tinkerbell2007

Whats The Worst Thing About Being Single?

658 posts in this topic

not having someone there to talk to or to hold u when u are crying

I have to agree whole-heartedly with this one. I know when I'm on a crying jag, there's no one there to bring me back to reality. And my crying sprees are prolonged because I keep thinking of whatever situation I'm upset about and continue to cry/

I'm thinking the worst thing is not having the confidant or the sex.

The worst thing about being single is when friends who are in couples tell try to reassure you that you'll find someone soon. Perhaps i just want some "me" time at the moment?? :sad0129:

that and having no one to drag places with you, no one to cuddle and no one to hold u when u cry.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhh the worse thing about being single is when people try to hook you up! Actually i went out with my friends for my birthday and they all dragged their boyfriends (well that's their choice) and the BOYFRIENDS were the ones constantly picking up guys for me and trying to get me to make out (PASH) with them. Like COME ON! I can find my own guys, and i know what i want. My friends were like "oh that guys hot" with me, and i reminded them that they couldn't touch and only i could. But that was being funny with each other. The guys were LITERALLY making friends with a guy and saying "kiss him" and telling himt o talk to me. They're Worse Then Girls!

Edited by dv_punk_princess

for me the worst part of being single is the loneliness. i can handle not having sex.

for me the worst part of being single is the loneliness. i can handle not having sex.

I can relate to that

The worst thing about being single is being alone and not having someone to hold me and comfort me..

The worst thing about being single is being alone and not having someone to hold me and comfort me..

oh yeah having someone to hold me would be nice.

THE WORST THING ABOUT BEING SINGLE, IS NOT BEING ABLE TO SHARE YOUR EMOTIONS, THOUGHTS, LAUGHTER, CRIES, AND MOST OF ALL TO TOUCH AND HOLD SOMEONE TO KNOW THAT THEY LOVE YOU BACK NO MATTER WHAT.

I'M WITH SOMEONE AND STILL FEEL LONELY. :hysterical:

I've only become single again in the last few months, like most the lonlyness does get to me from time to time, the most annoying thing is that i now have to get in more and more people to help me with childcare - as when i waqs with my partner we used to sort most of it out betwen us - also the sill things like i have to do eveything in the house now

I think for me the worst thing is that at some point i am going to want to start dating again - and i really have no idea where to start if i'm honest it scares me!

but hey it has it's up's also - i mean i get the bed to myself now lol and i don't have to nag my partner to pick up his underwear or crisp packets off the floor!!

take care angels xx

For the most part I like being single. But then again I could just be very happy I got rid of my ex. The constant lonliness does suck at times. I do miss sharing moments with someone. Ehh maybe one day I'll find Ms. right!

Like someone said ( of course I can't remember who)..I don't mind being alone..it's the loneliness that I can't bear..

Most of the time I don't really think about it..when then there are moments when you're watching a really hearth-warming and romantic movie and wanting that kind of love... The movie "The Notebook" gets me in the melancholy mood everytime....

damn...now i'm just sad

Ok today i've decided that the worst thing about being single is..........deciding to lay flooring in your loft for some extra storage space but having no-one to past the bloody flooring boards up the ladder to you. Oh god i'm knackered up and down that ladder all day I feel like i've done 10hours in the gym :hug:

I think the worst thing when I was single was the night time. Getting into my big king bed in my empty apartment, it just seemed like I could hear every little noise, I felt so vulnerable. Its a very empty feeling.

The woest thing about being single is your friends making it their life mission to set you up with every loser/jerk that walks by them, because they can't understand that your happy being on your own/want to become a nun/hate the opposite sex! Aarrrrhhh, it drives me flippin crazy :hug: x

Hmm... there are so many things... changing bed-linen on my own :hug: , no sex :hug: nobody to warm my feet on in the night.

But much worse than all of those things, I miss getting a cuddle. I'm such a sap~LOL

The worst part about being single is that I'd not have that special someone to sit out on the porch n grow old with....

AJ

I'm not *technically* single (polyamorous), but my boyfriend lives ten hours away. I would say the best thing about being "single" is not having to consult anyone before making plans. The worst thing about my situation is that the only person I have to cuddle with at night is my gay (male) neighbor.

No enough sex and affection!

It's not having those little looks and familiar touches. Someone to kiss you while you're cooking dinner or dance with in the middle of the living room. Someone that hands you what you want without you having to ask for it. Someone that can talk to you from across a room with just their eyes. Going to sleep and waking and then going to sleep again with that same person there. Sex with an intimate knowledge and openess about eachothers bodies and pleasure zones, and knowing that you can take your time because it won't be the last time. Being single sucks for not having those things. And then I feel as though I have to constantly explain to myself and to others, why I'm NOT DEFFECTIVE because I don't have that. I do have time to go out and get to know people and go to school. Don't have to check with someone for their plans before I just leave for the library. Not sure that I want all of the former again. It's awesome, but so intence that when it goes it rips you. Being single gives me the chance to learn how to fulfill my own needs before I look to someone else.

It's not having those little looks and familiar touches. Someone to kiss you while you're cooking dinner or dance with in the middle of the living room. Someone that hands you what you want without you having to ask for it. Someone that can talk to you from across a room with just their eyes. Going to sleep and waking and then going to sleep again with that same person there. Sex with an intimate knowledge and openess about eachothers bodies and pleasure zones, and knowing that you can take your time because it won't be the last time. Being single sucks for not having those things. And then I feel as though I have to constantly explain to myself and to others, why I'm NOT DEFFECTIVE because I don't have that. I do have time to go out and get to know people and go to school. Don't have to check with someone for their plans before I just leave for the library. Not sure that I want all of the former again. It's awesome, but so intence that when it goes it rips you. Being single gives me the chance to learn how to fulfill my own needs before I look to someone else.

Damn you for bringing such fond memories back to me!!! Your response is so on point!! I can remember all these things that my ex and I did together and I miss it sooo much!! Yes, it's that familiar touch, kiss, scent of his cologne, the "I love you's", and the occassional afternoon delight :yahoo: .

I have been single for 11 years now.. and I am quite comfortable with it. But the "worst" thing I find being single is missing intimacy on a physical level after I gave up casual sex.

cold nights in bed (even summer), giving and receiving affection.. kisses and cuddles, conversation.

LOL, on a silly note...feel like a right dork laughing my head off at hilarious comedy on TV and no one to crack up and compare notes with during it! My cat is boring, she thinks nothing's funny and just sleeps-.-