Riddle

Are You Ok With Being Single?

350 posts in this topic

I'm 22 and honestly I do have a boyfriend(dating for 1yr and 6mths so far) so I'm not single, but I do feel like I really want a girlfriend in my life too, my BF surprisingly is okay with this being that with his new job as of 6 months ago has us seeing each other maybe once or twice during the week and only for a few hours, it's definitely putting loads of strain on our relationship and for lack of a better way to put it - turning him into an ass....I liked the time to myself at first but now it's really eating at me! And in my part of the state it's hard to find girls like me(or all of us for that matter lol) I guess the answer to the initial question is no, I don't like being/feeling single and I don't like being alone :nea:

Tedious is the perfect word... tedious and exhausting....I don't like it.. I don't really date.. I have options.. but I don't really like being single either..its not because Im lonely..I am around people all day.. its cause I wanna share my life and sexuality. It is a big part of my being.. the sexy part. .the intimate part.. the pleasure part.. the connective part... Can I do it.. yes.. but I don't want to.

I am definitely okay with being single, overall. Though I do have moments of loneliness, there are very few people that I would want as my partner in life and very few relationships that I see that seem preferable to my life/being single.

Where with me I am not single. I have not been single every since I was 19 always been married.I am 42 now.You said.you was the only child. and you used to being alone.But it would be nice. if you have someone that you fall in love with And wake up next to that special person beside you.Sometime being alone is not always good but good luck

I hav been single for quite a long time.. being sigle has its benefits.. u are not bound to anything or anyone.. but smetimea u jus wanna let sme one take care of u.. make u feel exclusive.. n that is all I desire now.. I enjoy the freedom.. but freedom always runs parallel with loneliness... I would rather love my freedom intercepted certain times.. a person who lets me fly n at the same time makes me wanna cmme back to the ground.. enjoy n soar again.. ;)

I like the simplicity of being single... but I dont like not knowing if im on someone's mind... or not having anyone to give this love to when i wanna give it way.

I think yes for now. I don't want to go on serious relationships when I'm not ready yet. I don't want to make the next girl a rebound. I want to take time healing and just enjoy being not committed to anyone. It feels lonely yes, especially when your ex found someone in your place (even if its just a doubt). I feel like half-empty deep inside though. I still have my family and some friends I can count on. So that's a big relief for me and I want to spend more of my time with my mom and sis. Right now, I'm trying to bond with them and somehow, I can talk well to to my mom and she's sharing her feelings to me which is a good thing. So I guess my first priority now is my family then the next would be my career and lastly, my trusted friends. At least there are still good things happening in my life.

I've never taken issue with being single (I'm not single now), but like you, OP, I never liked the ide of being single forever. I enjoy my own company, and I've never needed someone to "complete" me, but I love having someone to come home to, someone to be intimate with (in every sense of the word), and knowing that someone loves me. But I'd certainly rather be single than be coupled for the sake of being coupled.

I enjoy the freedom of being single, and I mean that in the sense of just going about my day exactly how I want, not having to explain why I enjoy doing the things I do etc. But then there's times where I realise how lonely I am emotionally and physically, where I would really go on a night out and get off with someone just to soothe the hurt over my break-up.

I guess I just feel hopeless as to whether I will meet anyone else and not knowing how long I'll be single.

I enjoy the freedom of being single, and I mean that in the sense of just going about my day exactly how I want, not having to explain why I enjoy doing the things I do etc. But then there's times where I realise how lonely I am emotionally and physically, where I would really go on a night out and get off with someone just to soothe the hurt over my break-up.

I guess I just feel hopeless as to whether I will meet anyone else and not knowing how long I'll be single.

I can really relate to what your saying. I feel much the same. But I think if I were to have a night out and 'score' with a stranger just for that emotional and physical connection it would just magnify that gap in my life, could make you want it more and more, with random people. Not sure I could live like that. Could really do with the physical side of things at the moment, for sure. Its been 8 months and that's the longest I've gone without sex in over 20 years, extremely frustrated.

I can really relate to what your saying. I feel much the same. But I think if I were to have a night out and 'score' with a stranger just for that emotional and physical connection it would just magnify that gap in my life, could make you want it more and more, with random people. Not sure I could live like that. Could really do with the physical side of things at the moment, for sure. Its been 8 months and that's the longest I've gone without sex in over 20 years, extremely frustrated.

I wouldn't go out and sleep with a stranger, even just talking dancing up close etc. Although last time I did that I sort of gave out mixed signals and the person was confused lol.

Now back to fiction for my romantic and physical fixes! Kinda sad at 21 really, even my parents say I don't get out enough!

I'm okay with being single. I would rather be single than in a bad relationship. Sometimes I do feel lonely but, I would still rather be alone than just being in a relationship just to say I'm in one and not really being happy or satisfied in it.

I wasn't a little while ago but now I realized one of the best perks of being single... That's one less person I have to make time for in my very busy life.

I wish i was ok being single, but I'm not, literally going crazy Now after a year of being single.

I've been single for nearly two years after a 6 year marriage. At first it was hard but mainly out of habit and fear, but now I feel like it really becomes me. I'm not looking for a romantic relationship right now; I had a (male) fwb last winter and besides it didn't last too long, I found that's not the kind of relationship I want.

I'm not sure if I'm made for a committed long term relationship, or at least to live with someone. Loneliness is nice in its own way, maybe I feel so bc I'm slightly introvert and also I was an only child so like other shybis said, it's a comfortable, known place.

Being single has many perks, but lately I can't shake this lonely feeling. It keeps creeping up on me and it seems wherever I turn someone else is falling love. :-/ if anyone has any tips or advice please feel free to MSG me!

I've essentially become content with being single, as I have been my whole life. I enjoy the freedom that I have. There's a part of me that wonders if I'll ever enter a relationship. At times the loneliness catches me off guard, as it's all I've known. But at this point, I'll take everything day by day.

I'm so ok with it ... it's true!!! :)

Yes, I know I'm not ready.

I'm lonely sometimes. Like now, the kids are asleep and I'm on the sofa with my laptop and the TV for company. It would be nice to have someone beside me. I know that I don't have any spare time or any space in my head to give to a relationship. I don't want a man, I've had enough there. I would like a relationship with a woman, but not any time soon. For now I've got a 24/7 job and a whole lot of s*** to sort in my head before I can even think about it. It's nice to imagine though.

I just became single a couples days ago and honestly I cannot remember the last time I was without a man in my life. I feel a sense of freedom that I haven't felt probably in my entire life. I'm hoping that this feeling lasts because I so am not ready for a relationship and just want to have fun and take this time to explore my sexuality.

im very ok with being single. sure i have moments of feeling "lonely" but its very easy for that feeling to subside. i just recently started working another job, so my time is pretty much consumed. at the moment, i feel my focus is working on myself (to be a better person for not only myself, but for my son) and getting my financials in order. so with having said that, yes. yes i am. :)

just an update.. i'm enjoying being single right now. i'm free like. bird. ot gets lonely sometimes but at least i'm more focused now with myself and my loved ones :)

I've been a widow since 2009. Work and trying to get my two children out of the house have kept me busy. People are always trying to get me to date. I'm not really out and I think if I want to date again it will be with a woman. I have joined an woman's "meet up" and I'm beginning to get out more. I have a close group of friends but they are married and they don't know that' I enjoy the ladies!!!!