polkadot

How To Turn On Your Gaydar

560 posts in this topic

Basically this is my personal technique for activating my gaydar: I assume that every woman I meet is either gay or at least bi until proven otherwise. That way I don’t close the door to any opportunities that might present themselves.

Love it! Hubby & I were at the supermarket the other day and he mentioned to me did I see the woman packing our bags? I was curious as to where this question was going so I just stood there looking dazed. He continued with, did you see her check you out? I had to giggle as yes, yes indeedy I saw her look me up and down. The funny thing was it was the first time my husband had noticed such an occurance.

This thread made me laugh. From now on I'll be putting my gardar on every time I leave the house. I'm looking forward to flirting a little, ok, a lot!

I do this.... I call it wishful thinking, but it makes me happy even though I'm not looking for anything. I like to think that they recognize me as non straight as well, which is the best part for me. After a lifetime of pretending to be straight, it's nice to be able to say: "heyyyyy I'm hereeee... I'm queer! Can I be part of your community now please?"

What does it mean to dress gay? I guess if you live in the country and women are weareing men's cloting, it's different. I live in the city, however, where dress is more fluid, I guees. So if they are not extreme in dressing butch - which wouldn't be the kinds of girls I'm attracted to, anyway, I'm not sure dress is an accurate gauge.

wow...thanks for the tip..I'll try it!

(..although I think lately I have been doing this more and more often, ever since I found this site and became more confident in myself ;)

Excellent Post!! Think of the amount of people you come into contact with each day!! And then think of the percentage of people with gay tendancies!!

I have kinda started to do this more since I realised I was definately bi. I observe women more, watch how they look at other people, men and women. There is this chick who works at my local (small) supermarket. although I don't crush on her (she looks too young for me lol ) she rocks the 'brunette with attitude' look that I find hot. Anyways, the other week when I was in there with my kids at her till and I noticed her looking at the girl a few people in front of me (who looked a little like the singer from Paramore), like she was checking her out....

There has usually been a little more than usual eye contact between me and her when I'm there (without the kids) I now assume she is at least bi...

I often now notice how some women act more 'open', look around more and seem to take in more. Not long after joining this site I was in (a different) supermarket and passed this older woman a few times. She looked at me longer than a stranger would. I thought maybe she recognised me from somewhere but thought no more of it, until I saw her in the car park. I could feel someone looking at me and when I look up it was her, she smiled then disappeared to her car.

I like to think my gay/bi-dar is pretty good, even for those who may not yet realise themselves!

Although saying that, when I went to a gay pub with my husband I didnt notice some chick checking me out, and was very pissed off that my husband didnt tell me until 2 hours later when we were in a different bar far away from the one she was in!

This is probably true, but girls we also dress for other women or girls,

I am always looking to see what a woman is wearing first, then, lol, I

check the chic out !!

Do any of you like to catch them looking at you? Eye contact, usually a blush

from them or a real hot cutie will make eye contact to see if you(me) are checking

them out, I love that, a shy smile, eye contact and maybe a slight turn around look if meeting on

the street or hallway, awesome,

Thanks Polkadot, thats very usefull info, suzy xxx

Thanks for this topic Polkadot - really useful to me as I'm hopeless at reading how other women feel. I think I'm quite pessimistic and assume automatically that every attractive woman I see will definitely be straight, so I'm maybe missing things that I'd see if I could take a more open approach to checking out other women.

I'm not stalking you, Babybell, honest! Your name makes me think of a certain cheese...

My gaydar is godawful. I've frequently 'confessed' to women that I like them and got 'erm...err...erm' in response. I think I misread friendship as something else, so now I don't think I'd be able to tell unless someone was being really obviously flirty and talking about sex, while touching me. Some people are just overly touchy, so I can't go by that alone.

My eyes tend to wander towards cleavage. I'm probably very obvious and embarrass unsuspecting women!

Aha! So that's how to turn on a gaydar. Learned a lot from this. Thank you Ms. Polkadot!

I love this topic! but I have to ask, what does looking for signs of her queerness in the way she dresses or moves mean? I mean I know some you can figure out right away but what about the bi-sexual happily married business owner in a suit or the new mom pushing a stroller or the 30-something mom of teenagers dropping them off at school?

I get the eye contact and the lingering on the lips, I'm just not sure I could pick a lesbian or bisexual woman out of a crowd...

I have to work on my gaydar a little I think

Nice! I'm so gonna try these techniques next time I'm out . . and hopefully if I see her peeping me too I will smile back and see where it goes! Possibly, even make a move ;)

I now check out and smile at quite openly and it's quite funny to see how women react. The majority seem to become uncomfortable and nervous and look away or smile nervously. I count them out straight away ha ha. But I have had some great reactions too (not necessarily anything that has gone anywhere) the best being a hot girl in my work canteen who beamed right back at me walked over to where I was at the microwaves to cook her food and we "danced around each other" and kept looking at each other smiling very knowingly. I now wish I had spoken to her. There is another girl on my floor, a new girl, I am working on. I make sure I look at her whenever she passes my desk and she is starting to look back and smile and we have had longer than normal eye contact. She is in another team so we haven't spoken yet but if I get the opportunity to I will soon. I love it. I don't believe I have a gaydar when it comes to women but I certainly know when I am being checked out too lol.

I am loving this topic! Flirting with guys has always come sort of easy, but when it comes to girls I used to be so careful because I just naturally assumed most were straight. My gaydar still isn't fully on and needs a lot of practice, but now at least I've plugged it in. thanks

Great! I will try it! Welcome any more tips that could be helpful of spotting like-minded individuals!!

love this topic... gonna try at work this girl is hott!! and Im sure she's lesbian/Bi!!

Thanks Polkadot will have to try it out see if my Gaydar works.

i am going to try this asap! though, my biggest fear is making someone feel uncomfortable, (maybe because i am learning to be comfortable with my feelings myself) but i wouldn't want someone to feel weird with me hitting on them if they were straight. but i think these tips will help with my confidence. thanks :)

I've started to do this more. I think it's hard for me to tell when women are flirting back because we're just naturally friendlier than men. Often I assume that a woman is just platonically interested and I can't tell if she's actually flirting. I'll just have to assume from now on and see where it gets me!

I've started to do this more. I think it's hard for me to tell when women are flirting back because we're just naturally friendlier than men. Often I assume that a woman is just platonically interested and I can't tell if she's actually flirting. I'll just have to assume from now on and see where it gets me!

Cutiepie99 - I saw you in chat the other day, and just now saw your pic. You're cute and sexy in one perfect little package! You should have no problem finding a sexy girl that just wants to eat you up!

Thanks Alley :) I'll have to keep that in mind in the real world haha!