td123

Single Girls Who Could See Themselves Happy With A Long Term Committed Gf Relationship

221 posts in this topic

I think my definition of bisexual is different from most people's. The way I see it, I find both men and women to be attractive but I fall in love with a person because they have a beautiful soul, regardless of their gender. It's not like I need one of each, whereas a lot of people identifying as bisexual seem to.

I am single now and definately would love to have a relationship with a women. I connect so much more I believe with women then men on all levels. Just so hard to find .

as long as she looked like a butch lesbian, then yes, but I'm not single so that counts me out :)

I lean more towards women, both emotionally and physically so I don't have to worry about some things. I would never be able to be in a relationship where it isn't monogamous--once I've found someone I really care for, I'm not even able to think about anyone. Unless I was being smothered.

As it has been expressed, a lot of get misunderstood where we Bi's just seem to be more up for a threesome or not into long term relationships and that's sad, because it really depends on the individual, not the orientation.

Alas, I'm happily single and wish to remain that way for a long time if I can help it.

Its hard for me being a bisexual virgin because I am attracted to an idea that has been presented to me as a possibility with women of a relationship that can transcend the traditional union of having someone to share your life/family with. Sure that is great and I had it but it still left me feeling empty. I want something deeper and more sensual then I have experienced with guys. I don't know if I will ever find what I am looking for but I sure as hell want to try.

Being bisexual for me just means that I could fall for a woman or man. I don't need both. I would love a long term committed relationship. Somebody to spend the rest of my life loving

Edited by madcat

I'd probably prefer a long term committed relationship with a woman. I'd always be monogomous so wouldn't want a man and a woman. I find I'm attracted to a person rather than a gender, but generally find its women that I'm attracted to more

Before joining Shys I thought being Bi-sexual meant I would fall in love with one gender or the other. It never even occured to me that some may see it as socially acceptable to have both, and I'm still unsure how I feel about that idea. However, I did know that after being with my guy for over 2 years I am struggling with the idea of never even kissing a woman again..

I also had a feeling years ago that I'd be happier with a woman, but because of society and family opinions I avoided relationships with women and went with the 'norm' to be with a guy.

Given the chance to rewind time OR if for some reason I ever end up single again, I am fairly certain I would love to be in a long term committed monogamous relationship with a woman!

I think I would, even though I'm not sure whether I fall in love with girls or not. If there was someone spesical, I'd love to spend time with them, and I'm a relationship girl. But it must have been a simple slow moving relationship. Where we both had the same feelings.

I don't think it's anybodies business, if it became serious stuff, then I'd tell my famliy. Personaly I like the idea of sneaking around with a cute girl :)

I was considering it with my last girlfriend, but she has too many issues (bipolar, alcoholic). I do fantasize about both men and women, but I was very happy sexually with her and I don't cheat. I have joined with other couples to have a threesome, but I'm not sure I'd want to be poly in my own committed relationship. I know that I fall in love with one person at a time, and if I choose to be with you, I am where I want to be. I could happily end up with a girl forever, but I think I could do the same with a guy. I do lean a bit more towards women when it comes to imagining a lifetime together.

I always am serious with women when it comes to commitment. It's sad that they're not. haha

I've been on my own for the past two years. I've become quite attached to my independence. I tend to be a bit squeamish about commitment for fear of loosing it.

It's funny but I have always thought of a future with a man, a house and two kids. Anytime I thought of two women living together, I think of lots of cats and Golden Girls reruns :-). Now, it is a consideration, but I have not yet come out to the majority of my family, so I would have to somehow explain my living with a woman.

