GirlsGonna

Fanfiction: Who's Into It?

73 posts in this topic

A serious guilty pleasure of mine!

I mainly read a mix of Once Upon a Time, Harry Potter and Carmilla. Though I do occasionally drift into Wynonna Earp, Glee, Supergirl, Tomb Raider, Dr. Who and Twilight (<- please don't judge me *hides face*).

fanfiction???yes most definitely i read some in almost all the shows that i watch im a huge Olicity Fan

I read a lot of Labyrinth fanfics. It always bothered me even as a kid that Sarah and Jareth never ended up together, so I find stories where they do. :) (And some of them get REALLY freaking hot...)

... IHaveAlsoWrittenSomeFicsBeforeAboutFandomsILike *runs away in shame*

*EDIT* I was also a big Twilight fan in college, and to this day I maintain that she got the Breaking Dawn Jacob/Renesmee imprint thing from me... except my storyline that led up to it was much less cheesy and way more tragic. The beginning involved Bella giving birth, being turned, having bloodlust like a normal non-mary-sue, and accidentally killing Charlie before disappearing and joining the Vulturi. Evie (the daughter) grows up normally, with the venom inside her basically acting like a tumor in remission. At any time, she could turn.

Sigh. Wish I'd finished that one.

Edited by BunnyBread

I definitely recommend AO3 (Archive Of Our Own) over fanfiction.net, the AO3 website is better laid out and easier to read and post stuff on. The formatting tends to be better on there too.

OTPs, oh yeah... I totally ship Zoro x Sanji, and Nami x Vivi (from One Piece manga / anime). The Zoro/Sanji modern AU fic series A Wild Combination by Wordweaver is worth checking out (bisexual, gay and lesbian characters) at http://archiveofourown.org/works/3851575/chapters/8598925. Other good ZoSan fics include Burnt Hero and The Dinner Suit by threesipsmore; As Natural As The Air We Breathe by Cirro; Cola by nakedhelot; Make No Mistake by dickyang & vageege; and anything by aevium.

Admitting to liking fanfic is yet another thing to come out of the closet about... Guilty pleasures, heh. :evilgrin0039:

I use AO3 for my Dragon Age: Inquisition fanfiction: 2BlueEyez

I really need to get my Mass Effect and Witcher 3 fanfictions typed up and put on there... just got to find the time lol (ll- _ -)

I goodness, I feel so much better now! I've been reading and writing fanfiction for maybe 17 years. It's great stuff. There are amazing writers out there. And some really awful ones! Rofl

Only started fan fictions last year but I got hooked! It helped me get through the waiting period between seasons of Wentworth!

I have always been into FF. Wrote a couple for FF.net.

I love fanfiction. I haven't read any in a while, probably gonna have to go read some tonight. I have a guilty pleasure for really bad fanfiction. Like the infamous Harry Potter fanfiction "My Immortal" and stuff like that. Probably purposefully bad, but it's so entertaining. Read a really weird Ed, Edd & Eddy one once that involved Edd and Kevin getting together and Kevin being a murdering mortician. Pretty weird.

Oh I love Fanfic :) I read some nearly every day! I love Sherlock, Harry Potter, Teenwolf (anything with Stiles in it!) Dr Who, Torchwood etc. I've also written some too! I use AO3.

Fanfiction is great.

Harry Potter (Draco/Ginny and Draco/ginny/Blaise(male or female)) is my favorite pairing and stories to read.

I've been reading fanfic for (far to many) years!  Over at a tv forum fellow posters suggested fics, so much so that eventually fanfic got their own forum. I think I started with West Wing (especially liked ygrawn's stuff), Bones, Doctor Who (9/Rose, 10/Rose), Criminal Minds (Hotch/JJ), plus a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now. 

I check out FF, AO3, Teaspoon, and different Tumblrs  

Any reccs for Sherlock? 

I love fanfiction :)

The only problem I have with it (aside from spending too much time reading it) is that I tend to do things the wrong way round, so (1) randomly read an amazing fic for a show I haven't watched yet, (2) get hooked on the fandom and read loads more (3) actually watch the show and am hugely disappointed when the characters are less interesting/hot/witty than the fic versions!

So I'm kinda into fanfic, depending on the fandom. For example, comics/shows/books I do enjoy reading some fanfic. I do not read a lot of it because sometimes it takes away from my understanding of the characters. However, I'm curious to see how other people develop/interpret the stories. I wish I could write fanfic, especially for YA/new adult genre but I need a lot of work. I constantly come up with plot/character development and new additions to stories in my head a lot and play them out (does anybody else do this??) I think I've got pretty good ideas but I can never create a good paced fanfic lol. 

On 12/05/2017 at 9:54 PM, Kelpie said:

I love fanfiction :)

The only problem I have with it (aside from spending too much time reading it) is that I tend to do things the wrong way round, so (1) randomly read an amazing fic for a show I haven't watched yet, (2) get hooked on the fandom and read loads more (3) actually watch the show and am hugely disappointed when the characters are less interesting/hot/witty than the fic versions!

that post made me laugh :D

Edited by bluebell

I read fanfic occasionally (don't tell anyone! :P) but it is veeery rare and usually because I like a show and am still in a euphoria state once a show is over

I read and write fanfiction actually! currently Star Wars centered but not.. my own characters just in the universe really.

On 5/15/2017 at 4:19 PM, bluebell said:

I read fanfic occasionally (don't tell anyone! :P) but it is veeery rare and usually because I like a show and am still in a euphoria state once a show is over

Me too! I read Stargate SG1  Fanfiction for months. I was disappointed that I could not find good Person of Interest FF. I also like finding  good FF that has been published, like Denial by Jackie Kennedy. Now,I have to check  out some of the sites form this thread!

I've written some fanfic for The Following, and I've read fics for The Following,Carmilla, Spooks, and the Underworls movies

I love fanfiction, especially well written ones. I skimmed a few RPF (real person fanfiction) about my favorite YouTubers, but some were kind of... eh. I did find a few steamy Game Grumps pieces (Arin x Jon) a couple of years back. I keep certain scenes filed away for when I need an erotic boost. :blush:

I keep searching for good Asagao Academy fanfics, but too many of them seem rushed. There wasn’t enough time to explore new routes or possible relationships.

I’ve been wanting to write some fanfic, but I have my original works to consume my free time. *sigh* Maybe I can set aside a couple of hours a week and write my own Asagao Academy story.

Besides well written fanfic, nothing entertains me more than a troll fic. Not a mean, nasty one, but something so utterly ridiculous that you know the writer did it to give everyone a good laugh. One particular piece that stands out in my mind is a Vinny Vinesauce x Barry B. Benson (Bee Movie) story. I’d never laughed so hard.

Someone here mentioned My Immortal. I’m currently re-reading The Draco Trilogy. Keep me in your thoughts.

I wrote some Dragon Age Inquisition fan fiction *blush*

I had two different ones on the go. One where femquiz (Solavellan) was looking for Solas after he disappears and Dorian was there to comfort her, make her laugh and then help her in her search. 

The other was about Cullen, again featuring Dorian very heavily as best friend to both femquiz and Cullen. I made Cullen a bit more tortured and complicated and of course there was a good bit of smut.

I was also tempted to go with the Dorian/Cullen ship and I was going to invent a female lover for femquiz (can't stand Sara) but my laptop fucking broke and I lost all of it and my poetry. Gutted.

I've read fan fiction for years! Harry Potter is my main go to! But I read from quite a bit of fandoms! I really like starslibrary.com for reading.