Raven4177

What Was Your Favorite Class In School?

186 posts in this topic

Biology, English Music and Maths. 

Geography and RE being my least favourite. 

The sciences were always my favorite and where I excelled.

Mine was Math and Art. I took each all 4 years.

English was my worse subject. I'm terrible at grammar and self conscious about it. It's probably why you'll see several edits on my posts because of this.

Edited by Nidalaeh

History was my absolute favorite.

Did also enjoy English Lit.

History and Languages. I lost interest when the classes plateaued. I switched classes a lot.

Edited by Hungry

Art and P.E. All my books were covered in scribbles.

Most of the time it was Maths but once I turned 16 and could take it, Economics, since it had maths you could have opinions about.

English, biology, and astronomy. I liked my graphics design class, but I ended up teaching three to five classes a week or made the lesson plan because the teacher had no idea how to use the programs. 

Lunch Time. :)

Maths! I loved it so much I even took up Advanced Maths after school lol.

My favourite part of it-once you "got it" you didn't have to study for it again : )

Art, Biology, and French.....All the female teachers I had a crush on! :P It really helped the motivation to learn!

On 8/21/2017 at 9:57 PM, Shy_Kat said:

Maths! I loved it so much I even took up Advanced Maths after school lol.

My favourite part of it-once you "got it" you didn't have to study for it again : )

I've always envied people who were great at and had a passion for math! I didn't have "trouble" in it, but I could've done better if I applied myself like I did with the humanities.

My best and favourite subject was (and still is) history! I love everything about it. One of my least favourite things about Australia, is that it doesn't have as rich a history as where I come from in the U.S. I was also really good at English Lit...one of my class mates even paid me to ghost write one of her papers. Oops! 

Chemistry but I don't know I would have felt that way had I not had my chemistry teacher in high school.  He made it interesting, fun and challenging.  I wanted to learn all that I could!!!  Unfortunately my family pushed geology through college....nope, I don't use my degree and never have!

13 hours ago, Hammy said:

I've always envied people who were great at and had a passion for math! I didn't have "trouble" in it, but I could've done better if I applied myself like I did with the humanities.

My best and favourite subject was (and still is) history! I love everything about it. One of my least favourite things about Australia, is that it doesn't have as rich a history as where I come from in the U.S. I was also really good at English Lit...one of my class mates even paid me to ghost write one of her papers. Oops! 

@Hammy lol-we are complete opposites! History had so many dates, people, events etc to learn that it felt like too much hard work! And English Lit was very average for me. I do agree with you that Aus is less historically rich but looking forward to the day it feels like home...

Too brilliant that you got paid to write a paper!

On 8/21/2017 at 11:57 PM, Shy_Kat said:

It's true! But I stopped loving Math when it came to Calculus and Statistics. Hate them. Hate Statistics up to now. My favourites were Algebra and Geometry. They're just like you're playing mystery games and puzzles. LOL! 

I loved World History. 

I was never big on school. If I had to pick a subject it would be something like Art. That's the only thing the teachers couldn't screw up for me. 

In high school, I loved English and drama.

I went to a terribly small school in the middle of nowhere. Teachers were dull and I passed over half my classes simply for having breasts. I didn't enjoy science, history or math because my teachers were terrible at their jobs. Nonetheless, I took school very seriously and pushed through.

As an adult, I prefer history. Psychology and Law own my heart.

On 8/23/2017 at 7:48 AM, Leigh1968 said:

Chemistry but I don't know I would have felt that way had I not had my chemistry teacher in high school.  He made it interesting, fun and challenging.  I wanted to learn all that I could!!!  Unfortunately my family pushed geology through college....nope, I don't use my degree and never have!

My high school chemistry teachers were also wonderful and inspired me to pursue the subject. I actually wish I'd taken more geology. I was put off before because my K-12 teachers portrayed it as just petrology, but when I realized it's literally the study of the earth it blew my mind.

@ChemFem my Dad is part owner of an oil company and he really wanted me to be a part of the company.  I hate that industry.....it is not very forgiving with your time and commitment.  My dad was on the fringe when I was growing up because he was always working and I knew this was not what I wanted.  I wish I would have gone into the medical field but hindsight.....

3 hours ago, Leigh1968 said:

@ChemFem my Dad is part owner of an oil company and he really wanted me to be a part of the company.  I hate that industry.....it is not very forgiving with your time and commitment.  My dad was on the fringe when I was growing up because he was always working and I knew this was not what I wanted.  I wish I would have gone into the medical field but hindsight.....

People have urged me to go into oil and gas because it pays well but even if I had no moral objections the fact is it seems to require total devotion of your time (plus periodic isolation if you work on a rig)

Anything but History, especially Math and Spanish.  I LOVE math and learning languages.  I did well in everything, except History. lol. I just saw no logical purpose in learning History, so I didn't devote many of my skill points in that area; just enough to reasonably pass.

Art, Art history, Earth and space science, environmental science, human anatomy and physiology,

Math,  or shop/home ec.  I love working with my hands and a mid day treat was always nice.

I always loved math and science. But In high school found a new love for history after the right teacher showed a new way of looking at history instead of just reading the text book and testing on it. Always thought we need more history teachers like him. Also that's when I got into cosmetology. Now my career.