Riddle

Are You Ok With Being Single?

350 posts in this topic

It always depends on if there is someone out there who I want to be in a relationship with. Right now, since I'm really in love with this girl, I am not okay with being single because I'm not with her. But go back a year, I was having the time of my life riding solo. Being single is fun! I get to mess around and experience the freedom of not being in one.

I don't like the fantasize about an ideal person if they are not right in front of me (though let's be real, I do it often). But there's a difference between fantasizing and making yourself miserable without the person you made up in your head.

I totally agree with you. I am ok with it unless there is someone I want to be with

I don't mind it but it would be nice to have someone at this point. I want someone to cuddle with, share emotion with & basically someone to lean on & love. I think in order for that someone to come along though you have to be okay just being with yourself...but seriously though, I wouldn't mind a relationship (;

I've been single for 22/23 years, and that one pseudo-long-term relationship I had (with a member of the dudely persuasion) left me with enough commitment/trust issues to last a lifetime, as if I hadn't started out with enough already. However, one day I'm hoping I can find the right girl/guy to help me get over the past and move on. I've managed to come a long way on my own, but I'm at least self-aware enough to realize I've got a long way to go. That said, I *love* being single: the freedom, the independence, the ability to make decisions completely for and by myself. Remaining independent is something I require in life to be happy, and I recognize and accept that. If I end up alone at the end, so be it.

But now and then, I'll admit I get lonely. It's nice to have someone to cuddle with and someone who cares about all the minute details of my life. Mommy dearest & my circles of friends (there are several) only help so much.

I've been single for quite a long time now, mainly out of choice. Just needed a break from relationships to think about what I really want. I haven't yet had a relationship with a woman, though enjoyed a passionate kiss once. Looking forward to meeting other women, and maybe not being single anymore. Single is a bit boring at the moment, need more fun and excitement.

I enjoyed being single when I went out tonight with a friend. It gave me the freedom to flirt around, smile at strangers, accept a drink from a cute guy.

But it also made me realize how much I enjoy kissing. Smiling constantly with a new lover. Butterflies.. and addiction to someone. Sigh.

I am ready to date now.

Ive been single for over two years and dont enjoy it. Im a fairly strong person but value sharing my life and heart with someone special..definitely ready to meet someone.

Ive been single for over two years and dont enjoy it. Im a fairly strong person but value sharing my life and heart with someone special..definitely ready to meet someone.

I'm okay.

Who is not okay are those who are not single and come across people like me quizzing them on their fucking personal life, bf, etc.

It would be a great idea if all non single people would just mind their own effing business and stop feeling jealous for us who can have it all, who have the freedom to do whatever we want.

Unlike those who are in a relationship :)

I have been single over the past six years, one or two relationships in that time but no-one i would ever want to commit to, and really, by now i am happy as single. i have a great job, my two kids and there are plenty things to keep me busy, plenty opportunities to meet people, and plenty opportunities to spend time, like now, doing my own thing. i was out for a walk with a friend this morning, and nice as her company is, I'm really glad to be home for two or three hours of peace and quiet!

i was once in a twenty-year relationship and i was much more lonely in that relationship than i have ever felt since i became divorced.

It seem like when I'm single I want to be in a relationship... and then when I am with someone I stay in the relationship way past the point where I should break up with them. I get the feeling they aren't someone I want to be with long-term, but I don't have the courage to cut them off. So I am happy being single and trying to take the time to meet the right girl rather than any girl. I have been on so many dates but nothing pans out, that is discouraging. Overall in my life I've spent more time being single, so I don't mind it but I want to have a family and I see all my friends have one and that can be hard.

I am just recently single, so. No I'm not really okay with it. However, since the last few weeks of my relationship I felt alone. Like I wasn't really in a relationship. It's manageable being alone for the time being. I think I really needed this. I was in a relationship for a year and it turned sour in the last 3 months, but I held on regardless. It didn't end on bad terms and I feel like we'll be friends eventually. But for right now I just need distance and space and to concentrate on myself. So, really I'm okay with being single because this i what I wanted. This is what I needed. I'm happy with my decision. Just takes a bit of adjusting.

being single is a natural state for me, i'm a pro bachelorette you might say. i always felt weird in a relationship, didn't know how to act.

the only issue that ruins my single's happiness is the lack of sex. big problem.. and it gets worse as time goes by.

it's been some years now that i try to talk my love interests into having a f*ck buddy connection than a real relationship. it's not for me to freely cheat on them, no, i just don't want to lose my sense of freedom.

when i was a teenager all i wanted was to have a bf, i left my abusive family and then met a guy and moved in with him, he then turned violent as well so now ive been single and couldnt be happier :) just very put off men!

I haven't been single long, I actually can't recall when hubby moved out because the last few weeks everything moved so quickly that I've kind of lost track of the days and what happened when. This is the first time in my life I have ever been alone. I was living with hubby from age 17 and previous to that I had bf's. So this is actually all an adjustment but yes so far i'm liking it. I love having the bed to myself, I love getting to do as I please when I please, I love being the one to make all the day to day decisions for my son, obviously anything major I'd still talk to him about, less washing to do is defo a bonus, but so far yes I'm really liking being single :). X

There are merits for being single and for being in a relationship; it depends on your situation at that particular time....

