Guest stacie_3290

Vancouver Girls

69 posts in this topic

Hello! I have just made a new facebook group specifically for bisexual and pansexual identified people of Vancouver (BC), and the surrounding area. Please feel free to check it out. I have the idea that the group will grow, as it's the first one of its kind for people who like both genders, living in Vancouver. The idea of the group is the create a community. There is already an LGBT community, but I am left wanting more. I want to know others who identify like I do, and it's hard to tell sometimes when you are going to LGBT events. I like my gay friends, but I feel like my need to have bi and pan friends is not being met. I would think some of you can relate!

This is the group url:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/553021191448010/

All the best, and see you hopefully in the group,

Maria

New to the page and looking to make more girlfriends in the area. I'm newly single from my husband and looking to explore my bicurious side now. Loving life and looking to make memories.

Hey there Morticia!

Im not from Vancouver but I visit relatively often, thought I'd bump up the thread and see if anyone is around !

city all the way :) Oh and I found a great way of looking at things if you "don't know where you stand"...google the Genderbread Person! Ain't nobody gotta put you in a box :P

Btw, is anyone enjoying this cold snap? Defs hot chocolate weather...

Yes the cold is lovely after the boiling summer! It snowed a bit today as well! :)

I'm from Vancouver and sooooooo miss my city! It's definitely home for me. I've grew up in the valley and lived in Victoria, but moving to Vancouver was one of the best things I ever did after I finished school. I've lived in the West End, Marpole and Collingwood, and would LOVE to live in Kits. Ahhhh, pipe dreams...

For now, I just will cross my fingers that when we move back to Canada that we get to settle back in Vancouver.

Gonna assume this website is kind of dead? No one kept the vancity forum going?

Gonna assume this website is kind of dead? No one kept the vancity forum going?

There a few of us around here....I hide in the shadows mostly.... :D

The posts here look few and far between, but I also live in the greater Vancouver area.

Hello I'm new to Shybi. I'm a curious youthful mother of 3 kids. I'm in an open relationship. Have a wonderful male lover, who is very adventurous. It has opened me up to exploring more... Namely being intimate with a woman. Anyone I interested in chatting further let me know ;)

Anyone else from Vancouver area? I'm a mature mom of 2 teenagers and separated from my husband. I am ready to explore my dream.

I would love too meet with other women but have no idea where to start. I need to be private and confidential. Any ideas? I am not into the bar scene.

Hope it's ok to post on this old thread, but I didn't see many Vancouver-specific threads (or I missed them, sorry).

Anyways, I've been in Van/Van area for a few years now and I'm 26. This city is the best one I've lived in and it has so much to offer! I have very few friends in LGBT here, and haven't seen that many bi/pan meetup groups, which seems kind of shocking to me. :P Glad to see that people here are still active!! Even if most (like me) don't post.

:D

Hope it's ok to post on this old thread, but I didn't see many Vancouver-specific threads (or I missed them, sorry).

Anyways, I've been in Van/Van area for a few years now and I'm 26. This city is the best one I've lived in and it has so much to offer! I have very few friends in LGBT here, and haven't seen that many bi/pan meetup groups, which seems kind of shocking to me. :P Glad to see that people here are still active!! Even if most (like me) don't post.

:D

I'm currently in the Kootenays in BC, but I want to move back to a big city. Sounds like you really love Van! Is it full of sushi, yoga studios, and healthy food like the stereotypes suggest? From what I've heard, it sounds like a great place to live, but I'm worried the rain is intolerable! Are the beaches nice?

Is it full of sushi, yoga studios, and healthy food like the stereotypes suggest? From what I've heard, it sounds like a great place to live, but I'm worried the rain is intolerable! Are the beaches nice?

Haha, yeah there's lots of those (also tons of coffee shops). If you don't like sushi/yoga, etc then there's still plenty of different things to do. A few things I can think of are the trampoline park, escape rooms, archery tag, paintball, Granville Island, day cruises, Science World (which also has adult nights which are awesome!), Catfe, tons of film festivals and seasonal events, and I know I'm missing a bunch...

The rain is generally not too bad, but we've had a record-breaking rainy couple of months lately. For the most part it's light but frequent.

We have lots of beaches and hiking areas nearby. And the mountains for snow tubing/boarding/skiing aren't too far away. Best beach, in my opinion, is English Bay.

Biggest downside, is it is one of the most expensive cities to live in :( But if you really hunt for a place and you're cool with roommates (and finding a cool roommate is pretty easy here) then the rent is actually pretty good. I used to live downtown, splitting an apartment with one person for $450.

Haha, yeah there's lots of those (also tons of coffee shops). If you don't like sushi/yoga, etc then there's still plenty of different things to do. A few things I can think of are the trampoline park, escape rooms, archery tag, paintball, Granville Island, day cruises, Science World (which also has adult nights which are awesome!), Catfe, tons of film festivals and seasonal events, and I know I'm missing a bunch...

The rain is generally not too bad, but we've had a record-breaking rainy couple of months lately. For the most part it's light but frequent.

We have lots of beaches and hiking areas nearby. And the mountains for snow tubing/boarding/skiing aren't too far away. Best beach, in my opinion, is English Bay.

Biggest downside, is it is one of the most expensive cities to live in :( But if you really hunt for a place and you're cool with roommates (and finding a cool roommate is pretty easy here) then the rent is actually pretty good. I used to live downtown, splitting an apartment with one person for $450.

Thanks for the feedback! It sounds like a lot of fun! You've definitely made it sound more interesting than I imagined, and I'm glad the rain isn't too all consuming. We get a lot of rain here, and a lot of fog from the lake, which it really annoys me. I'm used to the sunny bright skies of the prairies, but I doubt I will ever move back there. Van sounds very progressive, and I've often heard it compared to LA.

I'm a bit relieved to head that renting isn't too bad. If I moved it would be with my hubby and toddler, so hopefully between the two of us we could make enough money to make it work. Right now we are trying to decide between Van and Montreal, and you just gave a great review of Vancouver. Thank you for sharing your love of your town with me!

Thank you for sharing your love of your town with me!

Absolutely :D I'm glad you found it helpful. :D

Hi!! My name is Kayla, I'm 27 happily married with two littles! 

I live in chilliwack!!

On 2010-01-02 at 0:19 AM, Milfaliscious said:

Hey, new here. I'm in Abbotsford. 25, engaged with 2 kids. :)

YAYY Abbotsford! I didn't think anyone was around my area! I'm from chilliwack!