MissLeila

Ok Ladies, What Do You Prefer? Unshaven, Party Shave, Completely Shaven?

499 posts in this topic

Omg!  Just lost the lot last nigh.

What a difference in look AND  feel!!!

Think I've just found a new toy!!

7 hours ago, CuriouslyMarriedWoman said:

I'm baffled by how it's done.

With considerable care... and a degree of contortion! :D

More seriously, you can ditch the wet razor in favour of an electric body razor. There are some good models available now and it is actually quite difficult (though not impossible) to cut yourself while using one. Or go get sugared/waxed.

9 hours ago, Sarah james said:

Omg!  Just lost the lot last nigh.

What a difference in look AND  feel!!!

Think I've just found a new toy!!

Glad you've seen the light. :wink:

Some areas haven't seen the light for ages...

Hope I don't get it sun burnt now.

My hair is curly, so I can't shave everything. I get ingrown hairs. I trim the front and I love to have the sensitive parts in between my legs shaved.

I just read an article about how hair removal can increase exposure to STDs and I am freaking out a little. Thoughts? http://www.ibtimes.com/sexually-transmitted-infections-caused-female-body-hair-removal-why-you-should-stop-2456002?utm_content=buffer6ffb1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

7 minutes ago, elliej said:

I just read an article about how hair removal can increase exposure to STDs and I am freaking out a little. Thoughts?

Shaving/Waxing etc. does not give you an STD - having sex with someone who is infected does. So the correlation if any is down to lifestyle.

But there also are some big limitations to the study, Butler says. Although the analysis took into the number of sexual partners people said they had, it did not consider whether people were having safe sex or getting vaccinated for HPV. And the survey didn't ask people whether they were diagnosed with the STD before or after they started grooming.

I think what matter is a woman that takes care of herself, i prefer partly shaved, fully shaved makes me feel a bit like a little girl, but thats just for myself. I haven't been with a woman who is not shaved, wouldn't mind encountering anything as long as it's not abandoned and ignored. 

47 minutes ago, Golightly63 said:

Shaving/Waxing etc. does not give you an STD - having sex with someone who is infected does. So the correlation if any is down to lifestyle.

No. Skin is a barrier to infection. As the article states, hair removal methods tend to cause breaks in this barrier, which can increase the risk of infection, sexually transmitted or otherwise. They aren't clear how much of the effect is correlation vs. causation, but causation is definitely plausible.

That said, "Stop it. Just stop it right now." is a very journalistic, extreme reaction to the study. The recommendation to wait a little for any injury to heal instead of having sex immediately after hair removal makes more sense.

Edited by moonbynight

I guess it depends upon your definition of causation. Yes... cuts and scrapes may make one more likely to catch (any) infection. Irrespective of grooming practices however, the root cause is sexual contact with an infected individual.

Edited by Golightly63

3 hours ago, Golightly63 said:

Did you read the article? even using a condom with someone with an STD can be less effective if your skin is irritated from hair removal.
Appreciate if you comment related to statements/ context

2 hours ago, Golightly63 said:

I guess it depends upon your definition of causation. Yes... cuts and scrapes may make one more likely to catch (any) infection. Irrespective of grooming practices however, the root cause is sexual contact with an infected individual.

but usage of condom is supposed to make it significantly less likely.

1 hour ago, Golightly63 said:

It would be more properly stated as a risk factor rather than a causative factor. Obviously, the organism in question is the actual causative factor, and you're right - if you don't have contact with the causative organism, you're not going to catch it. But you can't say that the difference is *just* lifestyle if the person who removes hair has a higher risk of contracting an STD over someone with similar sexual habits other than hair removal.

47 minutes ago, elliej said:

Did you read the article? even using a condom with someone with an STD can be less effective if your skin is irritated from hair removal.

