satehen

Nipple Piercing

265 posts in this topic

I have bitten the bullet (so to speak) and had my nipple pierced! In a few weeks time i shall go back and get the other done. Anyway, for those like myself who are (were) nervous about such a thing i thought i'd start up this thread with guidance/ advice/ personal stories etc. You guys can chip in or just read for advice. heres' mine:

When i went in i had so many questions, i took a trip before hand to put my mind at rest. If you are really nervous i'd recommend that you do the same. I asked if there was a female piercer, there wasn't. Some places have them, this one didn't. Think of your piercer as being like your doctor, honestly they are professionals and have seen it all! My piercer had been married 16 years and has a teenage daughter!

I asked if small nipples could be pierced to (sadly i am afflicted by nipplus smallus *sob), they said any size nipple can be pierced, even the tiniest.

I asked do they use aneasthetic? They used a "freeze spray", which smelt a little like hair spray and made my nipple cold.

About 30 minutes before my piercing i took two strong painkillers (Paramol) then i went in to The Tattoo Palace, in Wolves (where i live) and waited for my piercer. I was asked to read through some notes and sign a consent form, usual crap am i over 18? Do i suffer from allergies? Take blood thinning tablets? etc. etc.

Then i was led away into a small back room. I asked if my S.O could join me. If you are nervous about getting out your breast for a stranger, or about the pain it's always best to take some one in with you. He was allowed so i breathed a sigh of relief and followed my piercer.

When i got into the room i was asked to sit in a chair, undo my bra and let my breast out. It's best at this point if you are wearing a padded bra and a button up top. The piercer explained everything to me step by step. He measured my nipple, size 12 (lol). He took out a pen and drew dots on me and asked me to check in a mirror to see if i was happy with the position. He told me he'd made it slightly further away, to avoid a vein. He then cleaned the area with a disenfectant wipe and showed me that he was using stetile, new and sealed impliments. He emphasised the need to ensure that these were sealed and never to accept an opened pack.

He then took out a (new and sterile) clamp, freeze dried my nipple and clamped it. I looked away for that part and held on to my S.O's hand for dear life! He pushed through what looked like a long clear straw, using a long metal needle and then used this to insert the bar. You have a choice between bar (£40 at my place) or ring (£30), but i chose the bar. He explained that despite my nipple being a size 12, he'd given me a size 16 bar for extra "comfort". The piercing was like a very sharp pain that lasted only for a couple of seconds. The piercer then moved the bar so it was in a good position, this made a pulling sensation that hurt a little. None of the pain was unbearable, just uncomfortable.

When it was over he taped some gauze over it. I was bleeding slightly, but this was to be expected. He advised me to take off the gauze within 2 hours, or sooner if possible. He then led me back to the main room and filled out an after care sheet. The nipple needs to be washed twice a day with salt water, for 2 months (sea salt was available for sale at £1 a bag), then once a day after untill healed completely.

When i got home i boiled some water, let it cool, added a tea spoon of sea salt, poured a little into an egg cup and held it against my nipple for 15 minutes to wash away the blood/germs etc.

For about 2 hours after my piercing i experienced some pain and discomfort and felt the need to keep my breast very still. The salt water bath alleviated this, so did wearing loose clothing. After this time the pain decreased and if i stay still i don't feel any pain at all. When i move i feel a small amount of of pain and discomfort, but this is passing. It is now after 8pm and i had my piercing done at 2:30 pm.

I was nervous, i'd put it off for years, but here it is, the truth about it. Yes it hurts a little, but bloody hell is it worth it!

Watch the NF for pics coming soon!!

Edited by satehen

Just wanted to add a few things... My piercer said unlike with other piercings you must NOT touch it. Hands are full of germs and can lead to infections. It does NOT need to be moved around once in place.

Also, a little info i found out during research no licking or sucking untill it has healed for the same reasons.

Edited by satehen

I was nervous, i'd put it off for years, but here it is, the truth about it. Yes it hurts a little, but bloody hell is it worth it!

Glad you agree it was worth it. I felt exactly the same. You'll really be happy once you have the other twin done. :evilgrin:

Edited by tatsbichoice

Glad you agree it was worth it. I felt exactly the same. You'll really be happy once you have the other twin done. :evilgrin:

I've been thinking about getting mine done for years now - but I intend to breast feed one of these days when I have kids (like 5 years from now) and haven't had the balls to ask anyone about the implications thereof. Would having the piercings screw up breast feeding? Would I have to let them heal in order to feed?

