polkadot

How To Turn On Your Gaydar

560 posts in this topic

Looking back at polkadot's original post in this thread, I think it's fantastic advice... I have always been more on the side of being lesbian, and so have always had my gaydar on, really since my teenage years, and it has served me well... Looking can also be a subtle or overt way of showing who you are...

Thanks for this great info ladies!!

I have a question though: how did you start meeting your queer/bisexual friends? 

Edited by function808

15 hours ago, function808 said:

I have a question though: how did you start meeting your queer/bisexual friends? 

I didn't initially set out to make queer friends. I just made it known that I was accepting of others regardless of orientation. As a result those of my friends who aren't straight were comfortable being open to me about it. In return when I came out to them they were supportive.

On October 27, 2017 at 11:26 AM, zzz_girl said:

This is overall nice, except I'm also a "breeder".  A lot of  us on here are. Gay/bi people have kids too, so don't rule out people that have kids. :)  Probably better to replace "breeders" with "straight" or "heterosexual", but otherwise pretty good advice.

I really don't feel Polkadot meant any disrespect to anyone by saying the word "breeders" I felt she meant it as male/female typical gender role.. I thought it was cute when I read it.. As I to was a breeder.. But except I am gay now..

I'm of the opinion that almost all women are at the very least bi-curious. I think nearly every woman has at some point thought about being with another woman simply because the things we all want in relationships are the very things we're most likely to find in other women: great communication, romance, tenderness, etc. 

So I do think most women will at a minimum consider a same sex relationship if they meet the right woman and the chemistry is there. That's the premise I tend to operate from anyways. 

On 10/29/2017 at 11:03 PM, function808 said:

I recently went to a Pride event in my city and met some great new people. As someone who just recently came out to friends and family, I wasn't really sure how to meet women but going to this event was really awesome. I think going out and mingling with like-minded people is a big help. I have to admit though, it's frustrating knowing Ms. Right is out there somewhere and not being able to find her. 

2 hours ago, cremdelachoc said:

I recently went to a Pride event in my city and met some great new people. As someone who just recently came out to friends and family, I wasn't really sure how to meet women but going to this event was really awesome. I think going out and mingling with like-minded people is a big help. I have to admit though, it's frustrating knowing Ms. Right is out there somewhere and not being able to find her. 

Pride is so much fun! Really validating too. It's a space in which gay people *do* outnumber "breeders."

Hope this helps or at least gets some laughs. I may love Ally Hills a bit and the song is only going on stereotypes so you can't tell with Everyone but it seems to have improved my own gaydar a little at least. Good luck ladies =)

What would you ladies say is the best way to let other women know you love women? I don't quite have the courage yet to hit on another woman but I am absolutely yearning for a woman to flirt with or hit on me, lol.