td123

Single Girls Who Could See Themselves Happy With A Long Term Committed Gf Relationship

221 posts in this topic

I'm very happy single, it causes a lot less stress. The two relationships I had which were verging on long term both ended because she (both shes) couldn't really cope with the fact that is takes about 99.9% of any mother's energy and attention to raise two kids and to have a full time job, to be the bread winner and the adult responsible for everything... lesbian women are used to being the centre of the universe, the sole adult, who can do what she wants with her life, and they either want to be the centre of your world... which causes the kids to be neglected... can't do that................ or they want to be one of the kids, like a cuckoo, competing with your kids for your love, also not very healthy..... so really, until my kids are grown, hi diddly dee, it's a single life for me.......

I can barely see myself with anyone, largely for that reason. My last two relationships, both single men with children, were similar. They expected to be the centre of my world and resented the fact that I had a child and a job. They were happy to push their children aside and couldn't understand why I wasn't happy to do the same. I didn't push my son aside but I wasn't the best mum I could be when I was with those men. I am a better mother alone. Now I have two children and no time. What could I offer a partner? My children take up all my time and I'm happy that way. I don't have enough time, money or headspace to be starting a new relationship. I do think about it, I feel lonely often especially in the evenings when I've finally crashed on the sofa and the only company I have is NCIS on the TV. I sometimes think about when the children are grown up and I'm alone. I wonder whether I'll ever be ready to be with someone new. I'm 99% certain that after the hurt in the past I'll never have another relationship with a man. I could see myself settling down with a woman eventually, if I ever fix my mangled head and learn to trust again. If I imagine my future self married or living with someone, it's a woman.

While I still identify as bisexual because I also can be sexually attracted to men, I just can't imagine being happy with a man. Everything about it feels wrong for me.

No one has ever described how I feel about my sexuality as clearly as that!! :D

As bisexuals have different relationship desires I'm just curious how many include having a serious exclusively committed long term relationship with a woman as serious possibility or desire.

Well ive been there and done that and want it back again lol ;-)

Having been married for 6 years to a man and then be in a 2 year relationship with a woman, i can honestly say hand on heart there is NOTHING more amazing then being in a loving, committed relationship with a woman, i know i know what people say about women; they over-analyse, they judge, their too easily lead by their feelings, their irrational....yeah the list is endless,

but i still stand by what i said.

Becaiuse on one side everyone is awful and the other side you flip a human being over and their the best thing since slice-bread.

Yeah women can be very easily lead by their heart but for the most part that isnt really a bad thing if you think about it....

Women are naturally nurturing, were naturally empathic, were more emotionally stronger then men and we have so many things constantly being told to conform to by society.

So with all that to deal with yes every now and then we are gonna act out a little irrational, but its a shame society doesnt also see how amazing we are at raising kids, dealing with constant criticism, dealing with heartache and all the rest of it.

I think to be with a woman 'as another woman' is one of the most passionate and loving relationships you can imagine.

No relationship is gonna be flawless and smooth sailing from day one, but if you can find that powerful common connection between two women you will never find anything like it again.

I think I would love to be in a serious committed relationship with a woman...

Yeah I could, definitely. I'm trying to work out if I've lost the ability to be attracted in that way to men.

I could see this as a serious possibility I love the idea of being committed to someone and a woman just seems almost right for me more than a man.

*Raises her hand

I could see myself with a woman but feel that I would also have to have man in my life. I've never Been open to any gender so it could be a possibility with both genders.

I could seriously consider it if we were both comfortable with who we are and each other then why not truly attempt it.

me me me me. lol

I like having a penis on occasion but I just don't want to get too involved to what it's attached to.

I definitely could but I do not want to be with just anyone. I want the right one for the long term.

I could be happy too. Just not with anyone for the sake of being in a relationship.

I’m definitely hoping to have a serious, long term relationship with my partner, whether it be a man or woman. I don’t like the idea of hookups or relationships where everything is just a game and confusing.

On 9/22/2014 at 10:57 AM, aeonpax said:

I like having a penis on occasion but I just don't want to get too involved to what it's attached to.

I believe that's what strap-ons and dildos are for.

After being single for so long I have now decided to try and find a partner, but all I am interested in looking for is a gf not a bf, not sure why just I've never really been interested in having a long term relationship with a guy (other than friends. Oddly enough all my closest friends are guys) but since coming to realise or maybe I should say since admitting to myself that I have an attraction to women being single isn't the only option for me anymore which is so exciting.

Just got to find the right girl now :)

Edited by BlueStorm
Grammatical

Yes as a single bi lady I could indeed be in or try to be in a monogamous relationship with another woman. However experience has shown me that there are vast and complicated differences between a woman who has been het married, had children, lived co dependantly within a marraige and a woman who has either been out as gay all her life or who has never been long term with a guy. There are emotional and financial issues that will arise and almost insurmountable life experience issues. For me personally looking on the ‘scene’ for a lady partner is not a good idea even though in the past when I have visited gay pubs I have sat and drooled at the awesomeness of some gay women. I have to accept, much as it pains me that such a pairing would be unrealistic and ain’t gonna work. Been there.

I am pleased that now approaching the end of 2017 LGBT diversity is really coming into its own, that the spectrum of human love and sexuality is at last being recognised, that we are all different, both in our life experiences and how we choose to meet others. There are now emerging platforms for us to debate, gain support, connect with others and talk truly and openly about how we feel and what sort of relationship/s we would really like, what kind of sex really satisfies us.

This surely has to be healthier that just conforming to the ‘norm’ and feeling unhappy and unfulfilled and resenting others who have had more honest experiences in their private lives. We all deserve to be happy.

Edited by myladylove
Error

I wouldn't mind a long-term relationship with a woman. In some ways it's a stronger curiousity and pull than dating a guy. However, I haven't met a woman in years that compliments me and shares my desires. It's easy to put myself around guys that already tick most of the boxes. I don't know if this explains what I mean. Put it this way, I got lucky early on with women and have struggled ever since. The more I resign myself to a life without women the more I question my desire and the possibility.

Edited by Hungry

Yes, I'd like to be in a serious relationship with a woman. I just want to find the right person and see if we both connect with each other. I've never been the type of girls who fools around or has flings. I've always liked serious relationships more so than just fooling around. It all depends on what your looking for and make sure you state what you're looking for with the other person so nobody ends up getting hurt in the end. Plus there's been times where I try to flirt with a woman and she ends up telling me she's straight or she's in a serious relationship. So I think it's all depends on who I meet and see if there's any connection between us. For now I'm staying single until I find the right person. :)

I'm bi, but strictly monogamous and leaning more and more towards women, so yes I can see myself in a serious committed relationship with a woman.

When I was much younger, it was hard to envision seriously dating a woman, but I would look at lesbian couples almost with envy.  I didn't recognize a lot of things I felt in my younger days for what they were (such as crushes).  Really, I longed to meet a woman, but I felt like men kept getting in the way of that (since men are so much more aggressive and in my case, they were pretty easy to meet).  I would say I probably started really being open to dating women when I was 21 or 22, but I realized my interest in women at 18.  I first came out as gay at 25.