I'm happy being single most of the time - I'm quite independent and have a lot of near-future plans that I can't really modify for that special someone. I know that if I was to get into a relationship now it's unlikely that it could be long term; not impossible, just unlikely!

Then again, there are other times when my independence scares me; I worry that I'll never manage to settle. I've had a few boyfriends, the longest lasting 10 months. I remember being in the relationships and being scared to give too much of myself - I know that sounds cheesey, but it genuinely frightened me. There were some very personal things I just couldn't bring myself to tell them and it worries me I'll never be able to.

I've never had a relationship with a girl, and it's only recently that I've started thinking that might be what I'm after. I've started wondering if my inability to open up to guys is because what I really want is the right girl.

Well, we'll see! xx

I enjoy being single and I enjoy being in a relationship. Being so young and having been with my bf as long as I have been I feel sometimes like i'm not letting myself expierence what all is out there, even though he thinks i'm all that he wants. Granted, we have been off and on for no longer than 3 weeks on each breaking point. I agree, it just depends on the current situation and goals or dreams you have set for yourself. I feel that when you are single you can be a bit more carefree have your flat to yourself, most importantly the bathroom and closet is solely yours! Don't get me wrong I do like being in my current relationship, but at times I DO miss the single life.

I’m bored of being single. I liked being single for a while there but it’s a bit old news know. At the same time I’m not sure it would be fair on someone to be in a relationship with me. (I’m a bit messed up :unsure:)

I kind of hate it at the moment... there are so many things about a romantic relationship that I miss :( on the other hand the amount of drama that seems to plague my friends' relationships almost makes me think twice about getting involved with someone! Lol... There are pros and cons to both I guess, but when it boils down to it people in relationships always have someone they can rely on to be there for them whatever their needs are, which us singletons don't.

I haven't been single for more than a few months in about 10 years. I've had 3 serious relationships, but always seemed to date in between. I just enjoy having someone to call in the morning, having someone to think about when I go to sleep. I just love love:)

I haven't been single for more than a few months in about 10 years. I've had 3 serious relationships, but always seemed to date in between. I just enjoy having someone to call in the morning, having someone to think about when I go to sleep. I just love love:)

Have admit I envy you a little :P I've been single for three years and sometimes I'm very doubtful I'll ever meet anyone (of the female persuasion at least!) Oh well, pessimism means you can always be pleasantly surprised! ;) heheh

I am ok with being single but I would love to have someone to go to dinner with, go to the museum with, go to an amusement park with...I am ok with being single, but I hate feeling like I will ALWAYS be single. I have never been in a relationship so I am used to being alone. I am also an only child, so I am used to being alone without feeling lonely for the most part. Basically, I can deal with being alone for the rest of my life if I had to, but I don't want to... Dating a man would be fine, but what I really want is a woman. There is a Shybi member here that I would love to date but we live far from one another. Le sigh...I'll stop here because it looks like I'm asking for a pity party. I'm not. LolAnyway, for the single women here, how do you feel about being single?Sent from my iPod
I have days where I'm okay with being single, then others where I'm wanting that relationship experience. I think at the end of the day I do want to be with someone, I just want to make sure I'm ready, meaning I want to unravel from all the crap of my last relationship lol. I am definitely getting there, day by day.And I too want to date a woman, definitely. There is a woman here I want to be with as well. But she also lives far away. ;)Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2 Edited by Naturalgirl

Being single is ok for me right now. It gives me a chance to get to know myself, my likes dislikes, how much im willing to tolerate, etc. But deep down I do want a relationship. This is the 1st time ive been single in years and now Im starting to discover the interest i have in dating a woman. Dating a man is cool as long as Im feeling him. But I would love to date a woman and experience what it is like to truly connect with someone on all levels. Maybe soon Ill meet a woman

Took me awhile to get comfortable being single. I think I'm finally there. I am enjoying the freedom to do whatever I want without having to consider someone else. I do miss many things about being with someone. And like the original poster mentioned, I would like someone to go to places with etc. But right now, I feel like I am growing more and learning more about myself as a person. I love that. I don't really date between relationships.

Relationships are great. Lots to learn about yourself there as well. But having been in relationships for the past 5-6 years, being single now for the past year has been pretty great although I didn't feel that way at first. Eventually I would love to be in a relationship again. But for now, I'm content with being single.

I have been married and divorced twice now and I have to say I love being in a relationship for the companionship and the sex but I am very ok living alone with my kids. I have yet to find a man who is willing to be my partner and accept me for who I am. Most just want you to take care of them. If I wanted 3 kids I would of had them. I am currently single and have been for 8 months now and I am loving my space and life is so much less stressful, except for the sexual frusteration.....oh well I guess you can't have it both ways but batteries never disappoint!!!!!! LOL

i tend to me okay in myself until some smug married makes me feel like a freak!