If you're skin is irritated then don't have sex. You wait if you're not using protection. Surely this is common sense. If your hair is curly as is mine, use an electric body groomer, works like a charm. Or leave it, either way if shaving causes anyone discomfort to this degree they're not using an effective method. Nobody wants to be uncomfortable or take an age to be smoother. There are more options beyond the original razor these days particularly good for letting you choose how bare you'd like to go.

33 minutes ago, moonbynight said:

It would be more properly stated as a risk factor rather than a causative factor. Obviously, the organism in question is the actual causative factor, and you're right - if you don't have contact with the causative organism, you're not going to catch it. But you can't say that the difference is *just* lifestyle if the person who removes hair has a higher risk of contracting an STD over someone with similar sexual habits other than hair removal.

A lot of articles like the one above are scaremongering. Being safe, getting regular checks and being mindful of your sexual health is a lifestyle factor and should be  part of the terrority when you're living a more casual life. If this is taken into consideration as it should be then the risk is diminished significantly assuming you deal with people who have the same practices regardless of the other persons grooming habits.

Based on the stats, I'd be interested to know if more women were using other methods instead of the traditional razor whether the results would be different and the bottom conclusion is to just be cautious of when you shave, for example I know many people probably shave specifically for dates. I know from experience this is not a good idea, so I feel like a lot of this is lack of knowledge that again points to lifestyle. If people are re-shaving when cut, sore or imflammed, then to me it's no wonder. But it's a big jump to be making if you actually groom effectively and are responsible then STD's spreading in this way should be lower even if unprotected.

Edited by Hungry

34 minutes ago, moonbynight said:

Fair point and perhaps I used the phrase too loosely. @Hungry has also addressed this.

And as the researchers themselves point out, there are serious limitations to the data. Further work is required before drawing any big conclusions

48 minutes ago, elliej said:

I addressed this point above and yes, I did read the article and more. <_<

Smoooooth!!!

Smooth or little hair and that goes for both men and women.  I prefer waxing as you don't get the razor stubble feeling.

5 hours ago, Leigh1968 said:

Smooth or little hair and that goes for both men and women.  I prefer waxing as you don't get the razor stubble feeling.

Eeeeek!  Doesn't waxing hurt?  Would love to have a really smooth look and feel, but i always thought waxing hurt.  How is it done? 

28 minutes ago, CuriouslyMarriedWoman said:

Eeeeek!  Doesn't waxing hurt?  Would love to have a really smooth look and feel, but i always thought waxing hurt.  How is it done? 

The first couple of times it stings...okay it hurts but the more times you do it the less it hurts.  If you are just doing a bikini wax it is super easy and pretty pain free.  A full Brazilian which is by far my favorite really only stings when they are pulling the hair from the inside portion of your vulva area. You lay on your back with your legs bent and open and your feet touching.  To get the back side you bring your knees to your chest.  I have heard that sugar wax isn't as painful but I don't know.  I did laser years ago which was by far more painful.  It was like getting snapped with a rubber band over and over.  Take a couple ibuprofen about 30 minutes before.

Has to be clean shaven or trimmed down very short. I'm not into a bush unfortunately 

I dislike the bare look. Not saying I wouldn't eat her anyway, I mean, c'mon, but I prefer hair. NOT THAT I'VE DONE ANYTHING WITH A WOMAN. But after 20 years of REALLY enjoying giving blowjobs and my husband and I simply dealing with the hair because it's there, I relish the thought of diving into a bush. 

I'm waxed in the back & the lips. I do like that. SO SOFT! But definitely hair in the front. I actually wish mine were thicker/darker. 

I'd prefer at least trimmed a bit, but ultimately if she's confident and comfortable with how she landscapes down there then I'm fine with it :)

I prefer unshaven, but I'm open to any thing as long as the lady in question is happy with what she has down there. Aesthetically, when I'm looking at nude photos of women, I'd like some hair there. 

I keep myself neatly and closely trimmed with well kept bikini lines. I've tried going completely shaven but I found it made me prone to yeast infections and ingrown hairs.

I don't really have a preference for my partner as long as she's comfortable. 

Nice n short n tidy ...... please ;-)