tinkerbell2007

Whats The Worst Thing About Being Single?

658 posts in this topic

Lol I totally agree with the hassle of having to cook every meal, every day. It would be nice to share this chore!

I think the worst thing about being single is when you get those moments where you want to cuddle someone, but you have no one to cuddle.

I have stretches - weeks really - where I am totally ok. It feels like I have so much in life going on and to sort out and get together that I don't have time for a relationship, that one might feel like it choked me if it was too demanding. But then sometimes the lack of sex is too much.... I do have a few people I'm not seeing seriously that I can get together with, but then I miss some things described above, really having the connection with someone who cares about me.

I guess that means I am getting over the last relationship. I was honest with him how much it meant to me, and vulnerable instead of trying to control the outcome. I told him what was missing, and he told me I should find a relationship where I was accepted (not my bisexuality), and that hurt. I cried. I wanted him to love me for who I am. But I also wanted a relationship that celebrated some important values. It was hard to hear that he didn't love me and accept everything about me, but it was harder not facing that and not talking to him about it and how it made me feel. He was a really super guy, but now I want to be loved.

The worst part of bring single is not gave someone to just relax and cuddle and watch t.v. with on a Friday night and awkward first dates.

Lying in bed now and no one to squeeze me :sorry:

Most of the time I enjoy being single, but I guess some of the worst parts are always having to cook (so so lovely to come home from a long day to a hot meal!), sharing chores, having someone to talk to and I really miss those texts or messages saying hi or miss you etc. 

I have some really amazing friends to help with some of those things, and there are lots of pros (for me) to being single but it would be nice to have someone to share life with :)

On 24/06/2017 at 0:16 PM, elliej said:

I have stretches - weeks really - where I am totally ok. It feels like I have so much in life going on and to sort out and get together that I don't have time for a relationship, that one might feel like it choked me if it was too demanding. But then sometimes the lack of sex is too much.... I do have a few people I'm not seeing seriously that I can get together with, but then I miss some things described above, really having the connection with someone who cares about me.

I guess that means I am getting over the last relationship. I was honest with him how much it meant to me, and vulnerable instead of trying to control the outcome. I told him what was missing, and he told me I should find a relationship where I was accepted (not my bisexuality), and that hurt. I cried. I wanted him to love me for who I am. But I also wanted a relationship that celebrated some important values. It was hard to hear that he didn't love me and accept everything about me, but it was harder not facing that and not talking to him about it and how it made me feel. He was a really super guy, but now I want to be loved.

One day someone will come to your life, who will accept you as who you are and love you unconditionally. Just keep your heart open. *sighs*

Not having a companion that truly wants your company. Someone that cannot resist kissing your lips. Someone that wants to reach out for you in the dark. :sorry:

Edited by cre8yourf8

Not having the feeling of being connected, and having to face the world head on alone.

Many people here seem to equate loneliness with being single. That might be the case for some but others feel lonely even when they're in a relationship or have family and friends surrounding them. Maybe its because I'm slightly introverted that I don't necessarily feel lonely being single?! but the main thing I miss is sex and having someone to talk to about anything and everything and they accept your weirdness and quirks.

Edited by lovelace

Bit like a lot of people here I equate lonliness with being single. I live on my own and while I work full time and attend fitness classes during the week which occupies me, it's the weekends which are the worst. My ex and I broke up about 4 months ago and my weekends were exclusively about quality her and me time which I cherished more than anything. We'd see each other at least once or twice during the week as we lived far from each other,a train journey at least. Now we're not together I find weekends painfully lonely and that's when I miss her the most. Like everyone else I miss the kisses, cuddles, sex and everything that a proper loving relationship has. Being single sucks right now and being a lesbian in Nothern Ireland where the lesbian scene isn't exactly thriving, I feel like he lonlinest lesbian in the world! Tried online dating before and it sucks as well:(

I'm married and am so incredibly lonely and alone. For me, it's not about being single but about not having a tribe. Metaphorically, I'm an orphan with no real significant support people in my life. I'm not sure that it's really about being coupled as it is about being loved. I love myself and am okay being alone. In fact, I long for stolen moments like right now when I can do whatever I decide. A bit of freedom. Sometimes a warm sleeping body is comforting to have beside me but at what cost. It's really hard to find that right person who can be a joyous companion that we can trust and adore. I think there is a deeper question here...... 

Having no one to share things that matter to you with, no one who appreciates you, no one to support you, be there for you when you need someone and the fact that you don't make a difference in anybody's life.

I miss both the physical and emotional intimacy, just being able to be crazy and totally yourself with someone and lie in bed naked and talk.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:28 AM, unknown said:

I'm married and am so incredibly lonely and alone. For me, it's not about being single but about not having a tribe. Metaphorically, I'm an orphan with no real significant support people in my life. I'm not sure that it's really about being coupled as it is about being loved. I love myself and am okay being alone. In fact, I long for stolen moments like right now when I can do whatever I decide. A bit of freedom. Sometimes a warm sleeping body is comforting to have beside me but at what cost. It's really hard to find that right person who can be a joyous companion that we can trust and adore. I think there is a deeper question here...... 

A sad post here Unknown. Why are you lonely?  Doesn't your husband give you the emotional support you need?

There's just something about a woman's touch. Being held in a woman's arms is soooooo amazing!!! 

I missed the general intimacy.  Physical, emotional, sexual, all of it.

I miss the intimacy the most. 

Or even just having someone to binge watch Netflix with and cuddle with. 

I miss the closeness. 

2 hours ago, nudous said:

I miss the intimacy the most. 

Or even just having someone to binge watch Netflix with and cuddle with. 

I miss the closeness. 

Same here.

On 10/02/2018 at 3:35 PM, Bear-uk said:

Having no one to come home to after work, im recently widowed so single for the 1st time in 30 years....:air_kiss:

I’m widowed six years now and whilst I think I am more or less used to living alone, for me, I miss our holidays together and having someone to discuss and sort the practicalities of running a home. I feel very stressed and tired a lot of the time simply because I am weighed down with responsibilities. I miss him the person and am reluctant to replace him, don’t think  I could anyway. Now I am free to choose but even that is stressful. Guess I will get there one day though, in time...

When I was single before netty and I got together, the worst part was seeing couples together and happy. I adapted well to being single but I have to say that I much rather prefer to be with netty. It's hard though living over 4000 miles apart. I look forward to the day that we can drive each other nuts and then figure out how to fix it lol but mostly to just be able to live together as a couple. 

I miss deep conversations and someone to hold on to at night. It's more than just about sex for me but it's about connecting with someone you love.

On 2/5/2018 at 4:34 AM, Vampire said:

A sad post here Unknown. Why are you lonely?  Doesn't your husband give you the emotional support you need?

Nope. We are in the midst of falling apart. 

2 hours ago, unknown said:

Nope. We are in the midst of falling apart. 

I know that feeling. Hugs x