I'm a uni piercer, he wanted one with and one without, so I obliged. I thought getting the cartilage in my ear pierced hurt more than the nipple. The first time I had it done it was sore for about 2 weeks then the skin toughened up a little. But it almost grew out of the nipple so I had it removed and they told me to let it heal up good for about 6 months then I could try it again. I missed it, my boob looked naked so I did it again. The second time the lady angled it a little differently and i barely felt it. I think the scar tissue from the first one made it easier. It was only sore for a few days and healed very quickly. The only thing that I don't like about it is if I wear a push up bra or a really supportive sports bra it gets sore after a while. And the lady who did my piercings said she had just had hers redone because she breast fed over the summer. I inquired about the effects of nip rings on breast feeding and she said you can keep them in but you have to put take it out to feed the baby then hurry up and put it back in. She said that was too much trouble and just took them out while she breast fed. I don't think I would pierce them soon before beginning to breast feed, take like 2-6 months depending on the individual for it to heal completely.

i'm pondering getting mine redone after i breastfeed the baby. i miss mine.

i have been wanting mine done for a while!!!! my bf had his done five years ago and they are just now getting to where i can tug on them lol

Well the pain only really hurt for a day. I'm bathing it wice a day with sea salt water and washing it with anti-bacterial soap in the shower. All seems fine and dandy, so Saturday i'm going to get the other one done!

I had mine done back in 98 and I just loved having them but I went in for an MRI in 02 took them out and have never put them back, they are closed up now and they caused problems breast feeding but I still miss them in ways.

I had mine pierced about a year ago, my piercer told me to clean it twice a day with epsom salt soaks and to try to move it a bit so the skin doesn't grow over it. I have never once had a problem with piercings, I have 11 right now and had 14 at one point. The nipple piercing was the first one I cleaned religiously like the piercer said. I loved it, it was so cute. Well it ended up being rejected by my body and grew out. Very painful. All my other piercings, I have never once cleaned with soap and whatnot, they get cleaned in the shower pretty much, and I havent had a problem with any other piercings. Ugh it really bothers me because I loved that piercing and thought it was so cute. Maybe one day when I have the extra money I'll get it done again.

YiKes, hard to imagine your body rejecting and forcing it out. I bet it was cute. Where are all your {stegen} other piercings?

I had no issues with my right piercing but my left wept all the time, never made sense. In the end when breast feeding my left was also the one I had major issues with so maybe my left boob is telling me something. LOL

Edited by purrescious

I have been wanting to get my nipples pierced for such a long time now. I just can't seem to work up the courage to do so. :blush::evilgrin: :evilgrin:

I think I will get my tongue pierced first and then my nipples.

Thanks for posting this, I have been thinking about getting mine done so this was some good info to think about!

Just wanted to say to those that want to get their nipples pierced but are worried about it interfering with breast feeding that as long as you properly clean the piercing and make sure to take the jewlery out when your nipple is actually in the baby's mouth (choking hazard), then having the piercing should not cause you any problems. It probably will cause mild discomfort tho, having to take the jewlery in and out of already sore nipples. As a former piercing apprentice I have seen at least 3 women who had their nipples pierced and also breast fed their babies with no issues at all.

If you are serious about nursing, you may want to put off the piercings unti you have weaned your last child. I'm sure that with piercings, everyone has a different opinion, but I was told by two different piercers at the age of 18 that scar tissure CAN impede breastfeeding. I'm sure that it doesn't in all cases, but it can.

As to the pain, I had mine done last summer, and despite the salt soaks and keeping them covered, dry, and clean, they still hurt and didn't heal for a FULL 6 months. Having said that, I love my piercings, and now that I'm all healed up, I'm glad that I did it, but there were a few weeks there where I was questioning my sanity!

One point worth mentioning is that before they heal, when you wake up in the moring, you may find that a small ammount of clear fluid has leaked out diring the night and dried. (I know, gross) It looks like the sleep that you get in the corner of your eyes. If you move your rings, and this dried goo tries to go into the piercing, it can be as small as a grain of salt, oh my HECK! You will know it. It hurts, it hurts really bad, and then you have to bite your lip and move the piercing the other way to get it out.

i got mine done a couple years ago. and i love them. omg...i wanted to get them a year before but didnt bcuz my bf at the time didnt want me to. so as soon as we broke up i went for it. so i did..got both at the same time. one of my bffs at the time went with me (he's now my bf..lol). i gotta have sumone go with me to hold my hand eveytime i get a piercing. i have 16 now and i want another. lol...[/font]

I have bitten the bullet (so to speak) and had my nipple pierced! In a few weeks time i shall go back and get the other done. Anyway, for those like myself who are (were) nervous about such a thing i thought i'd start up this thread with guidance/ advice/ personal stories etc. You guys can chip in or just read for advice. heres' mine:

When i went in i had so many questions, i took a trip before hand to put my mind at rest. If you are really nervous i'd recommend that you do the same. I asked if there was a female piercer, there wasn't. Some places have them, this one didn't. Think of your piercer as being like your doctor, honestly they are professionals and have seen it all! My piercer had been married 16 years and has a teenage daughter!

I asked if small nipples could be pierced to (sadly i am afflicted by nipplus smallus *sob), they said any size nipple can be pierced, even the tiniest.

I asked do they use aneasthetic? They used a "freeze spray", which smelt a little like hair spray and made my nipple cold.

