JustmeTiff

Special Chat???

Special Chat times?   64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like more times available for discussion groups in chat?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What style would you like to have the chat?

• easy going, with less stucture, and more topic up for chat.
    • more structured, with one or two topics for chat each session.
  3. 3. What day of the week would you like to have the chat? and which times of day would you prefer?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Morning
    • Afternoon
    • Evening
    • Late Evening

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 posts in this topic

We have Discussion Group, every Friday, where we talk about a particular subject, usually serious, although some can dissolve into fits of laughter ...

AND we will be having Book Club back....I shall be posting a poll about that in the General Forum...

Throw some ideas out there, Tiff, let's see what people want...

"Happy Hour"..that sounds fun !!!

Would like to know when the book club starts back up.

Would like to know when the book club starts back up.

I don't believe we've had that for a very long time. If this is something you're interested in, perhaps make a thread about it & see if we can get it going again.

I'm with 'pants', what are the chances of local forums, but I guess that limits the numbers in some cases, just a thought! Also, for a structured approach, it would help those of us who don't often get into chat, at times its like walking into a room full of people and only knowing one or two there, can take a while to get into the swing of things, again, just a thought.

I agree :)

Now that chat is back up and functioning maybe we could have a time for a discussion group? There's a suggestion box option below all the threads on the main page, that might be a good place to start suggestions.

Suggestions are an idea, but I think it may be worth waiting to do anything in chat until the site has been updated. LF is working hard behind the scenes to give the site an overhaul and update certain features. This could mean the site will be down for periods of time and certain things may be temperamental until its finished. Like chat for instance. Just because its up and running now doesn't mean it will always be. Thinking up some ideas now can't hurt though :)

Very true and yes she's still working on the site but she did pop in to chat last night to see how it was going, at least I think it was her, but ideas are always welcomed.

I think we should hold our horses and let la-femme get the site sorted in proper sequence before we start asking for things straight away. The site is already in a better place than it was 2 weeks ago but things need to be sorted in an order that produces reloads and reboots to a minimum. People have not seen much of la-femme because she is getting on with the business in the gubbins of the site whilst the mods try and stay on top out here.

It will get better but one step at a time will stop the whole thing crashing rather than trying to fix everything all at once. Just bear with us

Once the rest of the site is spruced up, with a newer board there's the option of using different software to run the chatroom anyway and that could come with new features that could automatically deal with some of the suggestions, such as specific rooms etc.

The future looks bright though :D

Edited by Hungry

I would love to chat, but try as I might I can't seem to make the chat room here work. I am sooooo incompetent with tech stuff. I would appreciate anyone better versed in this kind of stuff on tips of how I can enter the room

I would love to chat, but try as I might I can't seem to make the chat room here work. I am sooooo incompetent with tech stuff. I would appreciate anyone better versed in this kind of stuff on tips of how I can enter the room

Do you use your phone or a laptop/computer? The phone version seems to work okay, but sadly because some browsers have stopped allowing java updates, the chat room will only work on internet explorer. All other browsers don't work.

The owner of the site is working hard to update the site and hopefully making chat more reliable will be one of those things. But that all takes a great deal of time. So in the meantime try internet explorer or your phone. If I can be of any more help drop me a message. I'm no computer whiz but I have more techy knowledge than the average Joe haha

Hope that helps

Oh so there is a chat room? I'm just not seeing it because I'm on a different browser? 

Right now I'm using Opera since Chrome has been messing up for me lately.

10 minutes ago, Dancing_Butterflies said:

Oh so there is a chat room? I'm just not seeing it because I'm on a different browser? 

Right now I'm using Opera since Chrome has been messing up for me lately.

There was on the old format, but it went away several months ago during a major update/overhaul.  We hope to have it back at some point, but our admin has been busy with other life stuff and it hasn't been a major priority.  I'm sure there will be a big announcement when/if it returns.