tinkerbell2007

Whats The Worst Thing About Being Single?

658 posts in this topic

The worst thing about being single is freaky, creepy guys thinking that they really have a shot, even after I say "no."

Seriously. There are two guys (currently) who think that me going out for coffee or watching a movie with them constitutes some kind of serious relationship. Then they get pissy that I "led them on". WTF?! How can coffee and half an hour of awkward conversation suddenly make me into some sort of horrible tramp?

GAH! Well, I learned my lesson: never agree to a one-on-one hang-out session with a desperate man.

Man, I need a woman. A nice, laid-back woman who won't freak out over every little thing.

Having no one to blame for eating the last cookie ,because it was me :love0054:

Personally, the worst thing about being single is going out. All my friends have significant others and I'm still proudly single. I dont have the time or feel like making that commitment, as of now, but I do miss being able to spend time with someone special or even going out with another couple would be nice from time to time. Oh well, I just try and find a single friend or a male friend, since all of my female friends have boyfriends.

The worst thing about being single is being the third wheel everytime I go out with my friends and their mates. I hate watching them cuddle and talk "baby talk" with each other.

The loneliness. It kills me a little more inside each day. ;-;

Being asked why you aren't married and why you have no children and then getting this look that you are sad and pathetic and couldn't possibly be happy.

I would have to say being the odd man out and also when I want to just sit and gab with someone late at night.

I aggree, I think the hardest part would be not having anyone to have sex with. I have friends to keep me company and I would enjoy having more spare time for myself. But I would die without my boy toy!!! (Or girl toy?!)

Feeling lonely, & knowing, or seeing people together in public who aren't single. :D

Not having someone to go out to eat with when you want to.

yeah i would agree, not "getting any" haha

and seeing other couples... thats depressing

Having a huge bed all to myself, not getting any, and not having someone to stand by my side when I'm having a really bad day.

When I was single, the worst thing about it was when you were forced to watch other couples frollicking. I hated it!

i've found that ever since i've been single...i've missed having someone to hold when i want, someone to hug when i want, random kisses, someone to call mine really :evilgrin:

i'd do anything to have all that again it's cute watching them sleep in your arms....

The worst thing about being single is having no one into whose hands you place (metaphorically) your heart.

I have been living on my own for 4 weeks and 2 days not that I am counting lol

Its been an experience as I have never lived alone and my parents never left me on my own was always someone in house really as my poor mum had agrophobia for most of her life.

My man left we been trying to work through it or should I say I have its been very one sided really, well enough of that there is a thread in married/commited if you want to know more.

Ok the worst about being single is not hearing that key go in the door anymore and havin someone to discuss your day or make you a cup of tea and give you a hug. I really miss cooking his dinners and a big hotwater bottle to cuddle up to at bedtime.

Then there's the sex I am a very physical person and I really miss it! Vibrators are ok but I miss the warmth of a person.

Edited by rosebud72

I don't mind being single, and I don't mind being the only one of my friends who is...what I miss is someone to SLEEP with. Just sleep. Someone to hold you all night and wake up with in the morning. Who wants to be there despite your bed head and morning breath and drool. It's such a wonderful feeling to be held all night long...or in my case it was all day since we both worked nights.

Loneliness can be a two-edged sword.

I love be alone sometimes. Solitude is wonderful. I can really breath and take things in. Other times I makes me crazy and I have to get out and see people or I'm certain I will lose my mind. I think the perfect solution would be to find someone attractive whom I could just sit and look at and they could sit and look at me and we wouldn't talk very much, but we would know we were enjoying time together lol... Wait... isn't that a dog? lmao

At this moment, being single SUCKS. I want a guy to take me to haunted houses and hold my hand. Or to cuddle up on the couch with to watch scary movies. And mostly, my roommate and I are planning a 21st birthday trip to Gatlinburg next summer, and I would love more than anything to have a boyfriend to take along with me.

Being single blows.

I'm by myself most of the time and what I hate is being alone in my big bed and not having my man on my side when I wake up. And nobody to hug or to have sex with. :)

And there are bad times when you really feel alone or bad or both and you do not have someone you love to hug and comfort you.

I'm not now but when I was it was coming home to an empty house. I think that's why I went out alot, just so I didn't have to go home to nothing.

I never had a boyfriend during my teen years and was always lonely even though I had 3 best friends I'd hang out with a lot. So when I was 18 and had found the man I wanted, I married him. I was without him for 9 months due to some legal trouble he was in, but he's home now and everything's getting back to normal. While he was gone, I was miserable. I am short, and we have high ceilings, so when a light in one of the ceiling fixtures went out, I had to rely on lamps and candles or climb on dangerously unsteady objects to change a light bulb. I'd get depressed when anything around the house would break because I don't have the skills he has for building and repairing things (just about anything). I'd feel so hopeless and helpless. I eventually got to the point where I had to have friends and family come stay with me off and on just to keep myself going. If I hadn't done that I probably would have gotten so depressed I would have quit my job and allowed my whole life to become a big mess. If it hadn't been for friends, family, and co-workers, I don't know what I would have done. The loneliness is definitely the worst part of being single but I would rather be single than be with a person I was unhappy with.

The WORST thing about being single is all of your friends being paired off and me being the third wheel in most cases. The holidays comin up and no one to kiss under the mistle toe or at midnight for new years eve/day