Riddle

Are You Ok With Being Single?

350 posts in this topic

I would say that I enjoy being single only if i didn't go through a tough post-breakup time by myself.

So I would say I enjoy both being single and being in a relationship BUT it really is depending on the situation I am going thru at the time being.

Same here. Only child and never really have been in any relationship so I'm used to being alone. It can be frustrating but I fill my life with other things that make me happy and just keep hoping that one day I'll find someone.

Very interesting topic! :)

I've been single since 2007 and have felt intensely lonely at times, but at the moment I'm fine - yes, a relationship would be lovely, but it would have to be with the right person! In the meantime, it's just nice to have fun with people as friends.

LLx

not really :( im not use to it, altho i dont mind been on my own so much i have just recently realised that i have a romantic side to me that i never knew i had.......and now i feel frustrated that i cant show it!!!!!!!

I am single and I have always enjoyed it until now.

I have no problem being single, but I do wish I had a *ahem* "buddy" for emergencies!

I kind of hate it at the moment... there are so many things about a romantic relationship that I miss :( on the other hand the amount of drama that seems to plague my friends' relationships almost makes me think twice about getting involved with someone! Lol... There are pros and cons to both I guess, but when it boils down to it people in relationships always have someone they can rely on to be there for them whatever their needs are, which us singletons don't.

This is exactly how i feel. It does make me sad to be single and not to have that person to rely on, a person to be really interested in you to share things with and discover all there is to know about them... But It does make me feel annoyed or sad when i hear about tough relationships or relationships that are screaming 'not right for each other' (although it is not your place to say so). I guess it is better to be single than to be involved with someone who doesn't make you feel really happy.

There are some days I wake up and I am alone and want someone to be there. But when I go out and I see the drama of people there, it makes me snap back to reality. I think the thing that makes me stay single is I don't feel like i want to settle just to be with someone. I am happy with that answer but it doesnt keep me warm at night.

I just got out of my first 'proper' relationship which was with a guy and i feel so much more free and like i could do anything without restriction, he was quite posessive. But honestly i do miss being close to someone and being held etc and even more so as i have no friends where i live really. I also hate the feeling that i will never be in a relationship again which i can only hope is completely rediculous :) x

There's advantages to be single like being able to do what you want to when you want to and not having to make sure it fits in with your partner's plans first and I like that but I'm starting to find that I just miss the bond of just "being there" with someone - I've got close friends but it's just not the same. Also makes me feel awkward when I'm around groups of friends who aren't single. It's not something that used to bother me but does now as more and more are getting married or starting families. Not something I want to do at the moment but it makes me different to them.

Haven't been single in what 7years, married to the guy and yeah so, I'm sure single life is fun:)

Generally yes, but today, for some reason, I'm missing having a siginficant other around.

I was fine with being single for a while but I'm getting tired of it. I want that special woman in my life. I hope I'll meet her soon!

I've been single for nearly 9 years do miss having a partner, however my previous relationships weren't exactly the best, but I am lonely and would like to become involved with someone I can be completely relaxed with and who I can share various experiences with such as holidays x

it's 50/50 for me. I miss having someone to talk with, laugh with, cook for! Hard to cook like I do for just me. I guess it's just the companionship I'm missing. well, that and some good, honest, comfortable sex. : )

I've been single for a while now, and I'm okay with it. I've always enjoyed companionship, but I also know I'm at a place in my life where I'm wanting more than just simple "companionship." I'm wanting a life partner. So, I'm perfectly content with waiting and allowing relationships that blossom to unfold naturally :)

it is hard especailly after a breakup but it gets better

most days are ok. that is a start

I am 30 years old...with relationships with less than 6 months just with guys. I have never felt completed due to short time relationships and trying to work out how to get away of my head the girl of my life. Then i consider that I have always been single...and no, I am not ok o be single. I want her in my life...forever.

being single after a disastrous relationship..i feel relieved..i'm enjoying things now as a single, i can do lots of things without worrying ..i can do whatever i want but ofcourse sometimes i miss being cared off..maybe in time i can find someone who can be happy by just being with me but as off now..i'm single, happy and ready to mingle

Hmmmmm I don't feel like I'm in a good position in my life to be in a relationship, I need to get myself together financially and mentally before I feel ready to be in a relationship. Although I wouldn't mind the companionship and love of a relationship. Oh and the s*x lol

Yes I am. Having kids makes it just seem more simple to be single. New guys in the equation just usually makes things harder and confusing for the kids

Since I've never been a relationship I'm usually just restricted to tossing it around in my mind, but ultimately I just wouldn't appreciate feeling tied down to someone...especially someone I don't enjoy. This sounds weird, but to me its normal because I've honestly never found anyone that I would genuinely want to be in a relationship with. Plus whenever I do imagine what it would be like I can easily see me or the other person becoming to clingy for my liking, which is something I would rather avoid from anybody. So I guess I enjoy being single, but can get a little lonely sometimes.

I'm in love with being single! I don't have to answer to anyone except myself. I am in school finishing my bachelor's degree and writing my first novel. If I find a bran new jkob or get published before I meet someone I can have myself established already so we can both have careers. There's quite a bit of positive things about being single its just a matter of focusing on it.

i love being single and the fun that goes with it... i dont know until when I'm gonna love it, but i dont like it when people tells me I'm good at being single... hello, I'm also craving for some romance from time to time..?!