PersephoneDives

Do You Smoke Hookah/shisha?

43 posts in this topic

Do any of you smoke hookah (for the sake of clarity, I call the waterpipe it's self a hookah and the tobacco shisha)?

I don't smoke weed, though I'm not particularly against it or anything, but a few years back my husband and I picked up a hookah on a whim and loved it. All of our friends loved it, so we eventually invested in a 4ft tall, 4 hose, rotating hookah for our Monday "party" nights. We named the hookah Leonidas, and our small one is named Frodo (because he's small, but makes smoke rings like a champ :P)

We've had ours for about 3 years now, and I love making different blends of shisha (we've even made our own from scratch) and trying them with different liquids in the base. Neither of us smoke cigarettes or cigars, and never have more than the occasional drunken social cigarette, especially after getting the hookah.

I know hookah smoking isn't too popular here in the States, but picking up popularity with the college crowd. So, just curious, anyone else enjoy an occasional hookah session?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah

thumbnail.png

I did it a couple of times in my early twenties. Me and my friends would all sit around the kitchen table getting drunk smokin the sheesha. I didn't think it was too bad although i was always rather intoxicated when i did it.

I do socially. I have a hooka but barley use it.

They can be a bitch to set up if you're not really in the mood for it. :P

I must be very naive cause I have never heard of that at all.

I must be very naive cause I have never heard of that at all.

I haven't either Angel and i wouldn't say i was naive at all :)

Be not heard of it either but saw some of them on sale in a Manchester newsagents at the weekend, they had them as shishas, I just thought they were another style of bong for smoking pot lol. It's not something I'd be into either

I haven't either Angel and i wouldn't say i was naive at all :)

No definitely not naive randy ;p lmao

Some people do use them to smoke weed, but they are an extremely old tradition in India and the Middle East. They've found them as far back as Mesopotamia.

This coming from a long term smoker... A hookah is pretty much the most hazardous (to health) way to smoke tobacco and so no, I wouldn't go near one.

No and no. I don't smoke anything. My sister smokes hookah and is always raving about it...I am curious but not curious enough to try it :P

Not heard of it, and if it is illegal and I had heard of it, I wouldn't be mentioning it on a public forum. Btw, I'm a cop :rofl:

Not heard of it, and if it is illegal and I had heard of it, I wouldn't be mentioning it on a public forum. Btw, I'm a cop :rofl:

Girl you are bad..let them have there fun... BTW I'm DEA... x military and all..... :no:

I have once. It was my friends, and it was lemon and eucalyptis, man it was good!!!

Uh its tabacco y'all

Girl you are bad..let them have there fun... BTW I'm DEA... x military and all..... :no:

yeah but is it legal ??? y'all know we have different laws :rofl:

weed is a plant too. Anyway, whatever you smoke, so long as its not synthetic - that stuff is lethal

yeah but is it legal ??? y'all know we have different laws :rofl:

Ahhh well now that is a different question lmao!!!! Didn't think of that! A durh! I know in most states it is. But who knows!

Looked it up, hookahs are legal in all fifty states here in the US. Its down to districts to regulate laws on their own

Edited by shelby123

Edited by boots2cats

Looked it up, hookahs are legal in all fifty states here in the US. Its down to districts to regulate laws on their own

Ok I'm from the states and my sister does have one so I am familiar what can be used in it Shelby your right it is tobacco but you can also put pot/weed in it to which can be mix with the tobacco...which is illegal in my state and hers...and throughout the U.S. unless for medical purposes and then there is only a few states that allows that Cali I'm pretty sure is one of them.. it's only legal in 18 of the states.. Edited by boots2cats

Ok I'm from the states and my sister does have one so I am familiar what can be used in it Shelby your right it is tobacco but you can also put pot/weed in it to which can be mix with the tobacco...which is illegal in my state and hers...and throughout the U.S. unless for medical purposes and then there is only a few states that allows that Cali I'm pretty sure is one of them.. it's only legal in 18 of the states..

I said nothing about smoking pot. I myself can't stand pot, it makes you stupid and tired, plus hungry. So it seems a waste of time to me. I wasn't even trying to address you actually. I hit multiquote and taped the wrong post. So sorry to seem bitchy. I was just putting it out there that shisha was tabacco. Yeah , I have heard of people smokin pot in them, and can't see why they woul. The one time I tried tabacco in it tasted good, but the smoke was harsh, so I can't imagine smoking anything else in it. I think colorado might be now to with cali. I know it isn't legal her in nm. I mean whoever wants to smoke it I don't care. Just am not a fan.

Wanted to add that eighteen states is a lot more then I thought there were! Wow, crazy

Edited by shelby123

Hookah is legal as long as you're smoking legal substances. lol

Shelby, if the smoke was harsh, it was set up wrong. You don't burn the tobacco in a hookah, you're heating it up and drawing the vapor down through the water to cool it.

Yes, you still get nicotine like from a cigarette, but little to no tar or carcinogens. It's safer than a cigarette, though certainly still not safe. You're still smoking tobacco, there is still the risk of lung cancer.