la-femme

Topic Tags

13 posts in this topic

Hi All,

This is a little used facility, yet so useful to others once you've started your topic. As once a topic is tagged with a word or two to describe what the topic is about.. then similar topics will be automatically displayed underneath for member to browse through. And of course, your topic will also be displayed in the future for anyone starting a similar topic.

It provides a wonderful way of pulling up topics that members can browse through on very similar topics ie 'coming out' or 'relationship breakups', or 'iphone or android'... list is endless. The boards are very big so this is a good way of popping up lots of topics a member would love to read about.

So for the moment, in some of our busier forums, I've implemented the tag as a 'must do' before the topic will post. It only needs a quick one word description. More if you like. But will be so useful to future members searching for support on the endless number of discussion topics we have here. There's a wealth of info, and a lot of it gets buried simply because it's not very visable anymore. So though I can't ressurect it for older topics.. I can try and make sure from today that very valuable topics no longer disappear 'never to be read again'.. once it's moved off the first page. Especially if there are numerous threads on a subject providing member thoughts and input.

I hope this is ok with everyone ?

Sounds a great idea. I completely missed a 'stalker' theme today because my eyes were not as good as tagging would be. It would also mean that mods and members can guide others to use it for seraches saving time and replication hopefully :)

Yet another great feature la femme! Thanks for the site and all the work you all do in the background too

lilac

Was thinking of this today as well when i typed in "what's for dinner" nothing came up so i just tried "dinner" and that didn't throw it up either. I was thinking jeezo could the poster not have tagged the words dinner or food to that topic lol :)

Was thinking of this today as well when i typed in "what's for dinner" nothing came up so i just tried "dinner" and that didn't throw it up either. I was thinking jeezo could the poster not have tagged the words dinner or food to that topic lol :)

possibly a good thing that the googling didn't throw up your dinner....

possibly a good thing that the googling didn't throw up your dinner....

:lol: i was slow with that one az :P

I get other people finding it useful... But for myself.. I don't use the search facility.. I just browse through the forum and any thread title I see I seem interested in, I will go into and read.. So I honestly don't know why it's a big deal to put tags up.. But each to their own I guess.

I get other people finding it useful... But for myself.. I don't use the search facility.. I just browse through the forum and any thread title I see I seem interested in, I will go into and read.. So I honestly don't know why it's a big deal to put tags up.. But each to their own I guess.

Aaah but the point is Angel that when you find a thread you're really interested in..other threads on very similar subjects will automatically appear for you to browse through also. Which can only be a good thing if you've been really interested in that particular topic in the first place. :rap:

It saves trolling through the forums to find the "im thinking" or "right this second" threads when something pops into your head that you must tell shybi that instant :lol: . Not that im a troll! :P

And Angel i couldn't find the "what's for dinner" thread the other day ANYWHERE! I Was beside myself that there was no tags attached lol

It saves trolling through the forums to find the "im thinking" or "right this second" threads when something pops into your head that you must tell shybi that instant :lol: . Not that im a troll! :P

i agree with rando. there are some fun threads ... and i too have typed "dinner" -- zilch. or "thinking" -- zilch, or "listening song" -- zilch. im like WTFFFFF???

i eventually used Ctrl + F to do a key word search :P

Edited by Cola Gurl

I love the tags. How do you tag something? Can you do it when posting a reply, or only when starting a thread?

this is a really great idea! :)

I love the tags. How do you tag something? Can you do it when posting a reply, or only when starting a thread?

Just when starting a thread, there's a box for you to type them in.