tinkerbell2007

Whats The Worst Thing About Being Single?

658 posts in this topic

The worst thing about being single is there is no one to get you T.P. when it runs out! LOL! :drinks:

While I do miss the sex, I also miss curling up with someone to watch a movie and having someone to talk to about things that you talk with no one else about. I guess you might call that intellectual intimacy.

I don't think I feel lonliness so much as the emptiness of the bed in the morning.

I agree with Heidi: waking up alone. Sex is great but I loved just sleeping next to someone...

The worst for me is to have allll this love to give and not be able to give it to that special someone who should be having all this. Just devastating to my heart.

While I do miss the sex, I also miss curling up with someone to watch a movie and having someone to talk to about things that you talk with no one else about. I guess you might call that intellectual intimacy.

When my husband isn't around, that's definitely me. Sometimes even when he is around I'm that way too, because there are times that I want to spend time with him that he is wanting to do other things. I'm pretty clingy and he's not. I wish I could find a girl who shares this trait so that when we want attention we won't have to feel neglected.

i would have to say for me the worst thing about being single is not getting "any" as often as i would like too lol

I think the worst thing about being single is not to have someone special to share things with, whether it be a bad day or some good news. Then their is the loneliness in the nights and the big thing is sex. I am only able to have sex every three months or so because a situation with my current friend with benifits. Masturbation doesn't help much lately and i have started wondering ; why am I single? But I have made a pack with myself to do it right this time around. I could not survive another separation.

i would have to say for me the worst thing about being single is not getting "any" as often as i would like too lol

id say the love making..and the cuddling..

I miss the sex, but not so much because I have other means, if you get me!

But I miss the cuddling and the intimacy, but also the support, having someone to ring or text late at night even when you have nothing to say, all the things like that!

I really like being by myself actually. I like being able to get off work and throw my clothes into all corners of the room and eat cheetos in bed without grossing anyone else out. lol however, I do miss the company of a special someone sometimes. I really want someone to go hiking with.... but they have to also like eating cheetos in bed.... or it would never work. :(

but more than cheetos, I miss the lovinnnnn

I still get some, in an unslutty way, but I miss not loving anyone, and not being able to share my heart with anyone and I miss waking up with someone beside me. :D

The worst thing about single for me is not having any company, I miss not having that someone who is just here, whether it's sitting watching TV, going out or lying in bed. I just like sharing my life with another person.

!. Loneliness and not having someone close to share your joy and sorrow.

2. Not having someone to share and built your dreams.

3. The loving embraces, kissing and intimacy of giving and receiving sexual pleasure.

Having to constantly answer the same question of ' So hows the love life?' with 'Nothing Much' and feeling totally pathetic! and its always couples that ask the question! So annoying!

Having to constantly answer the same question of ' So hows the love life?' with 'Nothing Much' and feeling totally pathetic! and its always couples that ask the question! So annoying!

I hate that! My nan is the worst for that. :evilgrin:

But yeah, feeling lonely is horrible when your single. I dunno.. I just want someone to love me.

I can't think of anything bad about being single...I'm happier than I've been for a long time but I'd like some more single friends to go out partying with. I end up going out with my straight male friends and as lovely as they are they still get drunk and start asking me which girls I'd like to "do"! Bless em! lol

I'm going to have to agree with many of the ladies here and say that the worst thing is missing having someone here to talk to and be goofy with. I miss having someone to hold me at night when I fall asleep, missing coming home to someone waiting for me with open arms. And though I've been single for over a year now, I've had the chance to have a self growing experience. I've learned more about myself, things to better myself, and now I'll have even more to offer when that special someone comes along.

Being lonely and not having that someone to spend time with and do things etc., wanting snuggle up with someone in bed and to settle for going to sleep in a empty bed a curling up with yourself.

I think sex is part of it but for me it's more of the lack of intimacy. Having somebody to cuddle and share the silly little details of your day with or to just share silence with. I love those things when I'm dating somebody - little things like that are my favorite parts :hysterical:

I was single until 13 years ago, but I can still remember how very lonely I felt, especially in the evenings!

And I'm lonely again tonight

I can feel it like a knot in my side

They keep saying this is part of the ride

But I'm not getting stronger

(from "The Wrong Girl" by Missy Higgins)

Well im usually not single for very long (literally like only for a few weeks) then i start dating again. Some more serious and longer lasting than others, but not so this time around. I've been thinking a lot about how i want to try having a relationship with a girl and so i've just been putting off offers from guys. It's been three months since i broke up with my ex and i feel confused on an emotional level. The rest of my life is fine. I guess the worst part about being single is not having someone special there.

thats totally right, whenever i go for family meals and whatnot that question is always asked. and they always want to know why im not with anyone... i never know what to say and more often that not end u getting flustered, now that really is annoying. lol

I'm very affectionate and crave intimacy, simple hugs and kisses is what I miss...other than that it is great having my own time and finding out what life has to offer.

If there was someone special round the corner, then that would be fantastic and I would love to be at that place again.