About 30 minutes before my piercing i took two strong painkillers (Paramol) then i went in to The Tattoo Palace, in Wolves (where i live) and waited for my piercer. I was asked to read through some notes and sign a consent form, usual crap am i over 18? Do i suffer from allergies? Take blood thinning tablets? etc. etc.

Then i was led away into a small back room. I asked if my S.O could join me. If you are nervous about getting out your breast for a stranger, or about the pain it's always best to take some one in with you. He was allowed so i breathed a sigh of relief and followed my piercer.

When i got into the room i was asked to sit in a chair, undo my bra and let my breast out. It's best at this point if you are wearing a padded bra and a button up top. The piercer explained everything to me step by step. He measured my nipple, size 12 (lol). He took out a pen and drew dots on me and asked me to check in a mirror to see if i was happy with the position. He told me he'd made it slightly further away, to avoid a vein. He then cleaned the area with a disenfectant wipe and showed me that he was using stetile, new and sealed impliments. He emphasised the need to ensure that these were sealed and never to accept an opened pack.

He then took out a (new and sterile) clamp, freeze dried my nipple and clamped it. I looked away for that part and held on to my S.O's hand for dear life! He pushed through what looked like a long clear straw, using a long metal needle and then used this to insert the bar. You have a choice between bar (£40 at my place) or ring (£30), but i chose the bar. He explained that despite my nipple being a size 12, he'd given me a size 16 bar for extra "comfort". The piercing was like a very sharp pain that lasted only for a couple of seconds. The piercer then moved the bar so it was in a good position, this made a pulling sensation that hurt a little. None of the pain was unbearable, just uncomfortable.

When it was over he taped some gauze over it. I was bleeding slightly, but this was to be expected. He advised me to take off the gauze within 2 hours, or sooner if possible. He then led me back to the main room and filled out an after care sheet. The nipple needs to be washed twice a day with salt water, for 2 months (sea salt was available for sale at £1 a bag), then once a day after untill healed completely.

When i got home i boiled some water, let it cool, added a tea spoon of sea salt, poured a little into an egg cup and held it against my nipple for 15 minutes to wash away the blood/germs etc.

For about 2 hours after my piercing i experienced some pain and discomfort and felt the need to keep my breast very still. The salt water bath alleviated this, so did wearing loose clothing. After this time the pain decreased and if i stay still i don't feel any pain at all. When i move i feel a small amount of of pain and discomfort, but this is passing. It is now after 8pm and i had my piercing done at 2:30 pm.

Watch the NF for pics coming soon!!

Owwwwww, but well done!

One point worth mentioning is that before they heal, when you wake up in the moring, you may find that a small ammount of clear fluid has leaked out diring the night and dried. (I know, gross) It looks like the sleep that you get in the corner of your eyes. If you move your rings, and this dried goo tries to go into the piercing, it can be as small as a grain of salt, oh my HECK! You will know it. It hurts, it hurts really bad, and then you have to bite your lip and move the piercing the other way to get it out.

I get that everyday, the best thing to do is wash it with warm water and it will wash away without getting caught inside. It does get sore though if i forget to wash and it dries.

ooo I miss mine, I'll need to get it repierced i've left it out for almost a couple of years now still have my tongue though :D

but it's worth it when you get it done.

Yeah, I keep thinking about getting mine redone. I loved it when I had it, but took it out when my parents found out about it. They went completely spare, worse than when I had my tattoos done which was odd. Will have to look into getting it redone hehe.

Yeah, I keep thinking about getting mine redone. I loved it when I had it, but took it out when my parents found out about it. They went completely spare, worse than when I had my tattoos done which was odd. Will have to look into getting it redone hehe.

I'd be mortified if my parents found out! How old were you when they found out?

I'd be mortified if my parents found out! How old were you when they found out?

ooo mine never found out i mush have got it done when I was 15/16? :evilgrin: padded bras AND padded bikinis,

how did yours find out bad hair bear?

ahh even though you say the pain wasn't unbearable, i don't think i could go through with it. i would be too scared haha

my friend got hers pierced and said her nipples were extremely sensitive afterwards (but in a good way) lol even from vibration of her boyfriend's car sound system

i think i will just settle for a nose piercing haha

My mum found out about it because she had a frequent habit of walking into the bathroom (the lock's permanently broken) when I was in the bath. I was 18 at the time, but I got the whole 'whilst you live under this roof you live by our rules' lecture and was told to hand the ring over to her.

Yes it was embarrassing and awkward and completely horrible, and after much argument the words 'I'll tell your father' were uttered..

My dad was scary. Not in any kind of abusive way but when he got a temper he was scary, so I had no choice really.

Looking back on it I doubt if my mum would have actually told my dad, but at the time I was getting on with him really well for a change and I didn't want to jeopardise that.

Now though, I don't live with them anymore so I've got free reign to do whatever I want with my body :-D

Ooh I would love to get mine done, it's just actually getting to a piercing place. So what's it like now, 5 months down the track? Is it fully healed? Are you enjoying it? Did you get the other one done?