I have been in a committed relationship with two separate women in my past. They ended when they turned abusive toward me. Would I have a committed relationship with a woman again? Definitely. And be completely happy in doing so? Absolutely!

go with your heart!!!!!!! i have the dh and the kids.........but also.......the GF:)))))) would rather have the GF and the kids:))))) .....and am planning to dump the dh...... where I live...........you would fit right in and even if there are too many cats, they would live at the local zoo....... life's too short..........allow yourself to be happy. Seriously.......I'm very close to your age.......its time. Show your family how happy you are. They will either accept it or not. You cannot change them. YOU CAN THOUGH, CHOOOOOOOOSE TO BE HAPPPPPPPPPPPPY!!!!!! and if the family is distant about the whole thing, then allow them to be distant. It is their choice, not yours. Follow me?

i can definiitely see myself being happy in a long term relationship with a woman as long as she is committed also because it takes 2 ppl to make it work

Yes definitely can see myself heading towards this as being the final outcome for myself in my future.

It's funny but I have always thought of a future with a man, a house and two kids. Anytime I thought of two women living together, I think of lots of cats and Golden Girls reruns :-). Now, it is a consideration, but I have not yet come out to the majority of my family, so I would have to somehow explain my living with a woman.

this is kinda a result of not having any media representation of women existing in gg relationships on TV if golden girls is the closest idea of women living together as they get older or the fear of becoming cat women, but that is far from the reality.

If i am ever single again ill definitely be wanting a relationship with a girl. The whole works.

that is my dream retirement right there! lol

I say yes to lots of cats, but exchange Golden Girls reruns for Sex & the City reruns. Maybe if my husband passes away before I do, I`ll find a girlfriend in the nursing home and we can be crazy catladies together

this is kinda a result of not having any media representation of women existing in gg relationships on TV if golden girls is the closest idea of women living together as they get older or the fear of becoming cat women, but that is far from the reality.

Yes, I realize this. My thoughts had been completely fear-driven. It's one thing to see representations of bisexual or lesbian lifestyles on television, but real understanding comes from knowing bis or lesbians. For example, the was a time when black life appeared be either Good Times or That's my Mama (really dating myself here) until The Jeffersons came along. Although there have been numerous shows since then that offer different perspectives on "blackness" one would probably have to socialize with a variety of black folks to truly get a sense of the culture.

go with your heart!!!!!!! i have the dh and the kids.........but also.......the GF:)))))) would rather have the GF and the kids:))))) .....and am planning to dump the dh...... where I live...........you would fit right in and even if there are too many cats, they would live at the local zoo....... life's too short..........allow yourself to be happy. Seriously.......I'm very close to your age.......its time. Show your family how happy you are. They will either accept it or not. You cannot change them. YOU CAN THOUGH, CHOOOOOOOOSE TO BE HAPPPPPPPPPPPPY!!!!!! and if the family is distant about the whole thing, then allow them to be distant. It is their choice, not yours. Follow me?

Thank you sooooo much! It's very comforting to here you say that. I know that intellectually, I am responsible for my own happiness and it is foolish to continue living a false life. I guess my major support has come from family, so it has been a challenge to live in a way that they would not understand. I have been searching for support groups in my area, and they seem few and far between. The funny thing is that I believe my supervisor is gay and deep down, I wish I could speak with her about it. We get along really well, but there are others in management that stick to traditional religious doctrine about homosexuality. Also, I don't if it is appropriate for me to even discuss my personal life with a supervisor.

I've only fallen in love once with a man and it didn't last forever...I believe I've got a lot of love in my heart for the right girl..when I first came to realise my bisexuality I thought it was purely physical- but having given myself a lot of thinking time (and shy's has defo hepled too!) I realised I would very much like to meet and fall in love with the woman of my dreams..

of course I don't know if it will work out but I'd like to follow my heart and see where it takes me.. :)

If you'd asked me this 2 yrs ago, I would've probably said No. I always said I was biSEXUAL and that's it, because it was just a intimacy/sex thing. I was totally into women, don't get me wrong, but, I couldn't see having a long term one-to-one monogamous relationship w/a woman. Then I had a LTR with one and even then, I felt it was verified that I would not ever be happy with 'just' a female/female relationship. Then, I lost my husband. And I have been seriously reevaluating everything. I can honestly say, right now, I could never have another relationship w/a male. Sex, yes, but never a relationship. So, yes, I'm going to say that I WANT that LTR w/a female.

One can never have too many cats..