling over the cliff of reality; they take

pride in watching the fall.

Their blank faces are what fill my dreams

The uncertainty in my life being the one

distinguished feature I can see.

all those pics are fantstic. I'd put them on the wall. I love taking pics too, though only have a VERY basic camera but it's amazing how well the pics come out. :wink!: a few of the pics i've taken are now framed and hung on my wall. i love photographing clouds. for one pic (on the wall) i sat at my bedroom window for ages with camera in hand, just to get the right combination of deep yellowy-grey and pure white clouds and the clear sky. because they were moving so fast the pic is slighty blurred but that adds so much to the effect. a few i've taken of the Isle of Skye are on the wall too lol. any pic of that place is definitely amazing! :love0054:

Oh, I'd like to see that!

Any chance you have a copy of it on the computer, Satin?

Very nice pics, ladies!

(Don't you just love, dA, by the way, Luce? It's so great.)

A few of my own:

climbingstrongbg2.th.jpg

fountainue9.th.jpg

Abby, I love isolating color as well! A couple of examples:

firehydrantips9.th.jpg

mailboxilu6.th.jpg

I love your first photo Peaceful, the colours and textures, it's just so interesting.

Yeah, I do love DA though I've been pretty bad for months now, I've got plenty of art I just haven't edited and uploaded it yet. I love to just randomly browse through other peoples' work. Any chance of a link to your gallery?

Oh and Abby, I love the photo of your eye; the focus and colours are gorgeous.

Edited by Luce

I love all the pictures in here. I love the different effects as well. I wish I had a program to do all that :hysterical: Cuz I too love taking pictures and think I can do so much more if I had a good program lol.

I love all the pictures in here. I love the different effects as well. I wish I had a program to do all that :hysterical: Cuz I too love taking pictures and think I can do so much more if I had a good program lol.

Google is your friend, its called Picasa2 and its powered by Google. I LUFF IT!

This is quite good. I can relate, because, I've had times like this.

Those are all such amazing photos. I like taking odd and unusual ones my self. Only have a plain digital but come out pretty cool.

Wow! Great shots! I love photos that have a bit of abstract realism to it.

I love photography!! It's just hard to get out around here to take them because it rains too damn much!! I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT SLR... I LOVE IT!!!

I would love to see your pictures!

I almost got that camera too! I decided instead for a Nikon D80... 10.2 mpx! Whoo!

I'll post some pictures soooon-ish

Great pix ladies!!

I thought I'd join in the fun with a few of my own random photos.

These are all raw shots I took of an abandoned old car in my neighbours field.

005_17A.jpg

This is a broken and weathered windscreen

009_13A.jpg

A pile of metal near that old car. I like the way the shadows come into play in this shot.

004_24A.jpg

I think the background of this shot really makes the photo something interesting.

This is a very interesting thread. Thank you.

Grenna

004_24A.jpg

Grenna-wow this pic is awesome! It looks like something out of an old movie....very cool!

Abby-that pic of your eye is awesome! love it and I like the one of your friend at halloween...it was cool too

I take alot of pics but it's mostly of my children. I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2. I really like it but there is a bit of a delay. I really wanted the Digital Rebel but had to compromise on this one. I scrapbook, so I take tons of pics with my camera but not anything like the ones you ladies are taking. Maybe I will have to branch out and try!

yes, i love photography, and have been doing it as a hobby ever since high school (only took a year and a half of photography classes)

Grenna, I love those! They're great. :party0023:

Some I took last night...they are my faves so far

PICT0005.jpg

light.jpg