tinkerbell2007

Whats The Worst Thing About Being Single?

658 posts in this topic

On 01/02/2018 at 9:28 AM, unknown said:

I'm married and am so incredibly lonely and alone. For me, it's not about being single but about not having a tribe. Metaphorically, I'm an orphan with no real significant support people in my life. I'm not sure that it's really about being coupled as it is about being loved. I love myself and am okay being alone. In fact, I long for stolen moments like right now when I can do whatever I decide. A bit of freedom. Sometimes a warm sleeping body is comforting to have beside me but at what cost. It's really hard to find that right person who can be a joyous companion that we can trust and adore. I think there is a deeper question here...... 

I understand this. I'm an only child and feel so lonely at times. I love the freedom that comes from being single again but I miss those cuddles that have NO obligation attached. I miss the intimacy and just to know someone is alway there. 

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, Bear-uk said:

Having no one to come home to after work, im recently widowed so single for the 1st time in 30 years....:air_kiss:

Hello Lady from Essex

So sorry to hear of your recent loss.

On 10/02/2018 at 3:35 PM, Bear-uk said:

Having no one to come home to after work, im recently widowed so single for the 1st time in 30 years....:air_kiss:

That must be tough. Its my 30th wedding anniversary this year and I can't imagine him not being here. Big hug x

9 minutes ago, Bear-uk said:

Yer not gonna lie its been tough but i have really good friends that have got me through the months. X

I'm glad to hear that. Although he really does drive me nuts sometimes it would be hard to get use to him not being around. I hope things will slowly get better for you in time xx

Being alone on the holidays for one.  Not having anyone to cuddle with. And not having anyone to care for me if I were to be sick.

Sometimes it's good to be alone. But the worst thing about being alone is having no one to talk too about your problems and how you feel.

3 hours ago, Elaine said:

Sometimes it's good to be alone. But the worst thing about being alone is having no one to talk too about your problems and how you feel.

You know, having no one to talk to and how you feel is not only when you are single.Even if you are married this can happen. 

Also, this site is here to help us feel less alone 

yes, no one to talk to, cuddle and just being single feels so boring sometimes