Matty

Shybi Facebook Group

205 posts in this topic

OK I got the ok from La-Femme to start this for shy's.

For all members that have over 50+ posts and have face book that wanna also be in shy's Face book Groups.

** Warning if you use your real name on face book and dont wanna be caught by people that dont know your bi.

I suggest making a 2nd Face book account with your shy's user name.

Hear is my face book page add me as a friend and let me know if you want on shy's groups.

Stacey Turner-- Matty's Face book page

I have just set it up and only have 2 members so far... Oh all Moderators on shy's will have admins on it and can approve new members as we start getting them.. Right now Me and phalen have admins and can make sure we are not getting guys ect. This group is invite only by the admins!!!!!

*Up Date*-------> OK all La-Femme is owner of shy's forums site and Matty/Stacey am the owner of the face book site with permission from La-Femme to set it up.

Matty if you have 50+ posts and want to join.. Ty

Edited by Matty

Hey thanks for posting this. I didn't even know about facebook before now. Looks fun. :)

I would like to be added if that's ok? I'll go and add you now...

Hi sorry, I know I'm a real idiot but I just went to add you on facebook and I'm not sure which ... you are?? Doh!

Edited by Onceuponatime

thanks for the info :confused:

Hi Matty

I just want to confirm im sending you a request to join the facebook group

I also want to point out to all the other shys that if you go into your privacy settings you can make it so that no one can see what groups you are in.

Sounds like a good idea. I was out on facebook, untill my brother in law asked if i would add him. So back to the closet i went. Now i'm only out on bebo as no family members have an account there.

Sathen you can make 2 accounts on Face book 1 for shy's and 1 for family and friends that dont know your bi.

Also when wanting to join the group please list your shy-bi name so i dont get confused.

You have to have 50+ posts to join just a security mesure i am doing.

I have heard bad things about Facebook like they actually sell the profiles so you begin to spamed and that it is very hard to delete your profile if you want to quit Facebook. It any of this true ?

I also want to point out to all the other shys that if you go into your privacy settings you can make it so that no one can see what groups you are in.

Thanks for the tip AB! :)

I have heard bad things about Facebook like they actually sell the profiles so you begin to spamed and that it is very hard to delete your profile if you want to quit Facebook. It any of this true ?

I personally like facebook a lot, I have never heard anything about spam from them, and the account I have used to open my account there either is great with spam (lmao) or I haven't gotten any from them. And, yes it is true you can only deactivate the account, which means it is NOT deleted, however, you can at any time delete all your information there, so I see no problems with that. Hopefully someone else can give their input on that.

OK I got the ok from La-Femme to start this for shy's.

For all members that have over 50+ posts and have face book that wanna also be in shy's Face book Groups.

** Warning if you use your real name on face book and dont wanna be caught by people that dont know your bi.

I suggest making a 2nd Face book account with your shy's user name.

Hear is my face book page add me as a friend and let me know if you want on shy's groups.

Stacey Turner-- Matty's Face book page

I have just set it up and only have 2 members so far... Oh all Moderators on shy's will have admins on it and can approve new members as we start getting them.. Right now Me and phalen have admins and can make sure we are not getting guys ect. This group is invite only by the admins!!!!!

Thanks Matty, this is a fab idea! Will get in touch with you there ! :)

I'm excited about this!

Val

I just requested to join... just so you know.

as for your question petitefleur, Facebook is a pretty safe place. you can give out or withhold as much information as you want. They have lots of different privacy controls as to who can see your profile, pictures, etc. In my opinion it's way better than myspace. I haven't joined myspace and don't plan on it.

I don't have facebook yet but with all you girls on there I am thinking about setting up an account. :swoon:

I've joined the Facebook group.

I have 2 Facebook profiles, one where people who know me can find me, and one with a pseudonym and no picture for the things I don't want my inlaws and neighbours to see.

So far i think i have added everyone to the face book groups that has messaged me.

If i have missed anyone please get ahold of me eather on here or face book. :yahoo:

So far i think i have added everyone to the face book groups that has messaged me.

If i have missed anyone please get ahold of me eather on here or face book. :evilgrin:

I've joined facebook and friended you Matty, but I'm not too good on face book so I don't know really what I'm doing hehe.

Clarinetist and Valeskita, thanks for the replies. I wanted to get an account on Facebook because my brother has one and told me it is really nice to find some old friends. But as I have heard those bad things, I was a little bit reluctant. I guess I will think about it again now...

hello all, i just added the shy-bi face book group

hiya everyone, I'm requesting to join the shybi's facebook group as well. I thought that I'd say something here in case. Facebook is entertaining at best. lol.

Are you working on a myspace one too? or is there one out there for that one?

I've just requested you as a friend i've had to spell 1985 as my surname thoe in my shybi account.

Would you accept pretty please.

everyone else feel free to add me x

I made a new account, and added matty. BUT i then realised i had used my active msn email address... and all my friends and family came up in the "you might know" section thing on the right-hand side, so i made a new hotmail address and changed it on the profile but the friends didnt go away... so ive deactivated it and i'll have to make another new account when i have time! sorry for being stupid =/

I'm up for this, it sounds fun! :hyper: BUT as I'm not 'out' I think I might set up a second FB account for this ... will get back to you ...

(ETA: OK, have set up a second profile just for Shy's - Matty I'll add you and let you know who I am *lol* - also, if anyone wants to add me as a friend, feel free! :hyper:)

Edited by flirtykitten

Sounds like an awesome idea! I'll be making a new account soon and I'll add you/let you know once I do. :]

oo

Edited by Jen_in_NYC

Hears the shy's group on face book quick link but you also have to add me as a friend ---> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=556468523

http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?cu...?gid=5789113393

Just rember when messaging me tell me your shy's name and have over 50 posts.

Edited by Matty