tinkerbell2007

Whats The Worst Thing About Being Single?

658 posts in this topic

i would have to say for me the worst thing about being single is not getting "any" as often as i would like too lol

I think everyone feels lonliness when not with someone. It's a natural feeling to enjoy anothers company.. you can be alone and have a best friend that you spend lots of time with and be happy... but as far as sex, SELF PLEASURE doesn't quite compare to the real deal!!! Being single was difficult but I couldn't feel it as much cause when I was single I had my daughter to keep me occupied. Being single gave me a sense of independence (that was a good thing) but I remember feeling very lonely when my daughter spend the night at her friends house and I was there alone with nobody wishing I was. There's alot of downsides to being single...

Tea.

Yeah sex is one part of it but I just miss having somebody here to talk with and just be silly with at times in the way that you can only be silly with a partner. I miss being able to just pop down the pub for a drink when I fancy it, just the simple things really.

The one thing I miss is also the one thing that I hate the most. Sometimes I just miss someone else being here. Other times, I can't stand anyone in my space, so I guess it evens out.

the worst bit about being single is the lonelyness and not having someone to share everything with

and being a single mum also noone to help out when i am ill or my daughter is ill its just plod on as normal

I enjoy being single, think its the fact of doing what I want when I want!!!!! and I have some good close friends that I can spend my social time with however I think the worst part of being single is I miss the simple things such as a hug or the closeness of someone sometimes, cause lets face it a hug of your best mate or your mum just ain't the same. But saying that i've been single for a while now so think i'm just used to it so don't miss it very often.

I do hate the lonliness that comes with being single.. it's just the fact that i like someone being here with me.. just to talk with.. laugh with.. cry with.. all of that good stuff.. of course it also doesn't help when i'm the only one single out of my group of friends.. can't really go out with them without feeling like the third wheel.. but since i'm young.. i figure my friends will be breaking up with others and it will be cool..heh.. who knows..

For me being single is a mixed blessing. I am glad to be figuring out who I am. I am glad my ex is out of my life. I am not happy about being alone all the time. (no I am not a needy woman) I just miss sharing my life with that special someone. I don't know what I am looking for, if I am Bi or if I am Les. I guess I will figure it out in time. The site is really helping me feel I am not a lone woman out in the world here without anyone to help.

I would like to meet that special someone but I am not going to rush into it this time around :confused: If you are her and reading this, know it is going to take time to get me to open up. This does not mean I don't want you to try :blink:

Thanks for letting me share.

lonliness and no one to talk to.

At the moment I quiet like being single, as I'm happy enough with my own company (I think I'm the only one who is lol!), and doing things in my own time and in my own way without having to compromise.

However, what I miss has pretty much been said already. I sometimes miss someone to be silly with, to hug me like only someone you're in love with can hug you, and I really miss that feeling I get in my belly when the one you love looks at you or touches you in a certain way (not that way ladies, before you ask!) it could just them holding or squeezing your hand.

:(

It's hard to explain but it's like a rollar coaster ride going on in your belly...........no just me then lol! :( :sorry:

"One less bell to answer

One less egg to fry

One less man to pick up after

I should be happy...."

well i'm getting over my deep depression. and boy was it deep! well im better now and im getting back on my own two feet!

one day i'mma loose some more weight and get back fit. and watch all the chicks knock at the door....i hope lol :D

... the feeling of loneliness, but then again knowing you can get through this loneliness makes you a stronger person, I guess.

i hate the feeling of being alone.. but then you have your friends and family

I think the lack of companionship and lack of sexual pleasures are among the worst things about being single.

But I'd rather be single than with the wrong person.

tell you what, at this time an place in my life i would not mind being single again.

I have been single for more than 5 years.The first 3 years was great being able to please yourself when you felt like it. But now the following 2 years loniless is rearing its head.

I miss not having someone to share moments with,places to share together.conversing with another and having someone to care for are all what I miss most.Some lovemaking would be nice too .sex can be got easily but Love thats what is missing being single.

I think the worst thing about being single is TRYING to NOT be single. I am guilty of this...as are most people. I don't get it? I mean, most people can get out of a horrible relationship, and want right back in another? What is that? :rolleyes:

The best part of being single is that if you have a b/f, you can tell him to FO without having to pay a court battle in order to do it! LOL

AJ

I've been seperated for my hubby quite some weeks now, due to him throwing me out on my ear when I mentioned I liked women, and I'm already noticing the silence (god, I'm sick of the TV or radio), the boredom, and the freezing, cold bed which usually was warm as toast. I think I'm turning into an insomniac to avoid the bedroom LOL As for lovemaking OMG ..I'm climbng the walls now...went from every day or 2 ...to cold turkey :rolleyes:

But...it's for the best, I need to be me, to make friends, enjoy life for a while... and I'm not gonna go blindly into another relationship just because of these things!

The worst part about being single for me is having to date. lol Rather.... Wanting to date. Trying to find someone to spend time with who won't pout when you've had enough and just want to be alone isn't as easy as one might think. I'd just as soon cut through all the bullshit people feel the need to offer and just sit quietly, holding hands and watching a movie. That's not exactly a priority for most of those I've come across.

for me the worst part about being single is when i go out with friends who are part of a couple...such as to the cinema...they're happy sitting there with arms around each other while i'm on my own in a different row.

but i'm not confidant enough to start dating again...

The worst part of being single for me is not having someone to do simple things such as cuddle on the couch, hug, hold hands with. I'm pretty content on my own, doing my own little thing, but once in a while I do miss having someone to do those little things with. I enjoy sex very much but I can't say that I miss it the way I miss the other ways one can be close/intimate to/with someone.

top three worst things about being single:

1. being afraid or unable to just physically express affection (like reaching out and holding their hand or putting an arm around them casually. you know, the little stuff)

2. having to watch the OTHER ppl you know doing those lovely things.

3. fantasizing ALL THE FREAKING TIME about DOING those lovely things and not being able too. random hugs don't go over too well in most of the country.

followed closely by

4. the sex. in theory.

not having someone there to talk to or to hold u when u are crying